Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Does anyone know if there are any vegetarian entree options at Whispering Canyon Cafe besides the red quinoa cakes? We are headed there for lunch and the quinoa wasn't really thrilling my dd. I suppose she could omit the meats from a salad but that option gets old......

I got the skillet (whatever it's called) and just left off the meat (and maybe the baked beans?). It was still incredibly delicious and filling to chow down on the cornbread, corn, and mashed potatoes. They also gave me green beans and a nice salad (with hard boiled eggs and lots of ingredients, not just a side salad) to go with it.

Would anybody be interested in a, mainly quick service, vegetarian dining report when I go down next month? I am going to see my kiddo (she is doing the college program) and had high hopes on doing lots of table service but finances took a hit so it will be quick service for the most part. She is veg., I am not but we also both have odd allergies that others might have.

I would be interested for sure...I'm researching for a Vegetarian friend who's going for the first time on the QS dining plan.

Does anyone have any (somewhat) recent experience or information on club level vegan options? Specifically at AKL, but I’ll take any insight anyone may have.

Does anyone have any (somewhat) recent experience or information on club level vegan options? Specifically at AKL, but I’ll take any insight anyone may have.

We just stayed AKL CL a few weeks ago, my photo report starts at this post: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-791#post-59092412

Keep scrolling and you'll eventually get to the lounge food offerings.

Loved our stay, for what it's worth, although can't specifically comment from a vegan perspective.

Thanks for the mention @bpx2!

My friend is staying club level at Beach Club in a month, he's vegan and will scout it out. I'll report back- sorry about it not being AKL.

I personally am transitioning to going *mostly* vegan myself, so will be reading this whole thread for info for my next Disney trip!

I'm looking for some recommendations for vegetarian meals at QS in the MK. We'll have two little guys with us so don't want to leave the park at lunch time. I've already got a couple of character meals set up but we had planned on QS for a couple of days. Thanks!

I'm looking for some recommendations for vegetarian meals at QS in the MK. We'll have two little guys with us so don't want to leave the park at lunch time. I've already got a couple of character meals set up but we had planned on QS for a couple of days. Thanks!

We rather like Pecos Bills for nachos/tacos. It's tasty and filling, although the line can get really long sometimes. Chaotic lines at the quick service locations stress me out.
You might want to look at the menu for The Plaza. Comfort food and the veggie burger was plenty big enough to share the last time we ate there. In the end, it didn't cost too much more than a quick service meal. It does take longer, but it's worth it to us for a cool break in the middle of the day. Don't have little ones though. :)

MK is my least favorite park to eat in, unfortunately. Good luck!

Thanks so much--I was afraid that might be the case. We'll have a 3 month old and a 2.5 yo so we're trying to minimize the time waiting for the food. Our two TS meals are both buffets and we figured we can easily eat in shifts and someone can take either of the kids out if they get fussy plus there are more choices for the 2 yo. Eating in a restaurant is sometimes a tricky proposition. :-) DD said she'd pack some sandwiches from the room and we could always live it up with french fries and apple slices! Thanks again!

Thanks so much--I was afraid that might be the case. We'll have a 3 month old and a 2.5 yo so we're trying to minimize the time waiting for the food. Our two TS meals are both buffets and we figured we can easily eat in shifts and someone can take either of the kids out if they get fussy plus there are more choices for the 2 yo. Eating in a restaurant is sometimes a tricky proposition. :-) DD said she'd pack some sandwiches from the room and we could always live it up with french fries and apple slices! Thanks again!

You know, I also just saw a post somewhere the other day about a fruit/cheese/egg picnic-thing at Gaston's. I wish I could remember where. If you're thinking about just some quick finger-food type thing, that might work well for you, if you eat eggs. Pretty sure they have veggies & hummus and apple slices and that sort of thing also. I know some folks don't, but we love the cinnamon roll and LeFou's brew. You'll be right by the Dumbo, Ariel, big-top area which might be a nice place for everyone to eat and people watch, too.

Be Our Guest at lunch is QS and has some vegetarian options: French Onion Soup, Potato Leek Soup, Vegetable Quiche, and Quinoa Salad. It's a little more on the pricier side but has some interesting vegetarian items compared to the usual Pizza/veggie burger options.

You know, I also just saw a post somewhere the other day about a fruit/cheese/egg picnic-thing at Gaston's. I wish I could remember where. If you're thinking about just some quick finger-food type thing, that might work well for you, if you eat eggs. Pretty sure they have veggies & hummus and apple slices and that sort of thing also. I know some folks don't, but we love the cinnamon roll and LeFou's brew. You'll be right by the Dumbo, Ariel, big-top area which might be a nice place for everyone to eat and people watch, too.

Yes, Gaston's has a fruit and cheese picnic platter. I just read about it yesterday in someone on here's dining review. If you look at Gaston's menu, it is listed there. It comes with a croissant, a hard boiled egg, some cheese cubes, a couple of strawberries, and a bunch of grapes. They also have listed as snacks things like apples with caramel, hummus and chips, veggies and dip, and babybel cheese.

Has anyone had a vegan experience at Garden Grill for Breakfast? I read somewhere that they had the fake meats & tofu scramble along with the mickey waffles & fruit & fried potatoes, but I can't find it now & am wondering what they actually have. Also, is it delicious or not worth the money? TIA!!

I like the Biryani at Sanaa, I get it with just veggies (no chicken or shrimp). It is delicious.

Just an FYI, Sci Fi has a new(ish) menu and it has both a vegetarian falafel burger and vegan lettuce cups on it. I had the lettuce cups today and was really pleased! They’re build your own style, on a fairly sizable platter - I’ll attach a pic but unfortunately it is pretty dark (iPhone plus dim restaurant - good camera left back in room.) Lettuce cups, sobe noodle salad, cucumbers, tofu, a few water chestnuts, little piles of shredded carrot & green onions (?) and some sort of sauce. Would recommend!

Attachments

• F7D5770D-75C5-41F6-BC7E-B1820D6D5B04.jpeg
    F7D5770D-75C5-41F6-BC7E-B1820D6D5B04.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 39
Has anyone ever done any of the special Food and Wine Festival meals/parties ( party for the senses or the tequila tasting lunch, etc) as a vegan? What was your experience like?

I have a trip planned in September and will be going to the Food and Wine Festival for the first time. I’m wondering if booking any of the meals when they are announced would be worth it.

Hello! This is really an offshoot of a Dining Review My Girlfriend Emily and I wrote almost a year ago now:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2270539

what started off as a review thread, with Emily and I trying to help out people who have the same dietary restrictions as us (we are vegans who try our best to stay away from High Fructose Corn Syrup and Hydrogenated Oils) traveling approximately the same time we were, grew and grew into a forum where we continued to share our resources and answer questions consistently for nearly a full year (wow!). The thread has now sadly been closed (the moderators got savvy - I imagine since the thread kept being bumped up from people talking on it - review threads are only supposed to be active for 3 months and ours has far exceeded that) but we wanted to create a new thread where we could continue to share our resources and firsthand experience with others looking to try and eat vegan at disney.

The above thread should answer MANY questions on its own, but here are a few more helpful links

First, check out Andrea's dining review threads here on Disboards-
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2180199
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2414111

then check out these great resources-
http://veganindisney.wordpress.com/
http://vegansatori.blogspot.com/
http://bashfulvegan.blogspot.com/
(We contacted both Todd and Kitty from the last two blogs personally, who were both extremely helpful in answering our questions)

Finally, if you've got more questions about something specific we wrote about, feel free to ask it right here and we'll get back to you asap! If you'd prefer to write us a private email, we are good about getting back with those as well.

I know one of the most frustrating things for Emily and I while trying to plan our dining was not getting answers from a lot of people who started threads and abandoned them (and disboards, or whatever website we were looking on). We wanted answers from people who had actually done what we were attempting and they were hard to come by, but we are always here for you :)

-Michael

I am not strictly vegetarian or vegan but I am seeing a new doctor/nutritionist while trying to get off insulin. At the moment no bread, grains including rice, corn, white potatoes, dairy, eggs, soy, tomatoes, shellfish, red meat, bananas, or apples. So far so good as my numbers are much better now. Some of it will be reintroduced farther down the line. I also can't eat scallops, black beans, pinto beans and string beans because I am allergic. I am hoping that this board will help me navigate Disney.

Is bringing lunches an option for your family for MK? We were surprised how nice it was to find a place to sit to eat without having to stand in line or be at a certain place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter