Unbanking points

TinkB278

DIS Veteran
Hi all. I apologize as I’m sure this has been asked a million times before. I just had to cancel a couple trips for the end of this year due to having a soon to be two year old who will not wear a mask. I am planning on banking my 2020 points into 2021. I know it isn’t normally allowed but under the current rules is it possible to un-bank these points in the off chance we can travel due to Covid miraculously getting better and airline/WDW mask rules being lifted by the end of the year? Thanks so much!

Hi all. I apologize as I’m sure this has been asked a million times before. I just had to cancel a couple trips for the end of this year due to having a soon to be two year old who will not wear a mask. I am planning on banking my 2020 points into 2021. I know it isn’t normally allowed but under the current rules is it possible to un-bank these points in the off chance we can travel due to Covid miraculously getting better and airline/WDW mask rules being lifted by the end of the year? Thanks so much!
There have been no exceptions to the banking rules. Once banked, points stay in the UY they were banked into.

No but you can't wait right until the end of your banking window in case it improves to where you feel comfortable. Or you are allowed to borrow up to 50% of next years points which would allow you to book a trip if you decided you want to.

We have to postpone our August trip for the second time (first time April 2020) due entirely to not being allowed to travel abroad due to covid restrictions and I feel so sad we will lose 282 points we used from June 2020 UY. We cant go early next year so would be August . Gutted

We have to postpone our August trip for the second time (first time April 2020) due entirely to not being allowed to travel abroad due to covid restrictions and I feel so sad we will lose 282 points we used from June 2020 UY. We cant go early next year so would be August . Gutted

There are reports for international owners of extensions, but it sounds like only until May 2022, so that won’t help you.

But, it never hurts to ask if they will extend further?

I just read that on another thread, thank you. I will call and ask nicely. Its just an exact replacement of our booking

There are reports for international owners of extensions, but it sounds like only until May 2022, so that won’t help you.

But, it never hurts to ask if they will extend further?
I've tried to call on many occasions but they are so busy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter