Volcanic Vertical Slide is down - no notice

My kids would have been super bummed as well ... and I would have been irritated. You don't go to Aulani because it's a water park, but the slides are heavily featured in promotional material and big selling point for families with kids, so you would expect them to be operational. It costs a fortune to get to Aulani and then it costs a fortune to stay there ... to have one of two slides closed would be a bummer and you have every right to be disappointed. Especially since there was no notice!

As of the 14th it switches - the float slides goes out for repairs and the volcano tube reopens. At least that’s what they told us at check in last night.

Yeah, that's what the slide operator told me on Saturday morning. The tube slide was running but they weren't letting anyone on it. Just missed it.

There are no private beaches in Hawaii, but the lagoons do have a secluded feel. Also, if someone is really into waterslides, Wet 'n' Wild is close by.
You're correct. There is a public walkway to the beach between Aulani and the 4 Seasons. There are public restrooms on the walkway between Aulaani and the lot where Atlantis is going.

My kids would have been super bummed as well ... and I would have been irritated. You don't go to Aulani because it's a water park, but the slides are heavily featured in promotional material and big selling point for families with kids, so you would expect them to be operational. It costs a fortune to get to Aulani and then it costs a fortune to stay there ... to have one of two slides closed would be a bummer and you have every right to be disappointed. Especially since there was no notice!
Pools need maintenance. Someone is going to have the pool closed when they get there. At least the other slide is open even is there is a line. When we went there was always a line.

Oh man! I see why you would be disappointed....Aulani is not cheap! Glad the kids handled it well! When we were there the Menhune bridge was closed almost the entire time we were there...my kids were bummed too. Hope you had a wonderful trip. =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter