Value vs Deluxe at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House

Just size: value rooms are a a bit smaller.
Also, value room can be savannah, pool or parking lot view and you cannot request a view, it's luck of the draw.

When Disney converted AKL rooms to DVC, some of them ended up being smaller so they made a value category.

:earsboy: Bill

Shortly after the DVC villas opened, I did a split stay between value and deluxe savannah view to see the difference for myself. Virtually no discernible difference. Value studios are about 3 feet shorter, and the bed and sofa are flipped. That is. in the values, the bed is closer to the window.

The views may either be pool or sunset savannah in value studios. If you are lucky enough to get a sunset savannah view in a value studio, IMO, that's the BEST use of points.

Shortly after the DVC villas opened, I did a split stay between value and deluxe savannah view to see the difference for myself. Virtually no discernible difference. Value studios are about 3 feet shorter, and the bed and sofa are flipped. That is. in the values, the bed is closer to the window.

The views may either be pool or sunset savannah in value studios. If you are lucky enough to get a sunset savannah view in a value studio, IMO, that's the BEST use of points.

I have stayed in a parking lot view value studio, so I can confirm that they exist.

IMO value studios are a great deal for 2 people - maybe 3 with a small child - but the value studios get really tight when the sofa is pulled out. YMMV.

DSCN6280.jpg IMG_4024.jpg Isn't there a padded bench added to the furniture in the deluxe studios at AKV?

Edit: Found some photos one in the old decor and not so good view of the bench in the new decor.

Last edited:

I have stayed in a parking lot view value studio, so I can confirm that they exist.

IMO value studios are a great deal for 2 people - maybe 3 with a small child - but the value studios get really tight when the sofa is pulled out. YMMV.

IMO All studios get really tight when the sofa is pulled out.

I stayed in a 1 bd in CCV and it was smaller than the previous 1bd I had stayed in. They need to put them into a value category too.

I stayed in a 1 bd in CCV and it was smaller than the previous 1bd I had stayed in. They need to put them into a value category too.

Copper Creeks villas are still larger than the value villas at AKV. CCV 1BR 675 SF and AKV value 629 SF. And they will never be converted to value rooms. The total points for the resort are set for the 50+ years. If they lower the points for 1BRs per night one of the other villas types have to go up.

Copper Creeks villas are still larger than the value villas at AKV. CCV 1BR 675 SF and AKV value 629 SF. And they will never be converted to value rooms. The total points for the resort are set for the 50+ years. If they lower the 1BRs per night one of the villas types have to go up.
46sf is not a whole lot but at least on paper they are larger.

46sf is not a whole lot but at least on paper they are larger.

No but another 3.5 feet in a 12' wide studio is appreciated. It is similar to the difference between a value and deluxe studio at Jambo House. Having stayed in both, I prefer the larger studio. But then we spend time in our studio as our trips are not just park vacations.

When staying in a one bedroom we always get value. No reason to spend the extra points when it's spacious already. The value studios are very small and only good for 2 people and maybe a young child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!