Visiting All Three Disney Asia Parks - Best Times to Visit

aschwarz

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

My husband and I are trying to check all the Disney parks off our bucket list before we have kids and don't easily have the time/financial freedom to be traveling across the world on a whim, so we're planning for Asia.

We visited Tokyo/DLR in September 2016, falling in love with Japan and Disney, so naturally we're dying to go back. We spent much of our time at TLDR with only two days of sightseeing in Tokyo, and would ideally just drop by the parks for two days or so, but still allotting time for more sightseeing in Tokyo or nearby, as well as the adjacent cities near SDL and HKDL.

There's so much amazing info out there, but the logistics of planning a trip like this has me in a tizzy. Since we are flexible on times of the year and an itinerary, I'm wondering what you all think are the best times to do this when a.) crowds are *reasonable* (Tokyo in early September was FABULOUS by way of crowds!) and b.) weather is *reasonable* (neither of us do well in extreme heat, and I think the early September heat unfortunately put a damper on our energy levels the entire trip. However, we also just did Disneyland Paris in December, and it was SO COLD we also had a hard time fully enjoying it.)

So if anyone has any insight into times when crowds are reasonable and so is the weather at all three parks, I'd really appreciate it! I think I've narrowed it down to either October or November of 2018, or mid-April or mid-May 2019, but totally open!

THANK YOU!!! :)

I’d lean more toward April. Hit Hong Kong first then Shanghai, and finish with Tokyo. We went to Hong Kong in early May and it was already pretty hot. You could go in October or November and do Hong Kong last, but that might be a little anti-climatic.

Last edited:
I’d lean more toward April. Hit Hong Kong first then Shanghai, and finish with Tokyo. We went to Hong Kong in early May and it was already pretty hot. You could go in October or November and do Hong Kong last, but that might be a little anti-climatic.
Is Tokyo also hot in mid May? We are planning on going next year, but could change to April if we need to. I thought it would be less busy in May.

Is Tokyo also hot in mid May? We are planning on going next year, but could change to April if we need to. I thought it would be less busy in May.
It wasn’t when we were there. Rained one day. The trouble with doing all three Asian parks in one trip is Hong Kong tends to be hot when Tokyo is nice, and Tokyo tends to be cold when Hong Kong is nice.

It wasn’t when we were there. Rained one day. The trouble with doing all three Asian parks in one trip is Hong Kong tends to be hot when Tokyo is nice, and Tokyo tends to be cold when Hong Kong is nice.
Okay that makes sense. Thanks! We are only doing Japan during our trip.

Thanks so much for this info! I'm not terribly worried about ending with HK and having it be anticlimactic since we already know how amazing Tokyo is and that nothing can really compare. After sweltering to death though, in September, before nearly freezing to death in DLP in December, we care so much more about being as comfortable as can be, temps-wise. Thank you for the fab advice!!

I would choose spring days vs. November. Not sure on October, but we were in China/Japan in November 2016 and it was unbelievably cold... We are from southern California and it was colder than we had anticipated, especially with the winds in TDR. If you go in spring, make sure you avoid golden week.

Have fun!

WOW! Thanks so much for all this info! I am dying to hit the parks in the Asia THIS YEAR since we have already hit Anaheim, Orlando, and Paris since January. I want all castles in ONE YEAR!
I have been trying to figure out what is best and you have all given great advice.
Thanks

WOW! Thanks so much for all this info! I am dying to hit the parks in the Asia THIS YEAR since we have already hit Anaheim, Orlando, and Paris since January. I want all castles in ONE YEAR!

The castle in HK is currently completely covered up by scaffolding and I imagine will be that way for the rest of the year. Tokyo's castle is also going under minor renovations toward the end of this year. So all parks is doable rigtht now but all castles is not.

We went to Hong Kong (& Tokyo) in May back in 2014, the weather is a little hit and miss but to be honest I'd rather have that than having to deal with the Golden Week crowds in October. You will probably get 50/50 sunshine which isn't too bad!

The castle in HK is currently completely covered up by scaffolding and I imagine will be that way for the rest of the year. Tokyo's castle is also going under minor renovations toward the end of this year. So all parks is doable rigtht now but all castles is not.
We have officially booked for mid to end of November and I am quite disappointed about the HK castle situation. I really hope we can get at least, like, one photo where it looks like a castle. I doubt we'll ever be back otherwise! :(

Tdrexplorer is very good. They specialize in Tokyo but they have good knowledge on HK and Shanghai as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter