Vegetarian list, I can't find it...anyone?

jelo

Preparing for our Universally Magical vacation
We are headed to Disney Oct 2019 with one Vegan and two Vegetarians. The Vegan is pretty strict, the two vegetarians are good with eating things that was cooked with meat, just not eating the meat itself(takes pepperoni of pizza etc...)

Last weekend I found a great site that listed Vegan or Vegetarian friendly Disney restaurants. I found a Vegan site last night, but it's not the same one that I found last week, as it concentrated on Vegan.

Does anyone know of a site that lists the vegetarian choices for each park/resorts, that isn't written like a trip report or blog?

I just want a list, so when everyone wants to eat...we can easily decide by who has the most vegetarian friendly. The Vegan is with the other family, and we will meet up here and there, but we are doing our own itinerary...

Thanks for your help, this Mom of two vegetarians appreciates it!!

I don’t know of any specific site. A google search should come up with some.

An alternative is to look at the menus of places you think you might want to eat. I’d have at least 2 restaurants in mind for each park. Most places have non-meat options.

Following because I have a vegetarian too and most lists I find are geared toward vegans. Mine is a teen vegetarian who has refused to eat meat since she was about 7yo. Cant imagine eating an animal so it has nothing to do with health. I just hope she doesn't eat French fries and pizza the whole trip.

I don’t know of any specific site. A google search should come up with some.

An alternative is to look at the menus of places you think you might want to eat. I’d have at least 2 restaurants in mind for each park. Most places have non-meat options.
Google was how I found the site initially, but I can’t find it again

We have a sticky thread above

Yes, I wasn’t finding what I was looking for, and was hoping to find more up to date information.

I know the site exists, I was making a hand written list, and wanted to finish... I should have bookmarked the site

Following because I have a vegetarian too and most lists I find are geared toward vegans. Mine is a teen vegetarian who has refused to eat meat since she was about 7yo. Cant imagine eating an animal so it has nothing to do with health. I just hope she doesn't eat French fries and pizza the whole trip.

Yes every site I find is vegan, my daughters don’t eat meat, but are pretty flexible.
The site I was using listed the restaurant and each menu item that was vegan and each that was vegetarian. It was very user friendly! Other sites are just trip reports, time consuming and dated.

My dd has been a vegetarian since 6 years old. She loved Charlottes web... fell in love with the pig and it started!!

Google was how I found the site initially, but I can’t find it again
I see your found it, but i was going to suggest checking your browser history.
My last 2 quick disney trips were as pescetarians. Both DH and I will eat fish but my daughter is a vegetarian. Key for the strict vegan is to talk to the waiter and ask questions. My DH had an amazing shrimp dish at nine dragons. It wasn't on the menu but the shrimp he ordered was cooked in chicken broth.

For our sticky thread start at the back. It is an older thread but people do post regularly

I would definitely read the sticky here on Disboards; that site you posted is fine, but actually it doesn't hit on most restaurants and when it does it's not giving you the actual options. Eating vegetarian at Disney isn't hard at all esp if one eats eggs and/or milk and/or fish, vegans have a much harder time. Start with the regular menu, but remember you can ask to speak to a chef, there are some restaurants that are known for chefs who really do a good job with vegan requests.

An example of what you can do; I like eggs benedict. At Kona Cafe they have their version called the Samoan. It's served on pulled pork and turkey hash. I usually eat vegan at home most of the time, if not vegetarian, if not I don't eat beef or pork. So, I used to love the Samoan and just asked if I could get it with no pork. The server instantly said sure, they could plate it over their breakfast potatoes instead. Kona is also home to a vegan gluten-free version of their tonga toast with strawberry compote.

In short, do look at the sticky and look at vegandisneyworld.com, and don't be afraid to tell your server what you are looking for, they are used to it.

I've been a vegetarian, and have been going to WDW, for 25 years now, and was vegan for about 3 of those years. As several PP have mentioned, it's tough to rely on information that's even a few months old, because recipes, ingredients, and/or suppliers can change much more frequently than most of us might imagine.

Having said that, over the years I've learned that the best strategy for my family (we're now all vegetarians -- husband for about 10 years and daughter for about 3) is to check out menus online to see which restaurants seem to have multiple vegetarian options, book ADRs at those, and then confirm with the server that individual items are vegetarian once I'm at the restaurant.

Off the top of my head, favorite TS restaurants with abundant vegetarian offerings and/or very accommodating chefs over the years have included:

AK/AKL
Tiffins
Tusker House
Boma
Sanaa

HS (IMHO the worst park for vegetarians)
Mama Melrose (I know there are some negative reviews for this one, but we've always had excellent veg meals here and very accommodating chefs)
Beaches & Cream (not at HS, but a short walking distance/boat ride)

EP (the best park to eat at for vegetarians!!!)
Via Napoli
La Hacienda de San Angel
Biergarten (believe it or not, lol)

MK (IMHO the second worst park for vegetarians)
The Wave (short monorail ride to CR from MK; amazing chefs)
The Plaza
The Grand Floridian Cafe (again, a short monorail ride to the GF from MK)

For counter service restaurants, the offerings here tend to change even more frequently, but some recent favorites include Mr. Kamal's, Satuli Cantina, and Harambe Market at AK; nothing really at HS :(; tons of stuff at Epcot -- Restaurant Marrakech, Sommerfest, Sunshine Seasons, Kringla Bakeri, La Cantina de San Angel, and also the food booths at the festivals (veg choices are always clearly marked); and sadly not much at MK (Columbia Harbor House Cafe for the Lighthouse Sandwich, Pecos Bill's for veggie tacos and bowls, and sometimes Friar's Nook for specialty items).

That's just off the top of my head...and again, I always verify once I'm actually there. Please don't take this list to be all inclusive...I'm sure there are many places that other vegetarians like that just don't suit my personal tastes. But with the exception of Tiffins and Satuli Cantina (which are newer), these places have been favorites of ours for many, many years, and we keep going back year after year because the food is consistently good and the waiters/chefs are consistently knowledgeable, accommodating, and kind. :)

Oh, and for the vegan in your party...I highly recommending tracking down Chef TJ and making an ADR for a date and time he's working, wherever that may be...he is AWESOME! I think I read that he's at Cape May now (or soon will be).

I know I didn't point you to a website that had a list, but you can take what I've posted here and take a look at the menus for each of these places and have your veg party members decide what interests them. :)

HTH!

To add one that may help to reluctant's post above; at DHS they now have Woody's Lunchbox and you can get a vegan, hence vegetarian, order there of vegan totchos, and there's even been some that request vegan grilled cheese there and they can make it. Always make sure to tell the person you are ordering from that you are specifically wanting it made vegan/vegetarian so they can make the substitutions.

I've been a vegetarian, and have been going to WDW, for 25 years now, and was vegan for about 3 of those years. As several PP have mentioned, it's tough to rely on information that's even a few months old, because recipes, ingredients, and/or suppliers can change much more frequently than most of us might imagine.

Having said that, over the years I've learned that the best strategy for my family (we're now all vegetarians -- husband for about 10 years and daughter for about 3) is to check out menus online to see which restaurants seem to have multiple vegetarian options, book ADRs at those, and then confirm with the server that individual items are vegetarian once I'm at the restaurant.

Off the top of my head, favorite TS restaurants with abundant vegetarian offerings and/or very accommodating chefs over the years have included:

AK/AKL
Tiffins
Tusker House
Boma
Sanaa

HS (IMHO the worst park for vegetarians)
Mama Melrose (I know there are some negative reviews for this one, but we've always had excellent veg meals here and very accommodating chefs)
Beaches & Cream (not at HS, but a short walking distance/boat ride)

EP (the best park to eat at for vegetarians!!!)
Via Napoli
La Hacienda de San Angel
Biergarten (believe it or not, lol)

MK (IMHO the second worst park for vegetarians)
The Wave (short monorail ride to CR from MK; amazing chefs)
The Plaza
The Grand Floridian Cafe (again, a short monorail ride to the GF from MK)

For counter service restaurants, the offerings here tend to change even more frequently, but some recent favorites include Mr. Kamal's, Satuli Cantina, and Harambe Market at AK; nothing really at HS :(; tons of stuff at Epcot -- Restaurant Marrakech, Sommerfest, Sunshine Seasons, Kringla Bakeri, La Cantina de San Angel, and also the food booths at the festivals (veg choices are always clearly marked); and sadly not much at MK (Columbia Harbor House Cafe for the Lighthouse Sandwich, Pecos Bill's for veggie tacos and bowls, and sometimes Friar's Nook for specialty items).

That's just off the top of my head...and again, I always verify once I'm actually there. Please don't take this list to be all inclusive...I'm sure there are many places that other vegetarians like that just don't suit my personal tastes. But with the exception of Tiffins and Satuli Cantina (which are newer), these places have been favorites of ours for many, many years, and we keep going back year after year because the food is consistently good and the waiters/chefs are consistently knowledgeable, accommodating, and kind. :)

Oh, and for the vegan in your party...I highly recommending tracking down Chef TJ and making an ADR for a date and time he's working, wherever that may be...he is AWESOME! I think I read that he's at Cape May now (or soon will be).

I know I didn't point you to a website that had a list, but you can take what I've posted here and take a look at the menus for each of these places and have your veg party members decide what interests them. :)

HTH!

Thank you for all your time replying, it was very helpful to this Mom!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter