Video Walkthrough of the Stitch Themed Room at the Ambassador Hotel

swooshbear

Mouseketeer
We just got back from Tokyo Disneyland and for our last night, we booked the Stitch Themed Room at the Ambassador Hotel. He's my favorite character and it was cool to see all of the little touches and details in the room. It's also one of the biggest rooms I've ever stayed in while in Japan.

Would you choose the Ambassador over the Hilton?

I have stayed at the Hilton and I think it would all come down to price for me. The Hilton is great, the rooms are huge for Japan standards, and you are still on the resort monorail line.

If I could get a cheaper room at the Ambassador, I would probably go with that because of the extra 15 minutes (makes a huge difference in the morning) and being able to walk to Disney Sea is nice. We actually beat the bus back to the hotel one night, only by about 30 seconds but it was pretty close. Being connected to Ikspiari is also nice, lots of dining options and the Disney store with a great clearance section is fun.

I have stayed at the Hilton and I think it would all come down to price for me. The Hilton is great, the rooms are huge for Japan standards, and you are still on the resort monorail line.

If I could get a cheaper room at the Ambassador, I would probably go with that because of the extra 15 minutes (makes a huge difference in the morning) and being able to walk to Disney Sea is nice. We actually beat the bus back to the hotel one night, only by about 30 seconds but it was pretty close. Being connected to Ikspiari is also nice, lots of dining options and the Disney store with a great clearance section is fun.
What would be considered a cheap price at the ambassador? We are looking at going next May.

What would be considered a cheap price at the ambassador? We are looking at going next May.

I just put in a random search in Google and Hotels.com is showing $278 a night for a standard room next month in May. That's definitely cheaper than our Stitch room, which was $525 for the one night. I think the Ambassador is comparable to a deluxe resort at WDW and probably even a step up from the Disneyland Hotel/Grand Californian at DLR. The level of service is way beyond anything at home, they have a dedicated cast member take you to your room and show you around.

I just put in a random search in Google and Hotels.com is showing $278 a night for a standard room next month in May. That's definitely cheaper than our Stitch room, which was $525 for the one night. I think the Ambassador is comparable to a deluxe resort at WDW and probably even a step up from the Disneyland Hotel/Grand Californian at DLR. The level of service is way beyond anything at home, they have a dedicated cast member take you to your room and show you around.
That seems pretty cheap! They open reservations 6 months out don’t they?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter