Universal Studios DAS Pass?

colormegreen

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I have only been once and my 7 year old is asking to go again. Is anyone familiar on how their version of DAS pass work?

I tried contacting them but they gave me the roundabout that it’s individualized and I’ll get more info once in the park. I don’t want to go if I’ll be having trouble getting it. Or at least without the front of the line option ticket which I’d like to buy before buying the regular ticket.

My son can get overstimulated and he can have an episode and our last trip ended in disaster, but it was before his diagnosis so I didn’t think of getting it that time. The mornings are usually fine which is always a concern of being denied as he “looks” neurotypical.

A cast member at Disneyland once questioned it even with explaining the behavior issue until I offered the diagnosis report I keep in my email. They didn’t look at it, but has since made me anxious when needing to request them.

Hi,

I have only been once and my 7 year old is asking to go again. Is anyone familiar on how their version of DAS pass work?

I tried contacting them but they gave me the roundabout that it’s individualized and I’ll get more info once in the park. I don’t want to go if I’ll be having trouble getting it. Or at least without the front of the line option ticket which I’d like to buy before buying the regular ticket.

My son can get overstimulated and he can have an episode and our last trip ended in disaster, but it was before his diagnosis so I didn’t think of getting it that time. The mornings are usually fine which is always a concern of being denied as he “looks” neurotypical.

A cast member at Disneyland once questioned it even with explaining the behavior issue until I offered the diagnosis report I keep in my email. They didn’t look at it, but has since made me anxious when needing to request them.

There is a really good article that covers everything and is recently updated over at UT: https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/universal-studios-hollywood-guest-assistance-pass-gap/

It's a little more old school than the way Disney does it, because it's a card that you have to keep track of and it's not on your phone. But, they should not question the reasons why you need it. Just go directly to Guest Relations when you get in the park and they'll get you the card. Then you just have to get a return time at each attraction.

I'm not a huge fan of how they handle ECVs/wheelchairs there after a visit in October with my dad who has mobility issues. But, you should be fine with using the assistance pass since yours is not for mobility reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter