With NJ, NY, and Conn on the FL 14 day quarantine list, why would anyone want to spend 14 day in a hotel then go to WDW?

True, but even flights from Los Angeles to Orlando are $31 and Los Angeles is not on the quarantine list. Disneyworld can't expect people to pay thousands of dollars to visit when they have many attractions closed and no fireworks or parades.

Does anyone know if Marriott gift cards be used to purchase their points? I know that Marriott has been offering some awesome deals on purchasing Bonvoy points and, if I could stack the discounts, that would be awesome.
The Marriott points purchase is processed by Points .com and Marriott gift cards are not an accepted method of payment. You'll need a credit/debit card to make the purchase.

I didn't know the answer to this but I did ask GC Galore and @platamama is correct! If you use the link, you'll find the same response.

Thanks @platamama and Stephen at GC Galore! :thumbsup2

True, but even flights from Los Angeles to Orlando are $31 and Los Angeles is not on the quarantine list. Disneyworld can't expect people to pay thousands of dollars to visit when they have many attractions closed and no fireworks or parades.

On the other hand, there's basically no wait for anything. My understanding is 20 min max for rides. Sounds like kinda a fair trade if you like rides.

Very true, cheap fares but the destination still isn't worth the time or price. All dressed up and nowhere to go.

Added Offers ~ 7/22/20

Disney Gift Card Deals
H-E-B: Buy $50 Vanilla Visa Gift Card & Get $10 H-E-B Gift Card Free
Must load digital coupon. Limit 1 per customer. Expires 7/28/20. Link

Kroger: Buy 2x Variable Load Visa Gift Cards and Save $5.95
Limit one coupon per customer. Expires 7/28/20. Link

Publix: Buy $50 Groceries + $50 Visa Gift Card & Save $10 Instantly
Must load digital coupon. Expires 8/12/20. Link

Discount District
Belk:
Hy-Vee: Buy $50 Happy Gift Cards & Earn 20c Off Per Gallon
Expires 8/4/20. Link

Kroger:
  • Save 10% On Select Cincinnati Gift Cards
    • Includes: Skyline Chili, Graeter’s and LaRosa’s Pizzeria
    • Limit 1 coupon per household. Expires 8/18/20. Link
Kroger Online:
  • Buy $75 Bass Pro Shops eGift Cards For $65
    • Limit 1. Expires 8/04/20 or while supplies last. Direct link
  • Buy $100 Cabela’s eGift CardsFor $85
    • Limit 1. Expires 8/04/20 or while supplies last. Direct link
Kroger DP:
  • When buying gift cards Online, note it is processed by Blackhawk Network/GiftCardMall, so they don’t code as grocery store purchases.
  • How Fuel Points Work
Staples Online:
MISC.
Newegg: UPDATE - Offer expires today.

• Buy $50 Adidas Gift Card& Get $15 Adidas Promo Card Free
    • Promo Card Expires 10/31/20. Limit 3 per customer. Expires 7/22/20. Link
512420 EATS
Panera Bread: $5 Off $20+ With Promo Code SUMMERFIVE Details

Does anyone know if Marriott gift cards be used to purchase their points? I know that Marriott has been offering some awesome deals on purchasing Bonvoy points and, if I could stack the discounts, that would be awesome.

The Marriott points purchase is processed by Points .com and Marriott gift cards are not an accepted method of payment. You'll need a credit/debit card to make the purchase.

I didn't know the answer to this but I did ask GC Galore and @platamama is correct! If you use the link, you'll find the same response.

Thanks @platamama and Stephen at GC Galore! :thumbsup2

Thanks for checking on this! I thought that it was probably too good to true, but I was hoping.

I still might take advantage of one or both of these deals. I'd like to do a trip to Disneyland sometime next year (assuming it becomes safe to travel again) and there appear to be several Marriott properties nearby. I already have a bunch of Marriott rewards points so I'm hoping to combine cash and points to make the trip a bit more affordable.

If you're a Costco member, might want to take a look see:

Warehouses
Costco Offers:
  • Buy $100 worth of Select Gift Cards for $69.99
    • Includes: Buca di Beppo and O'Charley's Restaurant & Bar
  • Buy $100 worth of Select Gift Cards for $74.99
    • Includes: Romano's Macaroni Gift Cards and Smashburger
  • Buy $100 worth of Select Gift Cards for $79.99
    • Includes: California Pizza Kitchen, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse, Lucille's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant, P.F. Chang's, Peet's Coffee & Tea, Roy's Restaurant, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
      • Free Shipping. Must have Membership to purchase and see prices. Expiration Unknown. Direct link
Please note, some of the gc offers are buy 2 $50 or 4 $25 multipacks, either way you need to spend $100. :thumbsup2

Added Offers ~ 7/23/20

Disney Gift Card Deals
H-E-B: Buy $50 Vanilla Visa Gift Card & Get $10 H-E-B Gift Card Free
Must load digital coupon. Limit 1 per customer. Expires 7/28/20. Link

Update 7/22/20: Doctor of Credit’s post about this offer mentions that the in-store coupon suggests that any Vanilla Visa gift card can be used for this offer, including variable load cards. Buying a $500 Vanilla Visa gift card is therefore a better option from a rewards-generating perspective.

Discount District
Best Buy: Buy $25 Baby Depot (Burlington) Gift Cards & Get $5 Best Buy Gift Card Free
Limit 1 per transaction. Expiry date unknown. Link

Giant/Martin’s/Stop& Shop: Earn 10x Points On Spafinder Gift Cards
Offer valid July 24-30, 2020. Link

Giant Eagle: Earn 2x Fuelperks For Every $50 Spent On Select Gift Cards
Includes: Kohl’s, PetSmart and Sephora​
Expires 8/05/20. Link

Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Pandora Amex Offers: Spend $9.99 & Get $9.99 Statement Credit
Expires 12/31/2020. Link

MISC.
Dosh App: Earn 15% Cashback At Finish Line and Staples
Finish Line max $10 back and Staples max $5 back. Expires 7/23/20.
Home Depot Offers 11% Rebate in Many States
Rebate Link (pdf)

Offer is valid in select locations which are found in the following states: Arkansas, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin. Full list of locations can be found on the PDF link above. Expires 7/25/20. Link

Mountain Dew: Get $20 If You Have A Hunting Or Fishing License

Deal Is Back. This time they are giving it to the first 100 people every day starting July 23rd for 50 days. Link

Spa Week: Buy $40 Spa & Wellness Gift Card & Get $20 Bonus Card Free With Promo Code SUMMERWAX
One per household. Expires 7/26/20.
Bonus card(s) shall be emailed within 24 hours of purchase. Bonus cards expires September 4, 2020.
512598 EATS
Wendy’s
Launches ‘Wendy’s Rewards’ Link

512599 READS
New York Senate Passes Bill That Credit Card Customers Get 90 Days Grace Period To Redeem Rewards
Link

512600 TRAVEL
NY, NJ and CT Announce Mandatory 14 Day Quarantine From High Risk States (More States Added)
Update 7/22/20: Minnesota has been removed, 10 other states added. Full list is now: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, LA, MD, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV, OH, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI. Link

United/American Airlines To Require Face Coverings To Be Worn In Airports Effective July 23, 2020. Link

This Post has been edited.

Last edited:
Added Offer ~ 7/24/20

Discount District
Best Buy:
  • Buy $50 Fanatics Gift Card & Get $10 Best Buy Gift Card Free
    • Limit 1 per transaction. Expiry date unknown. Link
  • Buy $100 Sling TV Gift Card & Get $15 Best Buy Gift Card Free
    • Limit 1 per transaction. Expiry date unknown. Link
  • Buy $30 Audible Gift Card & Get $5 Best Buy Gift Card Free
    • Limit 1 Per Transaction. Expiry date unknown. Link
  • Buy $100 iTunes Gift Card & Get $10 Best Buy Gift Card Free
    • Limit 1 Per Transaction. Expiry date unknown. Link
Best Buy DP: You can no longer use Rewards Certificates to purchase third party gc but you can still can earn them with purchases.

Kroger Online: Buy $50 Buffalo Wild Wings Gift Cards For $42.50
Limit 3. Expires 7/29/20. Link
Kroger DP:
  • When buying gift cards Online, note it is processed by Blackhawk Network/GiftCardMall, so they don’t code as grocery store purchases.
ShopRite: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Save $10 On Next Shopping Order
Includes: Gap, Kohl’s Or Zappos
ShopRite Stores In Maryland
  • Purchase $50 gift card between July 24, 2020 and July 30, 2020.
  • Redeem ShopRite coupon between July 31, 2020 and August 6, 2020.
ShopRite Stores Outside Of Maryland
  • Purchase $50 gift card between July 26, 2020 and August 1, 2020.
  • Redeem ShopRite coupon between August 2, 2020 and August 8, 2020.
    • Terms, tips and more information can be found in the Link
Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Lululemon Amex Offer: Spend $100 & Get $20 Back Or 2,000 Membership Rewards
Expires 8/24/20. Link
Discover Adds Ability To Redeem Points For Gas & Restaurant Purchases (Useless Addition) Link

MISC.
Raise:
Save 5% On Home & Garden Gift Cards With Promo Code DIY

Maximum savings of $20. Limit 1 use per household. Not valid on cash back gift cards. Expires 7/24/20. Link
Save 7% Off All Gift Cards In App With Promo Code APP7
Targeted. Expires 7/31/20. Link
Buca di Peppo: Email Offer “Your July $20 Gift Awaits
  • Offer must be redeemed by and is not transferable. Coupon is good for one-time use only.
  • Valid for Dine In* or To Go.
  • Not valid on Daily Meal Deals, Take & Bake, Best of Buca or bundles.
  • YMMV. Expires 07/31/20.
  • This is placed under Miscellaneous as there is no link to this offer. We do have an account with them and this very well could be Birthday, Anniversary or a Regional offer so check your emails.
Instacart Hundreds Of Thousands Of Instacart Customers’ Personal Data Is Being Sold Online Link

I was contacted and asked why I use Links vs Direct Links, to be fair I use both on some offers. The reason I use just links to a specific site like GC Galore, Doctor of Credit, Hip2Save etc. is due to the lengthy terms of an offer and/or tips provided. Again, not everyone here has access to a store and/or credit card offer, by going to the source you'll need to weigh whether the offer is beneficial on a personal level. :flower3:

Oh, and sometimes I have issues with their "direct links". :thumbsup2

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter