VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Update on the car - it was a no go. I didn't even test drive the Acadia. It was reworked in 2017 and is now much smaller than it used to be. It isn't much larger than the Kia Sorento we own right now. So now we are looking at a 2018 traverse. I know with out a shadow of a doubt I will LOVE the Traverse. Now we just need to find the one I want (colors and features) and get the financing set. The guy who is working with us said it should be tomorrow or Saturday. I will post a photo of my new baby when I get it - if I can through the tears I know I will streaming down my face (happy tears).

Update on the car - it was a no go. I didn't even test drive the Acadia. It was reworked in 2017 and is now much smaller than it used to be. It isn't much larger than the Kia Sorento we own right now. So now we are looking at a 2018 traverse. I know with out a shadow of a doubt I will LOVE the Traverse. Now we just need to find the one I want (colors and features) and get the financing set. The guy who is working with us said it should be tomorrow or Saturday. I will post a photo of my new baby when I get it - if I can through the tears I know I will streaming down my face (happy tears).
Looking forward to seeing you happy!:)

Best of luck @DVC Jen ! Buying a new car can be so much work, really depends on who you encounter along the way. Here's hoping everyone is helpful.

I love "test driving" the Chevy vehicles after Test Track. I keep telling my kids that if they actually sold them from there I'd be an owner of a Chevy now. :car:

Asking for a little bit (or a lot) of Moose dust - Pixie dust.. whatever anyone wants to send. Long story short.. We have been down to one car between Ian and I for a year. We let our youngest daughter take Ian's car a year and a half ago because hers was literally falling part and was not reliable to get her back and forth to school (college) and work. She is 4 hours away from us so he took the Vue with the 2nd rebuilt transmission and 160K miles on it and gave her his Mazds CX7. I had a Kia Sorento I had settled on after my 2008 Saturn Outlook, which I love dearly had big time transmission issues at 98K miles. Well the Vue ended up having big engine issues and we were not putting any more money into it. We couldn't afford a 3rd car payment so Ian started driving the Kia. This is only possible because I work from home. Last month we paid the Mazda off. Yippee..... Well tomorrow is the day - one year and one day after becoming carless that I could possibly get a new car. What I really wanted - a 2018 Buick Enclave fully loaded is about 150.00 more a month than we wanted to spend (Ian said he would make it work. I said no. I don't want to go back to having money as tight as it was before our youngest graduated and started supporting herself). I was pretty sad but trying to be an adult about the whole thing. Tomorrow we are going to test drive a brand new 2018 GMC Acadia Denali. I want to be super excited about it but since it was reimagined last year it is smaller than it used to be. That is an issue considering we have 400 pounds of dog ( 2 newfoundlands and a great pyrnees/lab mix) that we haul around all the time. If it doesn't work then I will probably be getting a 2016 Chevy Traverse with only 14K miles on it. The chevy would work - it is large enough but I really really want the Denali to work - for obvious reasons. lol We get all three dogs into the Kia Sorento - but it is a very tight fit. So I am hopeful the additional room of the Acadia Denali will be good enough. It is fully loaded to the max and sooooo pretty. I just have a sinking feeling I am going to want more room. That is OK - the Chevy traverse would still be nice - but well - you know.

I guess that wasn't such a long story short was it?

Best wishes on the car shopping! In November I was shopping and thought I wanted a pickup truck. Test drove Nissan Titan and loved it but even with deep discounts just couldn’t justify it (not having automatic headlights on base models infuriated me, found out that is true on Pathfinder too. Totally dumb.). Anyways, I ended up buying my first Ford in my lifetime — an Escape. On 2017 closeout loaded up with a 245 HP 2.0 liter turbo. Cold weather package, Technology package, Towing package. The vehicle has everything Except Sunroof & Leather. I was able to get this vehicle for $24,345 which was like 24.4% below MSRP. I switched from my truck wishes as this is just more practical around town. I will buy a used truck for that need. BTW, my dad is on his 2nd Traverse and loves them — it certainly is spacious and beats a 75k Suburban.

I got it. Late yesterday afternoon. I LOVE IT! Well worth the long wait the year and 2 days being stuck in the house unless Ian was home from work - all of it. 2018 Chevy Traverse Premium and she is loaded. Of course I had to think of an appropriate name as well. Her name is Pearl - the Black Pearl. LOL

i-HXGjqjJ-L.jpg

i-7nsSC2k-L.jpg

Jen, thats awesome! I love the new car smell
Corinne, great news! Glad it all worked out for you. Hoping this move is exactly what you needed to make life easier

19 more sleeps and we can't wait!!:mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald::sulley::tigger::maleficen:ccat::figment::hmghost::simba::stitch:

There is so much to do just work related that I need to complete before we exit town, but as always, it will be done. I think we haven't looked so forward to getting away to WDW in a long time as this upcoming trip, and its mostly based on a need of escapism:D Tammys mom just had a follow up surgery this past week, based on the hip surgery she had back in Aug., spent a week in the hospital this time. Tammy is so ready for this trip as its been an overly stressful time for her for quite some time.

The excitement of said trip is about to get the best of us, as if we have never been to WDW before:goodvibes

Congratulations Corinne on getting the job.

And DVC Jen it is good to hear that you got the SUV you wanted. It looks wonderful.

Honey I'm home! So my room requests were high floor, lake side. Here's my view.

VWL view.jpg

Hmmm, that doesn't look like upper floor or lake side! :laughing: I'm on the 2nd floor. At least it's not 1st floor. I would have asked for a different room if it was. It could be a good news or bad news situation. The good news is I'm the first room in this section so no other rooms attach to my bedroom. I'm hoping that means it's nice & quiet because I've just come from 2 not very quiet rooms. The bad news might be all I'll hear is people going up & down the walkway & luggage carts rolling by. :crazy2: I'll report back on how it is.

Spent Fri. night at AKL club level. Made no room requests & got a savannah view studio. Yay! Not a single animal on that savannah. Boo! :sad2: Room was so noisy from the open lobby. Didn't sleep well at all. The lounge was nice though.

Last night I was at the Dolphin. Another noisy room. There was a weird noise coming from outside I think. It almost sounded like the Friendship boat engines or an elevator motor. I was looking out at the boat dock but no boats were in service overnight & I was nowhere near an elevator. Sigh. It went on all night. I'm praying I have some peaceful sleep here. It stinks being a light sleeper.

Got my first look inside the gates of the new pool. What is up with that crane thingy? It's an eye sore. Pool seems nice enough but not very many chairs with shade. Hot tub looks nice. I may have to take advantage of that. Not something I normally do but this is a chill trip so I might pop down. I haven't been to a park yet. It's been very crowded with Feb. school break crowds & the marathon. I'm hoping those folks will all be gone tomorrow. I think I have AK FPs. I suppose I should check. :laughing:

All in all it's very good to be home. I've missed staying here.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter