Upgrading tickets question

Had a friend just add two days to the old Canadian Special tickets by phone. However, when we were there a few weeks ago, they wouldn't add a parkhopper onto ours at the Canadian Special price.

Gotta wonder why there are so many inconsistencies.

How much did they charge to add the 2 days?

I didn't realize the whole upgrade debacle/discount/pricing would happen when I was down 2 weeks ago. All I wanted to do was add a day to our 5-day Canadian discounted tickets and they wanted $185US. For the day. Each. Ouch.
I guess I should have investigated this more before I bought the tickets.

That was exactly my problem with one of my tickets. I needed a day plus park hopper.

I guess when buying the Canadian tickets be sure to purchase exactly what you need at the time!

That was exactly my problem with one of my tickets. I needed a day plus park hopper.

I guess when buying the Canadian tickets be sure to purchase exactly what you need at the time!

That's true unless you are using Air Miles where there aren't any options.

Ugh leaving Tues and still don’t know what to do. Ask to have them upgrade my Canadian Voucher to AP and take the chance they won’t or just buy an AP.

Ask to have them upgrade my Canadian Voucher to AP and take the chance they won’t or just buy an AP.
I am certainly going to ASK FIRST when I go in January, and you should too. Go in with all the confidence in the world, that upgrade should happen-they currently have a Canadian Deal on!
Let us know how it goes, but don't give up without a 'fight"!

Ugh leaving Tues and still don’t know what to do. Ask to have them upgrade my Canadian Voucher to AP and take the chance they won’t or just buy an AP.

I think you'll be able to upgrade your Cdn Resident tickets. I know that Days In the Sun had some trouble with this recently, but that's the only report I've seen. Many, many people have upgraded these tickets without issue, and even in that recent case there was a different answer given the very next day. In the off chance that you do run into trouble, I'd just try somewhere else.

That said, the bigger question is whether it is advantageous for you to upgrade the Canadian Resident ticket. Unless you are very lucky, you *will* lose the discount on the upgrade. If you know you will use the ticket sometime in the future, and you don't mind having the $$ tied up in the meantime, your best bet for an AP upgrade is to buy a heavily discounted ticket from some place like Undercover Tourist. Those tickets are discounted by the retailer, not by Disney, so they will be price-bridged on an upgrade, and you will save the discount. Then you can use your cheap(er) Canadian Resident ticket some other time.

eg. Today you can buy an adult 5-day park hopper from Undercover Tourist for $427.95. That ticket should be worth $473.93 on upgrade, so you save $46. It's not huge on an AP that costs several hundred dollars, but it's the best deal going for APs.

Of course if you got your Canadian Resident ticket "free" from Air Miles and just want to cash it in for whatever its worth, that's a pretty good deal too! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts