Updated with Trip Report Link! - A Trip of Firsts! - A September 2018 Pre Trip Report

Yay for getting the fast passes you wanted!
Right? I may have been literally doing a happy dance in my chair... :)

Your fastpass picks look great! Wonderful that you got everything you wanted!
You'll be heading for the WDW before you know it. I hope you do another TR when you get back.
I enjoy reading your posts. :daisy:

I am trying to finalize our park days for our trip in Oct. So then I'll know which parks to make FPs for and for which days.
I might switch around a couple ADRs... still working it all out.

You guys will look so cute in your costumes! can't wait to see pics of you at the party.

Oh, and we did switch from POFQ to the B Resort at Disney Springs. Just couldn't pass it up with the mousesaver discount. For one week we will pay just under $900!!! FQ was $2300! Our second week we will be at Coronado Springs with our daughter and SIL with a military package, so we will end our trip at an on property resort.

With all the money we're saving, we will take uber/lyft/minnie vans if the bus system doesn't work well for us, but reading here, most people say its fine. We will still be money ahead.

Thank you! I enjoy writing the posts, so I'm glad you enjoy reading them. :) Good luck with finalizing your plans--there's just so many choices! And that's awesome about switching the resort--saving that much money is fantastic! And you still get your "on property" fix--sounds like a great plan. :) You're gonna have a great trip!

Just read all your updates!
Love your MNSSHP costumes!
And great job getting all those fastpasses! Looks like you pretty much got the perfect options. Lucky duck!

Oh wow, thanks for reading my longwindedness! :)

So as I wait for Food and Wine booth menus to be announced and for the days to wind themselves down, might as well do the walk through of each day! Feel free to ignore...I know I'm longwinded! :) These should be pretty well set in stone...I've been pretty good about not changing my ADRs and fastpasses and such.

Friday, September 14th, 2018

So this day starts with a horrible horrible wake up call: 4 am!

giphy.gif

Though let's be honest--in contrast to Winifred, I'm willing to tolerate a 4 am wakeup call if it means Disney!

We should be mostly packed and everything, so by 4:30 we should be hopping in an Uber and heading off to the airport for our flight. Flight leaves at 6:20am, so getting there at 5am should be plenty of time. And then, waiting.

nwfdc1q.gif

But we should soon be winging our way off to Orlando and assuming all goes well, landing at MCO at 8:35. By 10 am, we should be at the Boardwalk (I know, I'm hopeful!). We'll drop off all our stuff, and then grab another Uber to the Vineland Premium Outlets to check out the Disney Character Warehouse (and buy all the things!) Don't worry, the souvenirs are in the budget!

giphy.gif
Tim Tracker did a fun video about the outlets just the other day--I'm excited! They have such fun stuff, and who doesn't love a bargain? :)

After the outlets, we're taking an uber back to Disney Springs. First stop, Guest Services! I have to upgrade my ticket to an Annual Pass!!!!!!

louis-excited.gif

Hopefully that doesn't take too long, because then it's off to lunch at The Edison. We have a 12:15 reservation. I can't wait to just see the atmosphere inside. The food is a bit "meh", but that's ok. There are tons of attractive snacks at Disney Springs we want to try as well:

Croissant Gelato Sundae (photo credit wdwnt.com):

IMG_7341-990x556.jpeg

Crepes from Aristocrepes (photo credit disneyfoodblog.com):

06ec1a66bb21983b2e7fa87457ecac14.jpg

Cupcakes from the Cupcake ATM at Sprinkles:

maxresdefault.jpg

Cakes from Amorettes!:
One cake to take back to the hotel--

disney-springs-amorettes-patisseries-carousel-03.jpg

And one to eat right then (photo credit disneyfoodblog.com)

Amorettes-Small-Pastries-I-Avant-Garde-Chocolate-Mousse-Gluten-Friendly-16_-008-613x600.jpg

I had the above cake the last time I was there and it was SO GOOD. All the chocolate and chocolate mousse....so good!

Of course there will also be more shopping as we wander around Disney Springs, but there are two main events that we want to do. I don't have any particular order or time planned for these, just some time that afternoon: the amphicar, and Star Wars The VOID.

The Amphicar is for Trevor, but I'm looking forward to it too:

Amphicar-at-Disney-Springs.jpg

Same with Star Wars THE VOID virtual reality experiment. A guy at work did it and he came back *raving* about how cool it was. I can't wait to do it--and mostly to see how much Trevor enjoys it!

Eventually, we'll be done with Disney Springs, and then back to Epcot we go. Why? Time for rides, of course! We have fastpasses at Epcot starting at 4pm

• Spaceship Earth 4 to 5pm: An appropriate first ride for the trip, I think! :)
  • Soarin' Around the World 5 to 6pm: Trevor has never ridden this, 'cause it was closed the last time we were there. I think he'll enjoy it--he's afraid of heights, but I think he'll be ok. He says he'll be fine, so we'll see!
  • Living with the Land 6 to 7pm: I'm hopeful that I can move this up after we ride Soarin.
After the rides, we have a 7:15 ADr at Flying Fish. We may grab an appetizer or two from some of the Food and Wine Booths on our way through Epcot to the Boardwalk, but depends on how we feel.

But then, Flying Fish! This gets such good reviews. I'm not over the moon about the menu, 'cause I dislike seafood, but I'm sure their steak will be good. But again, this is mostly for Trevor, who doesn't get good seafood at home 'cause I refuse to cook it. I imagine he'll look something like this:

2lBEEfd.gif

The part for me is going to be after dinner--if we're still awake and not completely dead, I want to see Toy Story Land at night!

210x.gif

Current hours have it closing at 8:30, but the fireworks are at 9, so I'm hopeful park hours will be extended. If not, maybe we won't make it over. BUT! We're planning now as if it will be possible. :) I'll try and get fastpasses for Slinky or Alien Swirling Saucers (see if we get lucky? :D) but even if not, according to EasyWDW, lines aren't too bad late at night. And even if they are, I just want to see the area all lit up. It looks so neat!

images

(photo from easywdw.com)

After that, then it's back to the Boardwalk and crashing into bed and sleeping. :) A long, but hopefully good day. :)

My suggestions on Day 1:

Make sure your reservation with The Edison is done through OpenTable. If you have any issues with flight delays due to weather, you will be able to cancel without the $20 charge they may or may not charge.

Your day sounds really busy but you guys know your energy levels. You will have no problem sleeping that night!

Saturday, September 15, 2018
So, after the busy busy day yesterday, we're going to sleep in a bit today! I fully expect us to look something like this:
tenor.gif

Once we do wake up (keeping in mind that we don't usually sleep past 8, even on vacation), we'll grab some breakfast from the Boardwalk Bakery, and then off we go to
39AE0134-2354-490F-81AC-5381F836288A-990x556.jpeg

Trevor has never been here, since we skipped it on our first trip, so I'm excited for him to see it. We have our first fastpass--Dinosaur--from 9 to 10am, but I'm not concerned about missing it if we do sleep in, or whathaveyou. If we do make it to AK right at 9, after Dinosaur I'll do single rider line at Expedition Everest ('cause Trevor doesn't ride coasters) and then maybe Kali River Rapids while the line is still low. Maybe.

But at 10am, we have our fastpass for Kilimanjaro Safaris! Hopefully the animals are active, but even if not, the Safari is always a fun ride. :) After the Safari, its wandering around Africa and enjoying the ambiance, until our fastpass for Avatar Flight of Passage!

excited-disney-gif-12.gif

I'm a bit excited; can you tell? I'm a little worried about Trevor's fear of heights here, but he says he wants to try it, so hopefully it goes well. After Flight of Passage, I'm going to try and get super lucky with a semi-immediate fastpass for Navi River Journey, or just do standby if the line isn't too bad.

anigif_enhanced-31633-1419896071-2.gif

After our foray into Pandora, we have a lunch reservation at Yak & Yeti. This was so good when I came with my friend last year, so I booked it again! :) And those cream cheese wontons...yum!
tenor.gif

After lunch, it's pretty open. Maybe Nemo? or Dinoland? See if we can meet Scrooge and Launchpad? If Trevor wants to do Festival of the Lion King we can catch that...no real plan, just whatever catches our fancy. And plenty of time for a midday break if we want. The only thing I want to do for sure is see Pandora at night! So head over to Pandora around 6-ish, grab dinner at Satuli Canteen, try some of the stuff from Pongu Pongu (that Night Blossom and Pongu Lumpia look awesome!), and enjoy the atmosphere. I want to see the standby line for Flight of Passage, so we may try to see the Tree of Life Awakenings and then go back to Pandora to hop in line for Flight of Passage right before park close. I've been reading lots of easywdw blog posts, and this seems to be a recommended strategy. :)

Should be a fairly early night, unless we decide that we still have energy and want to head over to Port Orleans French Quarter to try their beignet sundae! Maybe not...depends on how much like Boo we feel!

iMrH68c.gif

This should be a pretty low-key, low-stress day after the hectic arrival the day before. I'm hopeful it'll work out well!

So as I wait for Food and Wine booth menus to be announced and for the days to wind themselves down, might as well do the walk through of each day! Feel free to ignore...I know I'm longwinded! :) These should be pretty well set in stone...I've been pretty good about not changing my ADRs and fastpasses and such.

Friday, September 14th, 2018

So this day starts with a horrible horrible wake up call: 4 am!

giphy.gif

Though let's be honest--in contrast to Winifred, I'm willing to tolerate a 4 am wakeup call if it means Disney!

We should be mostly packed and everything, so by 4:30 we should be hopping in an Uber and heading off to the airport for our flight. Flight leaves at 6:20am, so getting there at 5am should be plenty of time. And then, waiting.

nwfdc1q.gif

But we should soon be winging our way off to Orlando and assuming all goes well, landing at MCO at 8:35. By 10 am, we should be at the Boardwalk (I know, I'm hopeful!). We'll drop off all our stuff, and then grab another Uber to the Vineland Premium Outlets to check out the Disney Character Warehouse (and buy all the things!) Don't worry, the souvenirs are in the budget!

giphy.gif
Tim Tracker did a fun video about the outlets just the other day--I'm excited! They have such fun stuff, and who doesn't love a bargain? :)

After the outlets, we're taking an uber back to Disney Springs. First stop, Guest Services! I have to upgrade my ticket to an Annual Pass!!!!!!

louis-excited.gif

Hopefully that doesn't take too long, because then it's off to lunch at The Edison. We have a 12:15 reservation. I can't wait to just see the atmosphere inside. The food is a bit "meh", but that's ok. There are tons of attractive snacks at Disney Springs we want to try as well:

Croissant Gelato Sundae (photo credit wdwnt.com):

IMG_7341-990x556.jpeg

Crepes from Aristocrepes (photo credit disneyfoodblog.com):

06ec1a66bb21983b2e7fa87457ecac14.jpg

Cupcakes from the Cupcake ATM at Sprinkles:

maxresdefault.jpg

Cakes from Amorettes!:
One cake to take back to the hotel--

disney-springs-amorettes-patisseries-carousel-03.jpg

And one to eat right then (photo credit disneyfoodblog.com)

Amorettes-Small-Pastries-I-Avant-Garde-Chocolate-Mousse-Gluten-Friendly-16_-008-613x600.jpg

I had the above cake the last time I was there and it was SO GOOD. All the chocolate and chocolate mousse....so good!

Of course there will also be more shopping as we wander around Disney Springs, but there are two main events that we want to do. I don't have any particular order or time planned for these, just some time that afternoon: the amphicar, and Star Wars The VOID.

The Amphicar is for Trevor, but I'm looking forward to it too:

Amphicar-at-Disney-Springs.jpg

Same with Star Wars THE VOID virtual reality experiment. A guy at work did it and he came back *raving* about how cool it was. I can't wait to do it--and mostly to see how much Trevor enjoys it!

Eventually, we'll be done with Disney Springs, and then back to Epcot we go. Why? Time for rides, of course! We have fastpasses at Epcot starting at 4pm

• Spaceship Earth 4 to 5pm: An appropriate first ride for the trip, I think! :)
  • Soarin' Around the World 5 to 6pm: Trevor has never ridden this, 'cause it was closed the last time we were there. I think he'll enjoy it--he's afraid of heights, but I think he'll be ok. He says he'll be fine, so we'll see!
  • Living with the Land 6 to 7pm: I'm hopeful that I can move this up after we ride Soarin.
After the rides, we have a 7:15 ADr at Flying Fish. We may grab an appetizer or two from some of the Food and Wine Booths on our way through Epcot to the Boardwalk, but depends on how we feel.

But then, Flying Fish! This gets such good reviews. I'm not over the moon about the menu, 'cause I dislike seafood, but I'm sure their steak will be good. But again, this is mostly for Trevor, who doesn't get good seafood at home 'cause I refuse to cook it. I imagine he'll look something like this:

2lBEEfd.gif

The part for me is going to be after dinner--if we're still awake and not completely dead, I want to see Toy Story Land at night!

210x.gif

Current hours have it closing at 8:30, but the fireworks are at 9, so I'm hopeful park hours will be extended. If not, maybe we won't make it over. BUT! We're planning now as if it will be possible. :) I'll try and get fastpasses for Slinky or Alien Swirling Saucers (see if we get lucky? :D) but even if not, according to EasyWDW, lines aren't too bad late at night. And even if they are, I just want to see the area all lit up. It looks so neat!

images

(photo from easywdw.com)

After that, then it's back to the Boardwalk and crashing into bed and sleeping. :) A long, but hopefully good day. :)

You've done much better than me, to not change around your ADR'S and FP's! LOL

I've changed mine, um, almost constantly. Ahem. But your plans sound busy and FUN! I do wish Michael loved Disney a little more, but I'm hoping this trip will be more to his liking than previous trips and that it'll warm him up to it a bit more. We've actually only in the last 2 years realized we have different vacation styles (and we've been married 15 years!). Slow learners, I guess.

So, I tried to plan this trip (which is to my favorite place) with his relaxed style in mind (to make him happy too). Hopefully, we'll end up with a trip we BOTH love. (Read: hopefully, he'll want to go back sooner than he's currently saying.) :rolleyes1

Your plans look awesome! We are doing AK on our first full day with lunch at Yak & Yeti too! GMTA! :)
I've been reading alot of Josh's blogposts too. Isn't he amazing?
I think we are going to get there at RD and do the river journey first if we can get a FP for Pandora 9:00 - 10:00ish.
Then eat at the canteen. Oh man can't wait!

Sunday, September 16, 2018
So, after the semi-quiet day at Animal Kingdom on Friday, this day starts out slow too. First thing scheduled? a 9:10 breakfast ADR at Crystal Palace!
SomeWideCorydorascatfish.gif

Neither Trevor nor I are huge Winnie the Pooh fans (though I love the theme song from "The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh"
), but Trevor is intrigued by the Crystal Palace building! And we've never actually done a "Disney" breakfast, so this seemed as good a time as any. Mickey waffles, anyone?

After breakfast, our first fastpass is at 10 am: Jungle Cruise!

tumblr_n22m1nlBDz1s2wio8o2_500.gif
It's the backside of water!! :) Guys, I know this ride is cheesy but I love it. The cheesy jokes are right up my alley. :)

Depending on lines, we'll try Aladdin's Magic Carpets, and maybe even the Tiki room! I've never done the Tiki room and I feel like this is a problem...but we'll remedy that this trip!

Our next fastpass is 11am--Pirates!

k3xf0wbxpvfsvcta8rkq.gif

So, true confessions: I think this new version of Pirates with Redd the Pirate is awesome! Yes, the old version is a classic, but human trafficking is not ok, and if Disney can change that with a minimum of effort, why not? (though admittedly I'm one that doesn't understand the complaints about being "too PC"--that just means we're trying to be nice and not cause hurt/emotional pain to anyone, isn't that a good thing? /end touchy comment!) I'm also happy to see an awesome (and historically accurate!) woman pirate--We Wants the Redd-head! :) I'm excited to see it in person.

After Pirates, I think we're gonna need a snack....how about a Dole Whip?

upload_2018-7-30_20-24-59.jpeg
Actually, the float...I like the float. Trevor says we're not going to share but we both know we are. Cause that means we get to try more awesome treats without being too full. :)

Our Splash Mountain fastpass opens at noon--should cool us down, right? :)

tumblr_nwl9l4G7rT1ug2mhco1_500.gif

After Splash, I wanna try and get a fastpass for Big Thunder, or Haunted Mansion. But at 2 pm, it's time for the Festival of Fantasy parade! Never seen it, and I want to see it at least once. Unfortunately the Maleficent dragon probably won't be back, or if she is back, she likely won't be breathing fire.
giphy.gif
It's fine. I'm not upset. Or anything. Oh well :)

We'll probably also grab some snacks. Maybe a corn dog from Westward Ho? Or maybe an Ice Cream Churro Sandwich from Sleepy Hollow? or BOTH?! :) I really want to see both shows of the Muppets Present, so we may just camp out near Liberty Square and see both the 3 pm and 3:40 pm shows.

6kFwv2k.gif

But from there, it's MNSSHP time! :) Not quite sure where we'll grab our bands--as reports come in from the first few parties, we'll see if we can grab our bands further back in the park or if we need to head up front. Or maybe we'll want to head up to the front of the park and do the bypass? Not sure yet. BUT! We'll definitely need to stop by the firehouse. Why?
smo2394820349234fi-624x351.jpg
The Halloween Party Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom card! I'll be honest, a bit disappointing for a Halloween card--more cute than scary. But oh well--still fun! :)

After that though, we have a 4:30 ADR at Skipper Canteen! This is such a hidden gem in the MK--I love it. Interesting food, the most dad-est of dad jokes...what else can you ask for? It's like dinner AND a show! :)

After dinner, we're just wandering and enjoying the ambiance, though we're gonna get in line at 6:30 or so to meet Tarzan and Jane. Cause I LOVE Tarzan and Jane.
giphy.gif
After that, the party should have officially started. Probably gonna head over and ride the Haunted Mansion, maybe see the Cadaver Dans. We have the dessert party booked, with the parade viewing, so still not sure how that timing will all work out, but we'll see.

After Hallowishes, I wanna try and ride Space Mountain with the new soundtrack and the Tea Party with the black lights. If we have time, we'll see about riding Pirates too (yes, I know...criss-crossing the park, I'm ignoring that)...depends on reports of what the special Halloween party thing is for Pirates. :) Though criss-crossing the park...maybe not worth it. We'll see!

tenor.gif

I also wanna get *some* trick or treating in there, and some of the magic shots (dancing ghosts, headless horseman)...Here's hoping there's time! Cause while Mary Poppins does have magic powers, I don't think they include time travel. Bummer. But we'll still look awesome!

img_4731-jpg.336886

My suggestions on Day 1:

Make sure your reservation with The Edison is done through OpenTable. If you have any issues with flight delays due to weather, you will be able to cancel without the $20 charge they may or may not charge.

Your day sounds really busy but you guys know your energy levels. You will have no problem sleeping that night!

Ooh, good idea! I'm hoping with being the first flight of the day we'll be ok, but you never know (knocking on wood though... :D)

Lol right? All of it is negotiable--if we feel too wiped out, we just won't do it. But I've deliberately planned a lighter day the next day just for this reason. :)

You've done much better than me, to not change around your ADR'S and FP's! LOL

I've changed mine, um, almost constantly. Ahem. But your plans sound busy and FUN! I do wish Michael loved Disney a little more, but I'm hoping this trip will be more to his liking than previous trips and that it'll warm him up to it a bit more. We've actually only in the last 2 years realized we have different vacation styles (and we've been married 15 years!). Slow learners, I guess.

So, I tried to plan this trip (which is to my favorite place) with his relaxed style in mind (to make him happy too). Hopefully, we'll end up with a trip we BOTH love. (Read: hopefully, he'll want to go back sooner than he's currently saying.) :rolleyes1

Ooh, that's hard when vacation styles are totally different! But good on you planning for him as well this time--I'm crossing my fingers for you that he'll love it and want to come back super soon!

Your plans look awesome! We are doing AK on our first full day with lunch at Yak & Yeti too! GMTA! :)
I've been reading alot of Josh's blogposts too. Isn't he amazing?
I think we are going to get there at RD and do the river journey first if we can get a FP for Pandora 9:00 - 10:00ish.
Then eat at the canteen. Oh man can't wait!

Hey! GMTA indeed! :)

Lol I *love* Josh's posts--so snarky, and funny, but fair and honest.

Good luck with rope dropping Pandora--Trevor kind of vetoed doing crazy rope drops this time around, and I think he's probably right, so we only have the early mornings when we have Early Morning Magic or a tour. But that sounds like an awesome way to get it done, and then eating at the canteen? Awesome :) Hopefully you get the fastpass you want!

I really want to see both shows of the Muppets Present, so we may just camp out near Liberty Square and see both the 3 pm and 3:40 pm shows.

This is on my Priority List for MK too! I have never seen it before so I am looking forward to a "new" (new for me) Muppet Experience!
giphy.gif

Sounds super fun! I want to see the Muppets performances too. I saw those Halloween sorcerers cards. I agree--kinda cutesy. But still, cute. :)

I never would have attempted the River Journey first, then FP Pandora if I hadn't read this post by Josh:
https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/r...with-an-8am-flight-of-passage-fastpass-31518/
During our vacation, we will only RD a couple times. We are much more the arrive mid-morning, stay late kinda folks.
Yeah its hard not to do some back-tracking when trying to get all the stuff in that you want to do.
Aren't his posts so helpful? I've used his experiences a ton when deciding some of our plans.
And yea, backtracking happens. But when the prize for backtracking is an awesome ride or a cinnamon roll as big as your face....worth it! :)

This is on my Priority List for MK too! I have never seen it before so I am looking forward to a "new" (new for me) Muppet Experience!
Hey, I consider it new! :) I've only heard positive things about it so I'm really excited. Also the muppets are just awesome. :)

Sounds super fun! I want to see the Muppets performances too. I saw those Halloween sorcerers cards. I agree--kinda cutesy. But still, cute. :)
Muppets for the win! It sounds like it might be a fun thing to watch while eating a snack or something...bribe the kids maybe? :D just teasing!
Right? a bit disappointing, but still cute.

Monday, September 17th, 2018
Well, after our brief foray into Halloween the night before, we continue the childhood theme by going to Toy Story land!
CIlL.gif

We'll sleep in a little bit, and then head over to Hollywood Studios for breakfast at Woody's Lunchbox! That is, assuming it still serves breakfast in September. Satuli Canteen had stopped serving breakfast by the September after they opened, but Toy Story Land opened a month later than Pandora, so...
so-youre-saying-theres-a-chance-gif-3.gif

After breakfast, we have our first fastpass of the day--Slinky Dog Dash! (at 9:30am)
slinky-dog.gif

We may also ride Alien Swirling Saucers or Toy Story Mania in standby either before or after...depends on the lines. We'll see. :)

After Slinky, we abandon Toy Story Land in favor of more...adult rides. Not like that!

200.gif
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror! Trevor doesn't like either of these rides, so at 10:30 I booked RnRC on my band and ToT on Trevor's band, and then I'll get to ride both of them. Huzzah!
giphy.gif

While we're down there, I really (really) want to get the Tower of Terror lenticular photo--https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/07/drop-by-the-hollywood-tower-hotel-to-take-home-an-otherworldly-keepsake/

TOTHHFI68798-624x351.jpg
It looks super neat, and I think it'll be a fun keepsake, especially/even though Trevor won't ride it again. :)

From there, we head back deep into Hollywood Studios for our next fastpass at 11:35:

tumblr_ovz3zigUAa1wzypxlo1_500.gif
It's Trevor's favorite ride, and I like it a lot too (I actually got to be the rebel spy once--boom!). We're both big Star Wars fans, and until Star Wars land opens, this is what we've got. :)

After Star Tours, we're probably gonna be hungry, so it's off to Epcot for lunch at the Food and Wine booths!

beauty-and-the-beast-one.gif

We're going to enter via the International Gateway and start at France. The plan is to eat all the way around to Mexico. Along the way, I want to try and get a fastpass for Frozen, and whatever rides along the way we can get a same day fastpass for. Maybe Mission Space? or Test Track if we get crazy lucky?

Basically, wander around the lagoon in Epcot, doing and eating whatever strikes our fancy.

tumblr_lwd0riUG6q1r7sa6ro1_250.gif

We do have a dinner reservation at 7 pm at Coral Reef, for the seafood and the ambiance. This was one of Trevor's picks, so even if we're not super hungry after snacking most of the afternoon, it'll be good to sit and get off our feet and enjoy the cool aquarium. :)
giphy.gif

After dinner, it's back to the lagoon to grab a spot for Illuminations, and then back to the Boardwalk for bed. We have an early early day the next morning!

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-2_20-54-32.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-2_20-54-32.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 2
Ok guys, this is an off topic update but wow, yesterday was quite the most stressful day I've had in a while--lots of ups and downs. My husband has been out of work for a month and was supposed to get a conditional job offer on Thursday, but it didn't come. So that was the start of the day, and then I went to work.

On the way to work, my tire blew out. I lost control, was spinning around, and ended up hitting the curb pretty hard before I was able to come to a safe stop in a parking lot. I'm fine, and in what I feel pretty confident calling a miracle, no other cars were involved and no other damage was caused. Normally along that stretch of road, it's gridlock--cars surrounding me on all sides. By rights, I should have hit at least 3 or 4 other cars, but I was all alone on that stretch of road, so I had plenty of room to lose control and not hit anyone. And about 5 minutes after it was all over, a car came and parked on the street right where I hit the curb.

Got the car towed to the shop, where it'll likely be totaled out (it's an 18 year old car--doesn't take much to total it and the wheel where I hit the curb got pushed back into the wheel well, maybe bending the axel or something), and a friend from work came and picked me up and took me to work.

Because we're without a car, my parents (who are trying to get rid of one of their older cars) decided to be super kind and give it to us, so we can take our time looking for a good car.

Then that afternoon, my husband's conditional job offer came in (yay!) and I had tickets to see the musical "Dave" at Arena Stage in DC, so I got to take my mind off everything by watching a hilarious musical.

Everything is working out fine--it's just been stressful. We are very blessed that it wasn't much worse--I'm still kind of stunned that it wasn't.

But the important things: Disney in 41 days!!

Tiffany, I am so glad you are okay! Yes it certainly sounds like it was a miracle you were not hurt nor did your car hit anything but the curb. And for your husband's job offer to come in after that stressful morning...fantastic! Bless your parents for offering their car so you can take your time finding the right one. It does sound like even though its bad you totaled your car, things will work out just fine. And soon you will be in the Happiest Place on Earth, so there is that wonderful vacation to look forward to! ºoº

Tiffany, I am so glad you are okay! Yes it certainly sounds like it was a miracle you were not hurt nor did your car hit anything but the curb. And for your husband's job offer to come in after that stressful morning...fantastic! Bless your parents for offering their car so you can take your time finding the right one. It does sound like even though its bad you totaled your car, things will work out just fine. And soon you will be in the Happiest Place on Earth, so there is that wonderful vacation to look forward to! ºoº

Thank you! Yea, it was definitely a day of ups and down, but like you said, things will work out just fine. And yes--Disney soon! :)

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you are okay. How scary! And I'm also glad your husband's job offer came in. That is always exciting.

Guys, August is not my month and it's not even halfway done! Saturday night, just a couple hours after I wrote that last post on the 4th, our air conditioning died. It'd like 90 degrees and 90% humidity (hello Virginia weather!), so we got our HVAC guy out as soon as we could. He came and fixed it the next day, around noon. It's working now, but the HVAC guy says the compressor is dying so we'll need to replace the whole system soon. Gotta love good news like that. :) Oh well--we have a home warranty, hopefully it dies while the warranty is still in effect!

I spent the rest of this week getting the car that my parents gifted us inspected and registered and titled and spending time with them, and then Friday I bit into a fruit by the foot fruit snack, and pulled out one of the crowns on one of my back molars! And of course it happened at noon on Friday, when the dentist office closed at 11 am on Fridays. So I'm gonna try and get in to the dentist tomorrow morning to get that fixed. Hopefully it's an easy (and cheap) fix... :)

But whew...I am so done with all this. I'll get back to posting the plans for each of my days soon, as things should hopefully calm down now. Right? (right? :D)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter