Upgrading a ticket

J'aime Paris

Living happily ever after
I know normally it is possible to upgrade a ticket to an annual pass. Just wanted to check if its possible with the ticket I purchased through Undercover Tourist.

I bought a 3 park 2 day (plus 2 days free promo) park to park access ticket.
It has an expiration date of May 31, 2019. We will be using it in March.

Am I able to upgrade??

Any info is appreciated!!

You can definitely upgrade.
You won't know what they will credit you until you get there though. I've seen people get full gate credit (say in your case for a 4 day ticket) and others just credited a 2 day.

Does your ticket say promo on the back?

You have a 3 park ticket

If you upgrade to one of the ap, are you planning to keep it at the 3 day parks?

You can definitely upgrade.
You won't know what they will credit you until you get there though. I've seen people get full gate credit (say in your case for a 4 day ticket) and others just credited a 2 day.

Does your ticket say promo on the back?
Yes, it is a promo ticket
Will that make a difference?

"3-Park 4-Day PTP Promo Adult SC" is exactly how it's displayed on the back of the ticket.

Last edited:

You have a 3 park ticket

If you upgrade to one of the ap, are you planning to keep it at the 3 day parks?
Not 100% sure. Would I have a choice?
I could buy a single use Volcano Bay ticket, and have only a 2 park AP.
I guess I should check the pricing between a 2 park and 3 park AP

I phoned Universal twice.
The first call was to ticketing. I explained that I had a promo tix from UC. The agent said it was able to be upgraded to an AP.
Second call was to reservations. I explained that I wanted to book an AP rate for hotel, but needed to be able to upgrade my 3rd party ticket. After a brief hold, the TM said that I could upgrade the ticket and book as an AP rate.

I will upgrade to the AP upon arrival, which is during the extra 3/6 month AP extension promo. Yay!
Plus, booking the AP rate saved me more than $450 on my hotel ressie. Yay!
And even with the ticket upgrade cost (not 100% on the value they will assess), it will still be in my favor!

Fingers crossed it will all work out!!

Sounds like you are all set

It’s good you called and have the correct info

Saving over $450 on the room booking is fantastic!

I phoned Universal twice.
The first call was to ticketing. I explained that I had a promo tix from UC. The agent said it was able to be upgraded to an AP.
Second call was to reservations. I explained that I wanted to book an AP rate for hotel, but needed to be able to upgrade my 3rd party ticket. After a brief hold, the TM said that I could upgrade the ticket and book as an AP rate.

I will upgrade to the AP upon arrival, which is during the extra 3/6 month AP extension promo. Yay!
Plus, booking the AP rate saved me more than $450 on my hotel ressie. Yay!
And even with the ticket upgrade cost (not 100% on the value they will assess), it will still be in my favor!

Fingers crossed it will all work out!!

You can definitely upgrade. Just remember that you will be credited the amount of the same ticket as sold on the Universal website. So if this is a buy 2 day get 4 day promo that is also sold on the Universal website, that is the price that you will be credited with for your upgade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!