Video Ads

dachsie

DIS Veteran
Is there anyway to get rid of the video ads? I keep seeing the same one over and over and over. I've tried reporting it, muting it, quickly changing the page. HELP!!! I hate Johnny Manzeil and am sick of hearing about him!!

Thank you for moving this. I did not see this board but figured there had to be one.

Is there anyway to get rid of the video ads? I keep seeing the same one over and over and over. I've tried reporting it, muting it, quickly changing the page. HELP!!! I hate Johnny Manzeil and am sick of hearing about him!!
Do you have an adblocker? They're marvelous.

I keep hearing the video but can't see where its playing to close it. Drives me nuts.

MJ

I normally turn my adblocker off on sites I visit really often because hey, I want to support the things I like. Just turned it back on for this site because it's become intolerable. Actually looking like I have to update to a better adblocker, even, because I'm still getting obnoxious audio on and off.

Just glancing at this board, it looks like this problem has been reported multiple times without any response from the site runners. This is how people get driven to use adblockers when they otherwise wouldn't, and this is how websites lose ad revenue.

Floyd Mayweather says it's about time he partied with Johnny Manziel because he made a ton of cash gambling on the former Texas A&M superstar over the years. Mayweather was out in LA last night and talked about the huge celeb party at Justin Bieber's Beverly Hills pad earlier this week, where the cops rolled up to handle a noise complaint. "We love the LAPD," Johnny said. Least Floyd could do is buy Johnny a beer, right?

If this site doesn't stop allowing the noisy Floyd Mayweather / Johnny Manzeil ad, I will have to turn my AdBlocker back on. The irony is that on this very page, it's autoplaying twice, one next to the other so that you can't even understand what it's saying. Pretty ineffective and annoying to the consumer.

I've tried reporting the ad again and again via the Google tool, and I bet that's just making it worse.

Last edited:
I have a nearly constant banner ad I can not turn off only on the DIS. I feel strongly that the DIS Technical Team needs to intervene I have an ad blocker. I am close to leaving the DIS after decades here
HELP

I'm having general issues with this site, and I suspect it's because of the video ads. I have no issues with other websites, but this is one is taking up too much memory. It's slowing down so much I can barely post. And I keep getting this message: This webpage is using significant energy. Closing it may improve the responsiveness of your Mac. I like the Disboards and have been reading and posting here for a long time but when I keep getting stuck with the pinwheel of death I have to close the window. Please fix this. I understand you need the ad revenue, but I don't think you want it if it's forcing us to quit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter