Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Sorry to hear @NC Belle - hope you feel better SOON!

It's been hot/humid off/on here. Unfortunately, it's supposed to start getting really hot/humid for an extended period of time starting this Fri;, well into next week. Friend/I have a tradition of taking a bus trip to Lake George NY, then doing a lunch cruise on the lake every year, to celebrate her birthday. We usually do it earlier, but she couldn't this year, so we're doing it Saturday. Just hoping I can find somewhere in the shade to sit before and after the cruise, before the bus comes back to get us.

I think my allergy medicine is finally kicking in. The dog is active this afternoon despite the heat. She is staring at the neighbors working on the last bit of packing. It gets embarrassing, so I told dh this afternoon that I should be calling the dog..."Gladys (Kravitz)".

The fire ants are more abundant for us since dh has not cut the grass as much due to heat or storms plus our neighbors' chickens have not been to our yard as much (they love our roses).

I think my allergy medicine is finally kicking in. The dog is active this afternoon despite the heat. She is staring at the neighbors working on the last bit of packing. It gets embarrassing, so I told dh this afternoon that I should be calling the dog..."Gladys (Kravitz)".

The fire ants are more abundant for us since dh has not cut the grass as much due to heat or storms plus our neighbors' chickens have not been to our yard as much (they love our roses).
ROTFL on Gladys Kravitz!!!!!

"Gladys" is making it hard to take notes on how to do the last days on moving out of a house fast. We are going to get a dumpster soon and still might need a truck with hunks to get rid of some items. We have some hand-me-downs that might not do well in another move.

6.27.18 (highlight for 2018):

I have waited for many years, to meet, in my opinion one of the most beautiful women in the world. I am not one to catapult a person based solely on vocal talent or grace. I used to, fully erroneously, pride myself on a much more "visual based" system; Once again, post a model divorce, I was reconciled.

I led my internal courage and decided after a "set" at American Adventure to introduce myself to the woman that defines that very term after years of trepidation.

After embarrassing myself, I introduced my sweaty self (walked from HS to EPCOT) and murmured through a few incomprehensible sentences/fragments; she was fully embracing and recognized my stage fright.

Sometimes, even the most arrogant/brashest man is willing to lay his sword to a woman that is deserving.

Last edited:
So, my daughter, Kelly, got me a couple of bird feeders for Mother's Day. I hung the hummingbird feeder in the corner of my porch. I find myself going out there in the mornings and afternoons to watch the little critters. I was recording this one when he decided to check me out. :) (Disregard the sounds of sirens in the background. I do live in LA after all. :p)

Click on the picture below to see the video.

upload_2018-6-27_17-30-29.png

So, my daughter, Kelly, got me a couple of bird feeders for Mother's Day. I hung the hummingbird feeder in the corner of my porch. I find myself going out there in the mornings and afternoons to watch the little critters. I was recording this one when he decided to check me out. :) (Disregard the sounds of sirens in the background. I do live in LA after all. :p)

Click on the picture below to see the video.

View attachment 333302
How totally awesome - and zen - @WebmasterMaryJo ! Thanx for sharing!

6.27.18 (highlight for 2018):

I have waited for many years, to meet, in my opinion one of the most beautiful women in the world. I am not one to catapult a person based solely on vocal talent or grace. I used to, fully erroneously, pride myself on a much more "visual based" system; Once again, post a model divorce, I was reconciled.

I led my internal courage and decided after a "set" at American Adventure to introduce myself to the woman that defines that very term after years of trepidation.

After embarrassing myself, I introduced my sweaty self (walked from HS to EPCOT) and murmured through a few incomprehensible sentences/fragments; she was fully embracing and recognized my stage fright.

Sometimes, even the most arrogant/brashest man is willing to lay his sword to a woman that is deserving; Tiffany encapsulates that feeling.
@hertamaniac - Wow, cool. I love that you're not afraid to voice your emotions, and share them here! So happy for you that you realized a dream!! :)

:sad1: The shooting at Annapolis is a shocker (grew up in the area). I remember when there was not many businesses on Bestgate RD and when that paper was down the road. I had been in that paper throughout my childhood/early adult life (school stuff, marriage license). I remember when there was not really a mall yet...anchor stores that were stand alones and then various phases of the mall. I'm not surprise on the fast police response because my first car accident was not far from there...5 police car units were behind the driver that rear-ended me (my first car) since they just left their police station.

We are so surprised by our neighbors who just sold their home...they gave us their riding mower since it was going to cost them too much to move and they needed to move fast. DH used it for backyard today and would had done the front and sides if he did not have to get ready for work tonight.
We have a blueberry bush that has a small harvest waiting (if the birds leave it alone). I think our front roses and the backyard rose bush (its over 6 feet high/wide) has some birds nesting.

Continuing my tajin tasting journey. Several here mentioned corn - so - I don't eat it too often, but just treated myself to some mini ears with tajin on it - YUMBO!!!!! Thanx for the idea!!

Continuing my tajin tasting journey. Several here mentioned corn - so - I don't eat it too often, but just treated myself to some mini ears with tajin on it - YUMBO!!!!! Thanx for the idea!!
The past year or so...I did corn with chili powder (and most likely my favorite Badia fajita seasoning) with fresh lime squeeze over it and then put a cheese like maybe cojita or a Parmesan/Romano. Corn seems reasonable price for the holiday next week.

So Voodoo Donuts has limited time donut called the Raptor Claw. After seeing the tweet from Attractions Magazine not sure “claw” is the word I would use

I hope everyone had a nice holiday yesterday. DH had the night off and he enjoyed watching fireworks 360 (neighbors and a couple towns). The poor dog had enough of the noise between the fireworks, thunderstorms, and then dh using my phone flashlight mode to aid in vacuuming an ant invasion of her dish. She clung onto my arm and refused to get off my lap for a long time. She did okay with watching PBS showing the Capitol Fourth (loved John Stamos hosting it/music) and then we watched the livestream of WDW's show.

Been enjoying a DVR I had of the Johnny Depp version of Willy Wonka. Love it for all its imaginative, fantastical, over the top quirkiness, and him for exactly the same reason! I love how he totally immerses himself, and becomes whomever he's playing - consummate method actor! Also have a DVR of his Alice in Wonderland I'll be contentedly consuming sometime in the near future. :)

Last edited:
Been enjoying a DVR I had of the Johnny Depp version of Willy Wonka. Love it for all its imaginative, fantastical, over the top quirkiness, and him for exactly the same reason! I love how he totally immerses himself, and becomes whomever he's playing - consummate method actor! Also have a DVR of his Alice in Wonderland I'll be contentedly consuming sometime in the near future. :)
I love his Willy Wonka. Totally different than the original. I think they both stand on their own as fine films. And I loved Alice too.

Happy National Fried Chicken Day! or Happy International Kissing Day! <--- Did not know that when I switched dates for our wedding...was going for what was near a holiday/cheaper stuff than original date chosen.
We just got some Boars Head subs from the store (same vendor as Publix, but closer to home). We might watch a movie on the Dish or maybe Netflix. Dh was tired from work and waiting on dumpster quotes (MIL's gift for his birthday last month and maybe part anniversary gift).

If I chose a Depp movie, first picks .... the POTC series.

I'm still trying to get rid of ants that have only been seen on the dog dish area. I cleaned it a bunch of times and wiped the bowl after with lemon juice. The dog eats slowly mad we have to encourage to eat sometimes (its part behavioral...she loves her treats which I hold out on her until she eats enough dog food).
She just ate from a sandwich ziploc bag and at a good pace---hoping that this will help her eating in general (makes her feel like she is "getting away with something fun"). The heat and lack of rainfall (well we had decent amount for a day or 2 this week) stirs up insects. The birds are helpful in the back and knock on wood...a certain room has no issues yet.

DH would chose to watch Ed Wood for his Depp pick or Donnie Brasco if not the POTC series.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter