Volcanic Vertical Slide is down - no notice

GatorChris

Not of This World
Not too pleased. You spend a fortune to do Aulani, and all the kids can talk about are all the slides. So I get here and find the Volcanic Slide is down and the other slide is obviously lined up because of it.

I called and they said they do this each year this time. Really nice how Aulani didn’t share any of that info online. I know I should be way more calm for a Hawaii visit, but after a day flying and then driving through Honolulu, I needed some happiness. To be greeted with that....kids are gonna be upset. I’m sure the rest of the week will bring fun. But you pay a fortune to get highest value. I could’ve stayed at Honua Kai in Maui, which has a water slide and lazy river on a FAR superior island, for half the price.. Just disappointed...and needed to vent. Rant over.

I leave this here so you know to call before hand. Unlike me.

lol. Never would have thought someone would get so bent out of shape about a water slide. If you really wanted to go on a water slide you could have just went to a water park at home

yeah i was going to say something earlier, but i didn't want to come off as rude. aluani has more to offer than a few waterslides lmao. you are literally on an beautiful island with a private beach.

yeah i was going to say something earlier, but i didn't want to come off as rude. aluani has more to offer than a few waterslides lmao. you are literally on an beautiful island with a private beach.
There are no private beaches in Hawaii, but the lagoons do have a secluded feel. Also, if someone is really into waterslides, Wet 'n' Wild is close by.

Any word when it will reopen? Will the other slide close then? We arrive Monday.

The side is supposed to open 5/13. It was only supposed to close for a few days. They had issues. I saw CMs assembling a new in the box power washer

There are no private beaches in Hawaii, but the lagoons do have a secluded feel. Also, if someone is really into waterslides, Wet 'n' Wild is close by.

aluani literally owns their own beach so it's private from the general public lol (or so i've been told)

Not too pleased. You spend a fortune to do Aulani, and all the kids can talk about are all the slides. So I get here and find the Volcanic Slide is down and the other slide is obviously lined up because of it.

I called and they said they do this each year this time. Really nice how Aulani didn’t share any of that info online. I know I should be way more calm for a Hawaii visit, but after a day flying and then driving through Honolulu, I needed some happiness. To be greeted with that....kids are gonna be upset. I’m sure the rest of the week will bring fun. But you pay a fortune to get highest value. I could’ve stayed at Honua Kai in Maui, which has a water slide and lazy river on a FAR superior island, for half the price.. Just disappointed...and needed to vent. Rant over.

I'm sorry to hear that. It would be so disappointing for us, too, as my son really loves waterslides and those are a big part of the appeal & the promotion of Aulani. Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm also sorry about some of the nasty replies you've received. Some people just need to get a life.

aluani literally owns their own beach so it's private from the general public lol (or so i've been told)

Nope, totally incorrect! It is publicly owned that’s why it’s (a) shared with Four Seasons and (b) the locals come and swim there as well. The beach area is sort of sectioned into 3 areas - one in front of Four Seasons, one in front of Aulani then a third area down where there was a Chapel that has since been closed.

Once the Atlantis Resort is built next door there will be traffic from them using the lagoon as well as the other one fronting the Beach Villas.

I posted about the slide closure here https://www.disboards.com/threads/slide-and-pool-closures-at-the-moment.3680592/

I have kids too as does everybody at the resort, but you just have to explain it to them in the right way. It’s only a big problem if you allow it to be, there is still an absolute ton to do. It’s a bit like going to the parks - with everything that has to be maintained it would be silly to expect absolutely everything to be open. I hope you can get past it and enjoy your vacation.

I can understand being disappointed about it, but don't let it ruin your trip. I'm not sure it's accurate they close it this year every time. But even if they had posted it online or sent out a notice within the last few months, would that have caused you to change your trip dates? We booked our trip 10 months in advance so whatever was going to happen would just have to happen. Its unfortunate, but even with notice, it likely wouldn't have changed anything. Hope you still have an enjoyable time!

Is the volcanic slide the one that goes into the main pool, or the one that you ride a tube into the lazy river? I keep getting them confused!

Also OP...I don't think the kids will be upset. There is still another slide, the lazy river, the pools/hot tubs, the beach...I think they'll be too busy running from pool to beach they probably won't care too much :)

Is the volcanic slide the one that goes into the main pool, or the one that you ride a tube into the lazy river? I keep getting them confused!

Also OP...I don't think the kids will be upset. There is still another slide, the lazy river, the pools/hot tubs, the beach...I think they'll be too busy running from pool to beach they probably won't care too much :)
It is the one that goes into the main pool, not the tube ride. We arrive in 2 weeks and I thought for sure I received a notice from Aulani about the closure, but since it should be back open I didn't pay much attention to it. Hopefully you still enjoy your visit!

They were a bit upset. But not too bad. We ended up getting passes to the rainbow reef to make up for it. Cost me some cash, but they thought it was fun. Well, not the 6yo. She was scared to death.

But it’s been fun so far. Get to watch the Luau for free each night. The ocean is great, though colder than I remember in Hawaii. And already got sun burnt! .... Did Pearl today....and got some perspective.

They were a bit upset. But not too bad. We ended up getting passes to the rainbow reef to make up for it. Cost me some cash, but they thought it was fun. Well, not the 6yo. She was scared to death.

But it’s been fun so far. Get to watch the Luau for free each night. The ocean is great, though colder than I remember in Hawaii. And already got sun burnt! .... Did Pearl today....and got some perspective.
Glad you're enjoying it. It's hard to swallow when you pay SO much and some amenities aren't available. Don't forget to have Dole Whips and Mickey pretzels!!

Glad you're enjoying it. It's hard to swallow when you pay SO much and some amenities aren't available. Don't forget to have Dole Whips and Mickey pretzels!!

I had a swirl dole whip. It was great! Wish DL would offer the swirl version.

As of the 14th it switches - the float slides goes out for repairs and the volcano tube reopens. At least that’s what they told us at check in last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter