Unconfirmed News - Blue monorail malfunctions, several non-life threatening injuries reported

Seems plausible..happens on old and busted public transport and the monorail is pretty close to that now in days.

I can confirm the monorail doors did abruptly shut last Thursday as we waited in line for the express monorail. I did not see anyone seriously injured or stuck in the doors. I did see what appeared to be supervisors talking to people (who I assume may have been struck by the doors as they unexpectedly closed). They did at that time shut the express line down and directed everyone waiting in line to board the ferry. We chose to hop on the resort monorail. Once they got the doors opened on the blue monorail they sent the people onboard it across the platform to board the resort monorail that had arrived.

Honestly it didn’t seem like that big of a deal at the time other than the inconvenience for the people who were momentarily stuck on the blue monorail while they reset the doors and everyone waiting who had to then take the ferry or resort monorail. It never crossed my mind to post it here but then I stumbled across this thread last night. Since we had to wait for the resort monorail to arrive (and then sat there while they opened the doors on the other side to let those removed from the malfunctioning monorail) I got a pretty good look at the situation. There were no paramedics/first responders that would be required if someone was significantly hurt and the guests talking to what appears to be a supervisor (casual dress clothes with name tags not monorail uniforms) were smiling as they talked and seemed ok too.

Glad no one appeared to be injured. I would be very freaked out about being caught (even momentarily) in the monorail door. A woman in Chicago got caught in the doors of the El (subway train basically) and lost the use of her legs when she got dragged many years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter