Villains After Hours at MK - Discounted tickets for non-members

ray3127

Life goal = Quarterly vacation
We will be at MK in April with many extended family members (non-DVC). Two want to attend the Disney Villains After Hours at MK ... I do not, but since I am DVC, I can purchase discounted tickets to the event ($60 savings between the two).

I called MS to ask if I can purchase the tickets for others to use, and they said only if I attend the event as well. I'm not convinced, so I came to the DIS.

The fine print on the website says this: "Item(s) are priced for Disney Vacation Club Members only. For these items, you must show a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership ID at the park entrance to pick up your tickets or passes."

So can't I pick them up, give them to my sister & her fiance, and then they can use them? Or will they check for ID at the actual turnstiles since the tickets are discounted? I'll be there at MK that day/night, so I have no problem picking them up.

I also have an AP that allows me to buy discounted tickets to the event as well, if anybody has experience with that.

I bought them for me and my daughter and they just went onto my MDE, once I selected who the tickets were for. I am assuming we will not even get tickets?

I had the same question about the same event. We received Villains tix as Christmas gifts but the family member who purchased them with a blue card will not be with us. When I checked MDE they were assigned correctly but I still called MS to verify. I was told we are fine and wouldn't need to present the blue card at the gate but I still have my doubts from reading other threads.

My only experience is with the Christmas Party tickets. I bought them under the DVC discount; however, I never had to show my Blue Card (in 2019) to get the wristband (nor did my mother who entered independently of me but I bought her ticket). In 2018 I had to show my blue card because I wanted to enter and pickup my wristbands during the DVC early admit time (something I didn't do in 2019). As with anything Disney your mileage varies based on the CM on the frontline on how much they are following any policy in place.

I'm going to the 2/14 party so wouldn't know first hand what happens until then.

Sounds like typical Disney...

I will try buying them and linking them to the appropriate people through MDE. Worst case, I'll be there that night to figure out any issues.

I haven't had an issue getting discounted party tickets and linking them to non-DVC members (and then using them). But I've also never had to show my card, unless I was trying to get in super early

We will be at MK in April with many extended family members (non-DVC). Two want to attend the Disney Villains After Hours at MK ... I do not, but since I am DVC, I can purchase discounted tickets to the event ($60 savings between the two).

I called MS to ask if I can purchase the tickets for others to use, and they said only if I attend the event as well. I'm not convinced, so I came to the DIS.

The fine print on the website says this: "Item(s) are priced for Disney Vacation Club Members only. For these items, you must show a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership ID at the park entrance to pick up your tickets or passes."

So can't I pick them up, give them to my sister & her fiance, and then they can use them? Or will they check for ID at the actual turnstiles since the tickets are discounted? I'll be there at MK that day/night, so I have no problem picking them up.

I also have an AP that allows me to buy discounted tickets to the event as well, if anybody has experience with that.

We purchased for April (but I am going to the event as a DVC member and have a ticket)...the tickets linked directly to MDE when we bought them, and we actually received cards/tickets in the mail a week later. Essentially, there would be no reason for us to have to show our Blue Card to gain entrance, as the tickets are already linked, and we have a hard ticket already in hand.

We purchased for April (but I am going to the event as a DVC member and have a ticket)...the tickets linked directly to MDE when we bought them, and we actually received cards/tickets in the mail a week later. Essentially, there would be no reason for us to have to show our Blue Card to gain entrance, as the tickets are already linked, and we have a hard ticket already in hand.
Thank you for this. I did purchase tickets last night, and assigned them to the appropriate people in MDE as well. I noted they would mail me hard tickets, too, so I assumed all would be fine, as you are confirming.

I wish they would be more clear about things. The verbiage on the website makes it sound like the discount is only for DVC members, and when I called MS the response was that a DVC member had to attend if guests were attending. But it sounds like we will be fine. Thanks again.

Just a quick question... Can a DVC member purchase tickets for Villains Night for someone else? I am going in February and know a DVC member. Just wondering if they can purchase the tickets and then give them to me and my sister in law (it's her father who is the DVC member) to use. Do they have to be with us to be able to use them, or can we use them without him? Hope that makes sense :thanks:

Just a quick question... Can a DVC member purchase tickets for Villains Night for someone else? I am going in February and know a DVC member. Just wondering if they can purchase the tickets and then give them to me and my sister in law (it's her father who is the DVC member) to use. Do they have to be with us to be able to use them, or can we use them without him? Hope that makes sense :thanks:
That was basically my initial question. Member Services told me that I had to attend, but throughout this thread it sounds like that isn't the case. Others have purchased tickets, assigned them to non-DVC members in MDE, and actually received physical tickets in the mail for the event (myself included). So unless they are checking for Blue DVC Cards & photo IDs when you scan into the event, it would seem like DVC members can purchase tickets for non-members.

That was basically my initial question. Member Services told me that I had to attend, but throughout this thread it sounds like that isn't the case. Others have purchased tickets, assigned them to non-DVC members in MDE, and actually received physical tickets in the mail for the event (myself included). So unless they are checking for Blue DVC Cards & photo IDs when you scan into the event, it would seem like DVC members can purchase tickets for non-members.
You don't have to attend. You will get confirmation numbers that you can link to anyone in your MDE. You will also get cards via FedEx that can be used for entry or you can use your MB. Once in they will put a bracelet on you indicating that you are part of the event.

You don't have to attend. You will get confirmation numbers that you can link to anyone in your MDE. You will also get cards via FedEx that can be used for entry or you can use your MB. Once in they will put a bracelet on you indicating that you are part of the event.

So, just to clarify, unlike Moonlight Magic events, where the DVC member had to go and check in, these paid events can be given as a gift to others, even if the DVC member will not be there during the event?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!