Visiting in February or March

dtp1987

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are debating about visiting both parks in February or March of next year for our 5th anniversary. Is that generally a busy time of year? How will we know what to predict planning far our for a few days, as far as crowd calendar?

I'm thinking booking a Monday - Thursday. Any other tips? How busy will it be? I know it'll be cold. Thanks guys!!!

I'm not sure if you've seen this years crowd calendar, but that can give you a rough idea as to what to expect next year: http://tdrnavi.jp/forecast/disneyland?lang=en

It's what I'm planning my trip using and I did a similar year out strategy for my WDW trip too.

Nice.. Ok so maybe I should wait until April even though thats a couple months after our anniversary. Don't want to have to deal with crazy crowds and crazy frigid weather.

I would definitely do the same. Watch out for the last week of April 2016 though, it's the beginning of Golden Week and nearly all of Japan is off work as there's four public holidays in a row, though I'm guessing you'd be going early April anyway.
Disney Tourist Blog has some great touring plans for Tokyo (and some beautiful photos too). I'd take a look at that too.

I just got back from TDR and went Feb 18-19 (Wed-Thurs, although Thurs was the lunar new year, so some visitors probably had the week off). I didn't think crowds were that bad, but I had nothing to compare it to and was expecting the worst. The two crowd calendars I looked at seemed to have conflicting views on the crowd levels for those days. However, I think that because February is a lower crowd time, some rides were under maintenance (although it seems because they do regular maintenance, this can happen at almost any time of year). But for instance, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Haunted Mansion, and the Little Mermaid show were down. Autopia was either just coming back from maintenance or about to go offline, I forget.

I came from a cold climate (New England US) and didn't think the weather was as bad as people made it out to be, but it can get windy. I was fine wearing several layers, although it can get cold if it's rainy or at night. In those cases I used disposable back and hand warmers for extra warmth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter