Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

I would also love to hear! When are you going? We are April.... I’m nervous about our quick and snack options

@babytrees2514 I would be interested as well. With TS, I know they are likely to have vegetarian options. With QS, it isn't always the case, so I'd love to hear about what you find and how good it is.
My DD (the vegetarian) already has her favorites but she doesn't take pictures so I will definitely do that and try more veg. options myself

I would also love to hear! When are you going? We are April.... I’m nervous about our quick and snack options

I will be there April 3rd through the 9th. The only reservations I kept are the Bon Voyage breakfast (DD's favorite characters) and the Be Our Guest lunch. I also splurged before finances took a hit on the dessert party for HEA but I figure with desserts it's fairly easy to stay veg.

I can tell you she thought one of the fried cauliflower options was just "meh" at the Flower and Garden booths. The other option has capers and she "doesn't do capers" so I will definitely be trying that one!! If there are any other places that I can ask her specifically about let me know!!

I’m trying to decide if I should make a reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table. Does anyone know what the vegan options are for breakfast or lunch/dinner?

I’m trying to decide if I should make a reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table. Does anyone know what the vegan options are for breakfast or lunch/dinner?

For dinner, the Vegetable couscous on the menu is vegan. I thought it was very flavorful and good. The appetizer options change frequently, but the night I went, there was a tomato basil soup. I would imagine they would always have or be able to prepare a soup or salad vegan. For dessert, I know they have sorbet. For breakfast, there's nothing vegan on the actual menu, but they can do vegan Mickey waffles and relatives who've gone there have also been offered fruit, breakfast potatoes, or salad to accompany the waffles. You can also order soy milk there with any meal. I think the food options for vegans are much better during lunch/ dinner.

My husband and I just returned from 6 nights at WDW - he's an omni and I'm vegan, we had dlx dining and before I went he was afraid I wouldn't have enough to eat but I have to say I was not hungry for a week.

If anyone is interested I will post reviews and pics from the trip.

My husband and I just returned from 6 nights at WDW - he's an omni and I'm vegan, we had dlx dining and before I went he was afraid I wouldn't have enough to eat but I have to say I was not hungry for a week.

If anyone is interested I will post reviews and pics from the trip.
Yes please! We are a vegan family and will be going to Disney mid-November. I am very concerned after reading all the negative posts about vegan experiences!

As mentioned above DH and I just returned from nights at WDW. The majority of my experiences were very good, however a few were disappointing.

I actually was at a conference at the Orange County Convention Center for several days before DH arrived and had a free afternoon so my colleagues and I headed over to Epcot. We were able to enjoy lunch at Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion and dinner at Biergarten in Germany.

My first meal was the Vegan Korma with Gardein Meatless Chik'n - with Jasmine Rice and cashews at Sunshine Seasons.
I was actually pleasantly surprised with this meal. It was filling and flavorful. It was flavorful, the rice was not overcooked and the Chik'n was not at all rubbery.

IMG_1271.jpg

Unfortunately I did not get a picture at Biergarten however, the vegan selection was rather large. When we were seated I let our server know that I was vegan and she immediately said she would have a chef come speak with me and show me around the buffet. When the chef came out he was friendly and gracious as he showed me what would be appropriate for me to eat, even letting me know why some things that appeared as if they might be vegan were not. Overall the food was very good, I especially liked the roasted potatoes, cabbage salad and green beans. There were no real protein offerings so be aware of that. For dessert they also brought Enjoy Life cookies and candy bars. My server was actually very knowledgeable and let me know that the candy bar contains honey. For those of you that have never had them, the cookies taste exactly like Chips Ahoy.

These are the things listed on the menu that I was able to eat:

Cold Buffet Items May Include: - Gemischter Salat (Mixed Green Salad); Bayrischer Kraut Salat (Bavarian Cabbage Salad); Gurken Salat (Cucumber-Dill Salad); Rote Beete Salat (Pickled Red Beet Salad); Bohnen Salat (Assorted Bean Salad); Tomaten Salat mit Basilikum (Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil); Senfgurken (Mustard Pickles);

Hot Buffet Items May Include: - Roasted Potatoes with fresh Herbs; Green Beans

Dessert: - Fruit, berry compote

Would anybody be interested in a, mainly quick service, vegetarian dining report when I go down next month? I am going to see my kiddo (she is doing the college program) and had high hopes on doing lots of table service but finances took a hit so it will be quick service for the most part. She is veg., I am not but we also both have odd allergies that others might have.
Yes, please. That would be great. Thank you!

My first day with DH was back at Epcot. We did San Angel Inn for Lunch and because DH wanted to eat there it was back to Biergarten for dinner.

San Angel Inn Lunch

The appetizers and drinks here were very good - I did not care for my lunch entree however.

Guacamole
Topped with cilantro, mango, toasted pumpkin seeds, serrano pepper, and onions served with chicharrón and Valentina Sauce

The guacomole is amazing - creamy and full of flavor, however I was not crazy about the vegan chicharrón, I preferred the chips served with the salsa (which was also very good!)

IMG_1354.jpg

Plato Vegetariano
Great Combination of Sauteed Mixed Vegetables (Carrots, Red Bell Pepper, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Green Bell Pepper, Red Onions, Garlic, and Green Onions), Served over a Bed of Flour Tortillas and Black Beans

This was a disappointment for me. I found it rather uninteresting and the taste was rather bland, especially for a Mexican restaurant. All in all, I would not recommend San Angel Inn but rather if you are looking for guac and margaritas stop at Choza de Margarita for the best parts of this meal!

IMG_1356.jpg

Cape May Café Character Breakfast
We have always had a great experience at this restaurant and this was no exception. When I told our server I was vegan he told me he would have the chef come out and the chef did come out within about 3 minutes. The chef was very helpful in walking me through the buffet, he also said he would bring me some vegan Mickey waffles! My choices from the buffet included the breakfast potatoes, roasted cauliflower, tomatoes and brussel sprouts, oatmeal and fresh fruit. The vegetables were all very good, I especially liked the cauliflower. The fruit choices were pineapple, oranges, pink grapefruit, strawberries, watermelon and a cantaloupe and green melon mix. The strawberries looked a little overripe so I skipped them but the rest of the fruit was very good. When the chef brought out the plate with the Mickey Waffles he also brought real maple syrup, earth's best spread and Erin McKenna's donuts 1/2 cinnamon sugar and 1/2 chocolate dipped (I preferred the cinnamon sugar and DH preferred the chocolate dipped). The Mickey waffles were so good that I may or may not have eaten 3 1/2... even though the chef mentioned that he brought out 4 rather than the usual 2 because he thought DH was vegan as well. I would definitely recommend breakfast here if you are in the Epcot area!

IMG_1365.jpg
IMG_1366.jpg

Brown Derby - Disney Studios

Our server here was very good - he was very knowledgeable about the restaurants vegan options. I would highly recommend this restaurant when visiting the studios!

Before the appetizers came out our server brought the bread (sorry I did not get a picture of it) which he said was vegan. He brought DH salted butter (which DH said was very good) and he brought me olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dip the bread (yum!)

IMG_1415.jpg

Our Famous Cobb Salad
Finely Chopped Greens, Turkey Breast, Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Avocado, Chives, Cobb Dressing (with the Turkey Breast, Bacon, Egg and Crumbled Blue Cheese omitted and cucumber added)

While the salad was good, I would not say it was great. The avocado flavor was a little overwhelming (and I like avocado)

IMG_1414.jpg

Vegetarian Pho

Ginger-Lemon Grass Broth, Mushroom and Tofu Spring Rolls, Ginger-Soy Dipping Sauce

I really enjoyed this meal. The Pho had just the right amount of spice and was filling. The spring rolls were also very good, but were a little too sticky. The ginger- soy dipping sauce was really good!

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

We had on our 25th anniversary buttons on so when our server brought our dessert out he also brought us champagne!
My DH had the 3 mini desserts (Warm Berry Cobbler - with creme fraiche and orange blossom honey; Cappuccino Brule - coffee, caramel latte custard and Dark Chocolate Cremeux - apricot marmalade, white chocolate amber ring) and I had raspberry sorbet. My DH loved his dessert, the dark chocolate was his favorite and the sorbet was very good.

IMG_1418.jpg

The trip is coming up this weekend and I am getting a bit nervous. Historically, my vegan friend has had some difficulty finding something at the places we all want to eat so I am hoping since Disney is an incredibly accomodating place this trip won't have that problem! I will definitely come back and let y'all know his impressions of the successful vegan meals he will hopefully have.

Would anybody be interested in a, mainly quick service, vegetarian dining report when I go down next month? I am going to see my kiddo (she is doing the college program) and had high hopes on doing lots of table service but finances took a hit so it will be quick service for the most part. She is veg., I am not but we also both have odd allergies that others might have.
I would love to hear your report!

has anyone tried the cauliflower steak at coral reef? I heard it is a so-so service but thought it would be cool dining for my 6year DD.

We are going the7th ofapril through the15 I'm so excited this will be my 4th time going asavegan have always had the best food.you just have to ask and have it noted on any reservations before going

So I forgot to come back and post a quick report. Vegans, avoid Pinocchio Village Hous. They were out of vegan cheese so they served my friend a truly pathetic looking flatbread with just a thin layer of sauce. It was very sad. I felt guilty eating my more enjoyable, adequately topped flatbread.

However, everywhere else we ate was amazing. He really loved the food at Jiko and California Grill! I didn't try his food but it looked absolutely delicious and he reported 100 percent satisfaction. We also did Wild Africa Trek and he really loved the vegan option there as well. (The non-vegan food is also SO TASTY by the way. I so recommend Wild Africa Trek!)

All in all, a very successful trip dining wise for both me, a meat-eater, and him! It was great!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter