(Updated 9/28) 10th Anniversary at the Contemporary! - May 2024 TR

Last Fireworks of the Trip - Friday May 10, 2024 (part 6)

Back at the resort, my next picture is timestamped 8:30 so not sure what we did in the meantime! I assume relaxed, started packing up, etc. We wanted to make sure we were in the room for the fireworks at 9 pm - our last chance!
PXL_20240511_003130111.jpg
Such a gorgeous view - it was nice and cool on the balcony, with a nice breeze going.

Trevor took a timelapse of the sunset:

Such active clouds today!

But we started digging into the cookies while waiting for the fireworks.
IMG_0240.JPG
The rice krispie cookie was interesting - it almost looked like a cookie on top of a cookie, with the actual rice krispie treats in it. Trevor couldn't really taste the rice krispie treat - it was just fine, nothing super special.
PXL_20240511_003346124.jpg
Pretty view! :)

IMG_0241.JPG
This was so good! Super rich, but very chocolatey. Trevor thought it was a bit overdone on the bottom but meh, I didn't think so.
IMG_0242.JPG
Fudge swirl - very rich and fudgey, as you may expect.
Finally, the pinky!
IMG_0243.JPG
Bigger than we thought - it almost didn't fit in the box! But it was frosting on top of a sugar cookie - good and sweet but not like exceptional or anything. I was glad we had milk to drink with all of these cookies!!

The, time for fireworks!!
IMG_0247.JPG
IMG_0251.JPG
IMG_0253.JPG

Timelapse of the fireworks!

Trevor also took a regular video of the fireworks but he jostled it halfway through and it got aimed just a little bit too high. Oh well!

I noticed for the first time that during the Hunchback section, the fireworks are bell shaped! Not sure how I missed that detail before but it was neat to notice.

After the fireworks, we could hear the cheering on Main Street, and we just sat and enjoyed the echo of the "Happily Ever After" song afterwards - they play the song in the park but not on the channel for the resorts, but we could hear it echoing around from the park, so that was really nice and enjoyable, just to enjoy the ambiance.

We also saw the Electric Water Pageant from across the lagoon at both the Grand Floridian and the Poly:

But it reminded me that I wanted to see the Electric Water Pageant with the sound and everything, so we headed down to the back of the resort to watch that from the beach. Good thing we went, cause we passed the Mickey statue and I remembered that I wanted to take a picture of us there!
IMG_0255.JPG

Electric Water Pageant - Friday May 10, 2024 (part 7)

This was the first time we'd ever been out to the beach:
IMG_0256.JPG
It's pretty nice! We grabbed a couple seats and settled in for the 15 min wait or so. We'd also refilled the cup on our way out (#2 today), so we had taht going for us :)
IMG_0257.JPG

We ended up having to stand up to watch the pageant, cause the fence was in the way:
PXL_20240511_020645356.jpg
But not too bad! It was a super cute little show - I'm glad we got to see it:

It helped that the weather was absolutely gorgeous - nice breeze, not nearly as hot as it's been...it was super pleasant.

And by 10:15 we were heading back inside, with one stop at the statue for our pictures!
PXL_20240511_021926618.jpg
PXL_20240511_022026498.MP.jpg
Not my favorite picture, but still a cute photo op. And I appreciate that they have the phone stand there to take the picture for you. AND I LITERALLY just noticed that the bricks are in the shape of a shadow mickey!

And that was the end of the night - back inside for our last night of sleep, with a quick stop off at Contempo to fill the cup one more time (#3). Tomorrow, we fly home. :(

Fun with Metrics:
Steps walked: 14116 steps (6.3 miles)
Ride count: 6 (Tower of Terror, Midway Mania, Alien Swirling Saucers, Slinky Dog, Millenium Falcon, Star Tours)
Savings due to AP discount: $0
Refillable Mug Tally: 3 fills today (16 total)

Last edited:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest