Virgin Luggage Weight Help

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
Help! Now packing to come home and our cases are a tad heavy... I know virgins official weight limit is 23kg per case, but I know when we were checking in before I was told there is an “unofficial” limit that they don’t worry about - anyone remember whether it’s 24 or 25kg?!

Thank you!

I don't know I'm afraid but I have been and not have my cases weighed in the past! Sod's law they'll pull you. Any chance of moving it to hand luggage?

I think they will “allow” up to 24kg but it all depends on the person checking you in and also whether or not it’s a “heavy” flight.

I think they will “allow” up to 24kg but it all depends on the person checking you in and also whether or not it’s a “heavy” flight.
I once had such lenience when I flew Norwegian back to Edinburgh from Stewart after my NYC holiday, despite the aircraft being a Boeing 737 MAX 8, so a lot smaller than the 747s Virgin regularly flies to Orlando, and the allowance was a lot lighter too, being at 20kg. I cusped it and yet I didn't get charged extra, despite having went crazy in the Disney Store in Times Square, and in fact I had to carry the rest of my shopping in the cabin!

When I go in March, I have a feeling that Virgin's limit is going to work in my favour, unlike Norwegian's, where I was very nearly going to be charged extra for just being 1kg over.

Help! Now packing to come home and our cases are a tad heavy... I know virgins official weight limit is 23kg per case, but I know when we were checking in before I was told there is an “unofficial” limit that they don’t worry about - anyone remember whether it’s 24 or 25kg?!

Thank you!
Just had our Virgin holiday to WDW and the weight limit as per their paperwork is 23Kg (50lbs). If you are in Premium Economy then you can take two bags per person at this weight. Hope this helps.

Exactly - the official limit is 23Kg so you are taking a risk if you are over that - just needs a check-in person having a bad day to cost you extra!

At Gatwick they don't really care, but at Disney Springs Check in and at MCO, they are really ontop of handing out those excess charges in my experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter