Use year question

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
I have a March use year. If I wanted to book a 2019 July vacation what points would be available to me with banking and borrowing? Thanks, new to DVC and dont know all the ins and outs yet

You can bank all of your 2018 points, by 10/31/18, then use them all, plus your 2019 points, and then also borrow your 2020 points.

The easiest way for me is to first figure out what UY my trip will happen. Then I know I can used banked points from the UY prior to the trip, points from the UY of the trip, and borrow points from the UY after the trip. So, your July 2019 trip falls in your 2019 UY. That means you can used banked 2018 points, 2019 points, and borrow 2020 points if needed!

Points need to be banked during the first 8 months of your UY. Your UY is not a calendar year. Points need to be available during the dates of your stay, not when you make the reservation. Banking moves points one UY forward, borrowing moves points one UY back. Banking and borrowing are final transactions and can not be reversed.

:earsboy: Bill

A March UY runs from 3/1 to 2/28 (or 29) of the following year. So your 2019 UY is from 3/1/19 thru 2/29/20. That places a July 2019 stay in your 2019 UY. You could bank your 2018 points (normally good for stays from 3/1/18-2/28/19) into your 2019 UY and use them too for that stay or you will be able to borrow from your 2020 UY.

I'm finding logging in to the DVC portal to be the easiest way to track and understand my points, use year, what I have available for booking. Much easier than prior to their current system!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter