Victoria & Albert Solo

kkbutterfly

Mouseketeer
Has anyone enjoyed a solo meal alone at V&A? I’m going to WDW in April for a combination SWHM / Birthday trip and wanted to treat myself for my birthday. My birthday is a difficult time for me so I’m hoping a trip to WDW helps.

Is it incredibly awkward to dine alone there? I’ve gotten better at solo dining but mostly stick to quick service and recently lounges. Not sure if this is too much. I also have the option to go to California grill.

Thanks!

I have not done it solo but if you are still adjusting to solo dining you might find the pace and quiet atmosphere uncomfortable. I would recommend Cali, where there are windows to look out, people to watch, and fireworks. Best wishes.

I have done V&A solo. I didn't find it awkward at all. The food and service were great.

I have only eaten at Victoria and Albert's solo, actually, to the tune of 5 or 6 outings! To me, it's probably the best place to eat alone, actually. It's so sedate, quiet and elegant, you are put into a relaxing trance by the harp playing and if you do the wine pairing (I always do), you are even more relaxed and happy! People at the other tables tend to talk very quietly and are respectful.

And the servers, you get two if you do the wine pairing, are super genial and friendly and over all delightful and talk alot to you, actually, probably the most conversation I have ever had at any restaurant in Disney as they explain all the intricacies of the dishes and the wines and are more than happy to answer questions.

I have eaten at many, many eateries in Disney over the years as I always do solo trips now, as a single guy, from character meals, to fine dining. I love to eat and I prefer to eat in style and comfort at a table. And I have often seen other solo diners. So, don't feel you have to only eat at lounges or bars or quick-eateries. Don't deprive yourself. Have fun!

I've never eaten solo at V&A but I've been there when others have, so it's not uncommon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter