Vero trip report

Scoootch

DIS Veteran
Hey all!

Just back from a week at Vero and it was great! :teeth: We had 1bdrm villa #1443 with a living room ocean view on the 3rd floor in bldng.#14. It has to be by far the best location we've had at VB yet! The living room windows had a head on view of the ocean and our balcony faced the pool and mini-golf course. The walk to the pool was 2 mins. tops. The room was in decent shape. We did have maintenance come tighten up the shower head as it was very loose but every little thing we called maintance or housekeeping for was responded to almost in the immeadiate. (we after checking in ended up requesting little things like a high chair and nighlights and they came right away...I was so impressed!) The pull-out sofa beds could REALLY stand to be replaced with the kinds like they have replaced at OKW....the old ones were feeling the wear and tear and that awful bar but thankfully my 4yr old didn't notice much....and I thankfully was only laying on it to watch TV in the early morning before folding it up :crazy: Other than that though everything was totally up to par ::yes::
Now, onto the resort itself....
... the CM's were great! So friendly and laid back. I have to say, the lifeguards were pretty impressive too. We saw them do some kind of emergency tests on the guards at least twice during the week where they throw in this weighted down towel in the shape of a small child into the pool to see how quickly the lifeguards would notice and respond to save the victim and both times they noticed and dove in within seconds...there was a CM who threw the "victim" in with a stopwatch to time them. It was nice to know they were definetly paying attention ::yes:: They had all kinds of great activities during the entire week we were there. For anyone with smaller kids (my ds is 4 and a half) it was particularly nice. My ds did the un-birthday party,face painting,pool games with a DJ on the weekends were fun,they had bubbles and sidewalk chalk which even my 19mos old dd joined in on. And I have to say the mini-golf was well worth the $5 per person for the length of stay package. We paid $10 for the week ...that gets you 2 clubs and balls and either me or dh could play with him or even a friend (ds met and made several :goodvibes ). If my son wasn't in the pool or on the pirate ship water playground, he was playing mini-golf :flower: They had life jackets and baby boat floats at Eb & Flo's free of charge which was very nice and I was happy that they were constantly checking that the kids playing on the pirateship were within the height restriction. A few times some of the older kids would get on there and get a bit rambunctious kind of running over the little ones...there were lots of toddlers in there so keeping them able to enjoy without being run over was nice. :flower: I didn't mind the occassional older child who just enjoyed and played nice but when the 12yr olds tossing a football and running over the 2yr olds got in on the action I was happy the CM's brought them over to the measurement stick and basically said "sorry boys" IYKWIM ;) The lighthouse waterslide btw was much fun for the adults :banana: and the view from up top is just spectacular!! I went up an took video of the view because it was just so awesome! Pool bar was nice in the afternoons too as well as the famous Green cabin room!:drinking1

Had a massage while there :goodvibes I highly recommend it...worth every penny! :faint: Felt like Jello by the time it was over.

Weather was nice :sunny:with the exception of Wed. and Thurs.:umbrella: but since we had the entire week, it wasn't that big a deal. The day we left this past Sat. was spectacular of course and made it very hard to leave. Fortuneatly for us we got to spend the majority of the day there since we live only 3 hrs away...yay! :cheer2:

Ate at Captain Hirams...to this day my Very favorite resturant ever. I had the stuffed shrimp (shrimp stuffed with crab meat)...terrific as always! :cool1: and we also ate at the Ocean Grill one night...very nice. And did chineese takeout from Bamboo court over by publix on U.S.-1...pretty good as takeout goes ;) We also did the brunch at Sonya's on Sunday morning which was very nice and Shutters for breakfast one day and then the character breakfast...very good as always :)

So all in all a great trip once again! :jumping1:

Any questions, just ask away! ::yes::

Thanks for the trip report. It sounds like you had a great time. We're going for a few days in late August after a week at BCV. I can't wait!

Wow, what a great trip you had!!

We'll have to try Captain Hirams, stuffed shrimp with crabmeat is a favorite!

Bobbi :flower:

In all my trying to remember so many details...I left out a biggie! :crazy: I got to meet Disboard member DisneyPhd and her family!!:teeth: :banana: After being here on the boards for so long, it was so nice to meet up with a fellow Diser in person :goodvibes Believe it or not, we didn't even have to go looking for each other but ran into each other during breakfast at Shutters. We had exchanged pictures beforehand and ended up in the same place by chance. It was so cool!

For anyone on their way to VB in the near future Enjoy! I miss it already :flower:

You are making me "homesick" for Vero big time. Just a few more weeks.

Great trip report. Sounds like you had a really nice time :sunny:

Thanks for the trip report. Next week is our quick trip down there.

One question... Is Sonja's open every night and what nights are the seafood buffet? (OK I think that was actually two questions!)

:sunny: :sunny:

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!! Might go for a Grad gift next may!!

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

What a great report! I can't wait to try Vero Beach. We have some travel credit on SWA that needs to be used by March '06 so I'm trying to figure out how to use it. Would it be too cold to go to Vero Beach in Febuary?

One question... Is Sonja's open every night and what nights are the seafood buffet? (OK I think that was actually two questions!)
Can't quite remember for sure now....think it may be open like 5 nights out of 7?:scratchin It may be every night though. I do know that the seafood buffet is Thurs. nights though and the brunch is on Sundays from 10am to 2pm.

HTH's :wave:

Thanks so much for the report. I thought the staff was really top notch as well!

But....now I really wanna ' go back. Your report brought back my memories of VB. I SOOOOO love it there!!!

Great report - I am really looking forward to visiting this summer :sunny:

On the grounds there, is there some type of gazebo, or somewhere where you could in vision a wedding? And if yes, most importantly, any one of pictures to show this?
Looking into this, for my sister. We liked Pol Island view, think they call is Sunset point, but that area is too small.
Can't wait to try VB out, hopefully soon!

~Kerri

Would it be too cold to go to Vero Beach in Febuary?
Well....it was pretty chilly last week with the wind on the rainy days and even early in the morning. I went to sit on the balcony in my PJ's and came in because I was cold. It's been unseasonable chilly for this time of year these past 2mos though:scratchin. Feb. is usually nice temps for walking around the parks ...can be 60's to high 70's if you're lucky but not so sure I'd want to do Vero that time of year :confused3 but that's me and I like to go in the ocean when it gets REALLY warm like May/June through Oct. Perhaps someone who's been at that time of year could tell you how enjoyable it is. I'd say great for the parks but maybe not for Vero unless you don't mind being chilly at the beach. But again, that's just me.

Kerlynne said:
On the grounds there, is there some type of gazebo, or somewhere where you could in vision a wedding? And if yes, most importantly, any one of pictures to show this?
Looking into this, for my sister. We liked Pol Island view, think they call is Sunset point, but that area is too small.
Can't wait to try VB out, hopefully soon!

~Kerri
Actually, they have a very nice Croquet lawn overlooking the ocean. They do have a gazeebo but it's at the pool...not a setting I'd use for a wedding. They had a wedding going on the day we left. So they do Do weddings at VB :lovestruc They also have a ballroom at the resort "the seagrape room". So they have the facilities for a reception. Here is the resorts direct phone #(772)234-2000 Maybe you could call them direct for info. I'd also suggest going over to the weddings and honeymoons board here on the dis and asking around...maybe someone there will have first hand info. for you.

Best of luck!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter