Unable to get through for THIRTEEN hours on the website...

KashasMom

DIS Veteran
Trying to book a hotel for April and have been getting this message for THIRTEEN hours!! This is just INSANE!

The Tokyo Disney Resort · Online Booking · Purchasing Site is currently inaccessible because it is very crowded.
Please wait for a while and access it again.

Trying to book a hotel for April and have been getting this message for THIRTEEN hours!! This is just INSANE!

The Tokyo Disney Resort · Online Booking · Purchasing Site is currently inaccessible because it is very crowded.
Please wait for a while and access it again.
I use a VPN to set my location to Japan. It seems to help.

Are you just refreshing on the error page? If so, you will never get anything but the error page because it's the result of a hard redirect. You have to go out to the main site & click back in each time.

Are you just refreshing on the error page? If so, you will never get anything but the error page because it's the result of a hard redirect. You have to go out to the main site & click back in each time.

No, I am not refreshing. I am using different browsers, different computers, and a VPN. Still not getting all the way through. I'm not happy. Looks like I'll end up saving myself thousands of dollars since we won't likely get the hotel room we want. I don't understand why this has to be so difficult. It would be great if there was an actual U.S. site to book.

No, I am not refreshing. I am using different browsers, different computers, and a VPN. Still not getting all the way through. I'm not happy. Looks like I'll end up saving myself thousands of dollars since we won't likely get the hotel room we want. I don't understand why this has to be so difficult. It would be great if there was an actual U.S. site to book.
It does seem to be busier than usual today. We are trying to do a goods pre-order for January & can’t even log in.

TDR is owned by a Japanese company (not by “Disney” as most people would think of it) & foreigners represent a really, really small percentage of visitors every year. That’s why Japanese traffic is prioritized. So, although it’s annoying, there is a reason for it being the way it is. As I said, though, I live here & I can’t get through either :laughing: So, it’s possible the room you hoped for will still be available in the end. I hope you’re able to book very soon.

It does seem to be busier than usual today. We are trying to do a goods pre-order for January & can’t even log in.

TDR is owned by a Japanese company (not by “Disney” as most people would think of it) & foreigners represent a really, really small percentage of visitors every year. That’s why Japanese traffic is prioritized. So, although it’s annoying, there is a reason for it being the way it is. As I said, though, I live here & I can’t get through either :laughing: So, it’s possible the room you hoped for will still be available in the end. I hope you’re able to book very soon.

I was able to get in this morning. The room I really wanted was gone. Managed to book something else that is okay.

Now I am stressed about booking for early July. Is it peak season? Is it harder to book the onsite hotels for July? We have two people travelling. TIA!

Now I am stressed about booking for early July. Is it peak season? Is it harder to book the onsite hotels for July? We have two people travelling. TIA!
No, it's not too bad. It's moderately busy. The earlier in the month you are going, the better.

The website issues experienced in this thread were unusual & resulted in emergency maintenance. Hopefully you won't have any issues!

No, it's not too bad. It's moderately busy. The earlier in the month you are going, the better.

The website issues experienced in this thread were unusual & resulted in emergency maintenance. Hopefully you won't have any issues!
Thank you MKTokyo! You have been a wonderful help!! Really appreciate your taking the time to reply all my inquiries!

:thanks:

sorry but this is not a reply, but a question. planning a trip in 2020 and it seems like it is almost impossible for an a person living in America to have a smooth booking experience. I have asked this question in a post and received no real answers. should i just use a travel agent. I found one that is a Japanese travel agent with satalite offices in America. Does anyone think this would make my experiece any easier?

sorry but this is not a reply, but a question. planning a trip in 2020 and it seems like it is almost impossible for an a person living in America to have a smooth booking experience. I have asked this question in a post and received no real answers. should i just use a travel agent. I found one that is a Japanese travel agent with satalite offices in America. Does anyone think this would make my experiece any easier?
I’ve never used one, but probably not. It depends on whether or not the TA in question has the ability to book TDR. Not all Japanese travel agents are able to do it. It also depends on how those American satellite offices are run. If they’re run the way a traditional Japanese company is run, that would be a problem for you. The reason for this is that bookings open at 11 AM JST. If that time in the US falls outside the “open” hours of the travel agent, they’re not going to be booking anything for you until they do open, and by that time all the popular rooms will be gone.

I will say again that the issues experienced in this thread were unusual. Most people don’t have such a stressful time.

Today is my booking day and I started trying yesterday to test it. 7 pm was my local time for opening. Logged in at 7:05, got the same message as above. Continued trying for another 4.5 hours, same thing. Woke up this morning and tried once more, twelve hours from the time I started - same thing. Unfortunately this doesn’t seem that isolated. :(

I don’t know how a vpn would work, as the only one I have is for work. But I tried different browsers, deleted cookies, etc. and it still didn’t work.

For anyone on FB - the group Japan Travel Planning is fantastic! So much helpful information. Also check out TDR Explorer. He has a lot of good specific Disney info.

Yesterday I tried the English site and it was too crowded. Then I tried the Japanese site and I was able to get in. There are a lot more vacation packages for choosing. But once I selected I was out of Japan at the end, it reverted me to the English site. Can foreigners book from the Japanese site?

Yesterday I tried the English site and it was too crowded. Then I tried the Japanese site and I was able to get in. There are a lot more vacation packages for choosing. But once I selected I was out of Japan at the end, it reverted me to the English site. Can foreigners book from the Japanese site?
No.

Update: I got the reservation I wanted with no problems!

I was able to log in this morning from my work computer, technically about 14 hours from when the window opened. When I was getting ready for my booking later in the day, I noticed my home laptop was still showing the too-crowded error. At the same time, I logged into my work laptop and it took me to a different page that I was able to log into. When I was getting the error, I was going to the main resort site and clicking Hotels. But somehow I got to a different URL on the other computer that took me to the login page. I ended up doing everything on my work computer and had zero problems. When it did the Visa verification, it texted a code to me that I had to enter and it went through.

Now I get to wait a month and do it again because I have to add another night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter