Visit Disney World in 2020 or 2021???

Visit in 2020 or 2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JaycenDisney

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!!!
I’m a huge fan of Walt Disney World since my first visit in 2010, and my future wife has never been. She would love to go there for the first time on our honeymoon but we can’t right now because we have a 3 week old girl that we need to take care of first. I was looking into going either in 2020 which is just after Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and just before the 50th anniversary of Magic Kingdom, but am tempted to go in 2021 with the 50th anniversary celebrations (my last visit was in 2011 with the 40th and I had a great time) What are your thoughts???

I would definitely do the anniversary celebration in 2021. Your little one will also be older and will appreciate it more.

Thanks Tinker_Belle!!! I’m really into the anniversary idea, but I’m worried the crowds would be too much which is why I had thought 2020 being between the release of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and the 50th anniversary celebration of Magic Kingdom the following year

I'm worried about the crowds as well, which is why I'm postponing my next trip until 2022 or 2023. I think it's best to give huge projects/expansions about a year to cool down, so to speak.

We go every year - one of the reasons we became DVC members - but we have a fair number of family events coming up next year involving travel and I was thinking about perhaps taking a year off and saving up our DVC points for the anniversary year. Vacation days only stretch so far after all. :rolleyes: This has so far not gone over well (no surprise there!). So we’ll maybe take a shorter trip or since we’ll be in California, we’ll get our Disney fix while there. My resolve in denying myself a WDW trip is pretty poor though, so never say never! :blush:

Last edited:
We are also DVC owners and go every year but I would still go 2021 for the Anniversary! It will be busy but also fun!

I'm going for the 50th. My 40th birthday is just a few days before so it seems kind of fitting.

Anniversary year for sure. It will give some time for the Star Wars hub bub to calm down. I think those 1st few months are going to be super crowded. I'm looking forward to Star Wars opening but not to stand in line for hours on end.

I'm thinking 2022 or 2023 myself. The new stuff will be done by 2021 in time for the anniversary. Although if one goes in 2022, one might still be able to catch the anniversary items too (I think it'll be like Disneyland's 2-years of a million dreams)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter