Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Just my voice.... :) Hat's off to you - I couldn't get through music history classes.

I actually enjoyed my music history class in college. I played 4 years of trumpet and switched to baritone horn for high school marching band and a year in college. I haven't played since so my embouchure is probably messed up.

I played the clarinet in high school and bit in college. I prefer singing though - I was actually a voice music major for a year in college.

How did I not notice this thread until now? Just curious, does anyone play any musical instruments? Just a little bit behind my disboards name. You all know the saying "A pirates life for me." Well, I grew up playing piano and singing. I also started playing the saxophone when I was in 6th grade. Long story short, I ended up going to college for music education and my major instrument was saxophone. This is why my disboards name is "AMusicLifeForMe." It brings together my love for music and Disney.

I played piano growing up and can still read music/play basic stuff. Also played alto sax in school but haven't in a long time

I played guitar and bass guitar in bands in high school - really just play acoustic guitar now (starting to teach my kids a bit - the main song from Moana is surprisingly straight forward so using that to get them excited/into it)

Also have sung in choir in the past (tenor). I led worship groups in college as well

I think we may have finally gotten to the point where I don't have to do a park every day. We always say we can, but end up in one anyway because otherwise, why am I in WDW. I may finally be OK doing pool/Disney Springs and not using a day of ticket time.

I think we may have finally gotten to the point where I don't have to do a park every day. We always say we can, but end up in one anyway because otherwise, why am I in WDW. I may finally be OK doing pool/Disney Springs and not using a day of ticket time.

We always do a rest day where we hang out at the pool and go to Disney Springs - it's nice and probably the most relaxing day of our trip :)

After watching the vlog, I really want to eat at the Polite Pig!
I agree - there are a LOT of places at Disney Springs I want to eat at, and have LOVED all the vlogs and reviews!!

And I also try to work at least one "laid back day" into my trips, which would probably include Disney Springs (used to be The Marketplace or Downtown Disney the last time I went!!! LOL). I'd probably even go to Springs just to "hang out" in the evenings now too, since I used to go to Pleasure Island when that was around, but Springs is now such a hot spot (even for those that don't drink anymore, like me). Just a lot going on there, and I would guess great people-watching, which is what I'd be doing. :)

We do too - although we usually then think of other things to do (Disney Springs, mini-golf, etc.) so winds up being not that much of a "down day"

Especially in the summer / when the park hours are longer we do a lot of long breaks in the afternoon or may only do a park for half the day and then relax or do Disney Springs, etc

When we go down for the Dis 20th we are kind of forced into a trip that is, except for the Epcot party, park-less for financial reasons. We've always taken breaks during the day, but only ever skip the parks if it's an airport day.

I'm alright with this in theory but we'll see how it plays out in practice.

Thursday morning randoms....

-69 days until my first-ever trip to Disneyland. Hype level: TILT.

-Got a book of new grilling/smoking recipes and techniques. Thinking that might become my Sunday afternoon/evening summer thing....just experiment, and if it flops, order a pizza.

-I want to stay up late and watch basketball/hockey playoffs....really, I do. But waking up at 4:30 each morning to work out/read leaves ol' KL worn out by 9:15 p.m. So that's when I end up taking off my cardigan, taking out my teeth, turning off "Matlock" and hitting the sack these days.

-CURRENT LISTENING: The queue loop from Soarin'. Helps me keep my sanity in the office.

-CURRENTLY ON THE NIGHTSTAND: "Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley and the Los Angeles Lakers" by Jeff Pearlman, and "Where Men Win Glory" by Jon Krakauer

-Other than my standard two Diet Mt. Dews each day at work, I'm drinking nothin' but Arnold Palmers from now through Labor Day. Arnold Palmer...The Official Summer Drink of King Llama.

Out.

Thursday morning randoms....

-69 days until my first-ever trip to Disneyland. Hype level: TILT.

-Got a book of new grilling/smoking recipes and techniques. Thinking that might become my Sunday afternoon/evening summer thing....just experiment, and if it flops, order a pizza.

-I want to stay up late and watch basketball/hockey playoffs....really, I do. But waking up at 4:30 each morning to work out/read leaves ol' KL worn out by 9:15 p.m. So that's when I end up taking off my cardigan, taking out my teeth, turning off "Matlock" and hitting the sack these days.

-CURRENT LISTENING: The queue loop from Soarin'. Helps me keep my sanity in the office.

-CURRENTLY ON THE NIGHTSTAND: "Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley and the Los Angeles Lakers" by Jeff Pearlman, and "Where Men Win Glory" by Jon Krakauer

-Other than my standard two Diet Mt. Dews each day at work, I'm drinking nothin' but Arnold Palmers from now through Labor Day. Arnold Palmer...The Official Summer Drink of King Llama.

Out.
Totally enjoyed reading this, and sharing your upcoming DL excitement with you! :)

Probably won't go see it, but that Baby Groot @ WDW is REALLY adorable!!!

I personally can't WAIT for the new Pirates!! <drool, drool>
I won't be seeing the Pirates film. I didn't like the other ones, but I loved the trailer for the new Star Wars and the new Kingsmen movie. I have to see Cars 3. It will be the first time I have taken any of my kids to a movie theater. They are so excited.

I won't be seeing the Pirates film. I didn't like the other ones, but I loved the trailer for the new Star Wars and the new Kingsmen movie. I have to see Cars 3. It will be the first time I have taken any of my kids to a movie theater. They are so excited.
Will def see Cars 3 too. Did not see the other 2 Cars for a LONG time because I thought I wouldn't like them, and was surprised how enjoyable I found them! Had exactly the same feelings about Wreck It Ralph.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter