• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrade Request

VW31

Mouseketeer
Is it in "poor taste" to request on your reservation that you would like to be upgraded if there is no charge for it?
Will stating that hinder your chances for being upgraded?
Or, should you just say upgrade if available?

Thanks.

Definitely wait for check in. Doing it prior can hinder you.

I have on my reservation, "upgrade if available",
so I should take that off?

Question.

If you ask for an upgrade at the desk, do they charge you for it?
And if so, how much?

I mean, I almost think they'd catch on and charge people for the upgrade like rental car places do. You get off the plane, get your car, and they ask, "Would you like an upgrade for $3 more?" Of coarse I say yes.

So how much is it to upgrade from a standard room to Club level? Ha ha, I'm laughing. Did you laugh?

That's the new challenge. Getting from a standard room parking lot view, to Club level with no charge. I'm gonna try for it this year using the entertainment rate, because I'm driving up for the Mummy ride. I'll keep you posted.

Upgrades are normally complimentary, unless you are going to club level. However, on my last trip because of the occasion we did get it comped. I wouldn't necessarily remove the request, but I don't think it's necessary. Some of the clerks get put off by that and then don't do it even if they have it.

I hope you do get upgraded.

Wedding anniversary and my wife's birthday. Talk about putting celebrations together....:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter