Volcano Bay at full capacity when staying onsite?

Laura_Dee_

Earning My Ears
Hoping someone can answer this question for me. If we are staying at one of Universal’s on-site hotels are we guaranteed admission to Volcano Bay even if it reaches full capacity before we arrive at the park that day?I’ve heard conflicting reports on this and was wondering if anyone knows for sure. We will be there in June and I’m sure that is a busy time for the park. Thanks in advance for any replies :)

No guaranteed admission if at full capacity, but you can get an hour of early admission. Also, later in the day the park slows down.

I concur with chs27. Also if its a busy time of year don't plan on leaving midday and returning because both days we went to Volcano Bay it was closed due to capacity and there were clear signs that if you left you would not be able to return.

Definitely take advantage of the early hour, it is absolutely necessary to get good seats. VB was a highlight of our trip, we actually went twice during our weeklong trip.

According to Universal guest services you are guaranteed to get into Volcano Bay if you are staying onsite. As long as you use the hotel transportation.

Hi I have been twice in June and stayed at Cabana Bay specifically for VB. One of those times we had a cabana. I can tell you from my personal experience that on the day we had the cabana we could leave and come back even if it was at capacity. However, on the other days I did not we were told if we leave and it is at capacity we couldn't get back in. We always went for early entry and it was awesome. Also, the last two hours the park is open is usually slow. In June the hours will change at some point to be open to 9.

It's interesting that different people have different experiences and are told different things. I can't tell you how many times me and my DH would ask the same thing to different employees on a day and get different answers. Honestly, I would ask specifically at VB what the rules for capacity are.

We love VB it is an amazing water park.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter