*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know but we'll all be there at that point vs trying to figure out when we'd be there another time. Also not planning on spending a ton of time in Epcot at this point.

That’s what I was thinking, if I’m there (and there’s no other main events happening) then ‘Bosh’ get it done, get out and leave a trail of worked out clues behind me.

:car::car::car::car::car::car:

It looks like you still have our old plans. We are doing a split stay, Poly 8/1-8/6 and Contemporary 8/6-8/12. It will be myself, DW, DS 18 and DD 12. We are interested in the Welcome Party preferably at Contemporary , Nomad Lounge pre-party, and a bar crawl. We are also planning on attending The 8/8 DVC Moonlight Magic event. Also wondering if there is any interest for people coming in earlier to meet at Trader Sam's for drinks.

oops, sorry about that - I updated it now, hope I have it correct

I know a few people have mentioned about a welcome event at the Contemporary and happy to help set up a separate one .... I know several of us are planning to head to the Contemporary after the breakfast in MK on the 7th to register so we could have a "pre-welcome event, welcome event" at the Contemporary at like 1pm or something on 8/7

As for Trader Sam's, I know we are planning to go there once or twice during our trip and trying to figure out when. seeing potential for Friday afternoon / evening before the Hoop Dee Doo event and/or early afternoon on Saturday

As for Thursday before the DVC event, I am thinking that could be a good time for the Bar Crawl (starting like Happy Hour time of 4/4:30ish) - be it on the Skyliner if open or could do Monorail based (if so, could include Trader Sam's) or Boardwalk Based

@TheMaxRebo after changing my hotel plans about 10 times (as per usual), I think I'm done. Now that fastpass day is almost here I won't change it around anymore and risk those getting messed up. I don't trust Disney IT to keep my fastpasses if I switch resorts under this new fp cancellation system.

I'll be at the contemporary 8/6-8/11 and then pop 8/11-8/15.

Is anyone having trouble accessing their plans in the MDE. I've been unable to get in for about a week now. I so dread calling Disney IT. o_O

Doug :goofy:

@TheMaxRebo after changing my hotel plans about 10 times (as per usual), I think I'm done. Now that fastpass day is almost here I won't change it around anymore and risk those getting messed up. I don't trust Disney IT to keep my fastpasses if I switch resorts under this new fp cancellation system.

I'll be at the contemporary 8/6-8/11 and then pop 8/11-8/15.

ok - got it updated! and i hear you about Disney IT ... seems like a lot of challenges with this "magic band upgrade" option that just rolled out (as just the latest example)

Is anyone having trouble accessing their plans in the MDE. I've been unable to get in for about a week now. I so dread calling Disney IT. o_O

I haven't checked today but I know I have in the last few days and it seemed fine. If you are still having issues might be worth calling

I finally got my ticket linked to MDE and I have enough days to cover for the whole trip!! I also have 6 experience days remaining for mini golf, regular golf and water parks. I am thinking I may try to get to a water park my last full day in Disney. I was going to go to DS, but I can do that later in the day and go to lay in the lazy river for a couple of hours...LOL!!!

Since I have never been to a Disney water park, which one would you pick?? I am not one to ride all the slides, but I would be willing to try one or two. I am more of a lazy river/wave pool type of person.

I finally got my ticket linked to MDE and I have enough days to cover for the whole trip!! I also have 6 experience days remaining for mini golf, regular golf and water parks. I am thinking I may try to get to a water park my last full day in Disney. I was going to go to DS, but I can do that later in the day and go to lay in the lazy river for a couple of hours...LOL!!!

Since I have never been to a Disney water park, which one would you pick?? I am not one to ride all the slides, but I would be willing to try one or two. I am more of a lazy river/wave pool type of person.

They are honestly pretty similar so if you really like the theme of one vs the other then just go with that one

Big difference, to me, is Typhoon Lagoon has the huge wave pool that will often have big waves for like body surfing, etc. where as Blizzard Beach's is a bit smaller and has only smaller waves. Typhoon Lagoon has a better bar and has the new Miss Adventure Falls ride. I think there are more slides and just things to do at Blizzard Beach though (and BB has like a big kid/teen area - though, likely not relevant for you)

I would say, unless the idea of those bigger waves is a turnoff go to Typhoon Lagoon - but really, both are pretty good

I haven't checked today but I know I have in the last few days and it seemed fine. If you are still having issues might be worth calling
Still failing........Ahhh there goes my weekend......on the phone with Disney IT o_O

If I don't get into the 08/08 MoolightMagic party, I'll probably do a bar crawl or other something to hang out with folks.
Yay!

At least in the past those Moonlight Magic events have been later in the evening so I was thinking we could at least start the bar crawl early that day and then maybe people can "hop on/hop off" and those that want to can keep it going later (but those going to the DVC event can do the early segment)

Who is staying where/when?

All Stars Movies:

- @mcnealrkn - 8/6 - 8/13
- @Michele&Jessica (Michele) - 8/3 - 8/13
- @Tiggerette - 8/7

Animal Kingdom Lodge (Kidani and Jambo House):
- @TheMaxRebo (Phil) and wife (Judi) - 8/11 - 8/13
- @Nanb and sister - 8/8 - 8/12
- @Gehrig1B (Gene) and wife (Becky) - 8/6 - 8/12
- @isabellea with husband and 2 daughters (7 and 9) - but solo for the party) - 8/10 - 8/12
- @3cmom and husband and son (10) - 8/8 - 8/12
- @czechplz with 3 other adults - 8/5 - 8/13
- @Maytulip32
- @APiratesLifeForMe2 and husband and 2 friends - 8/8 - 8/11
- @met19
- @wariokartel and wife - 8/8 - 8/11

Art of Animation:

Bay Lake Tower:

- @apurplebrat - 8/7 - 8/13 (split stay with Beach Club Villas)
- @Carma3 with sister (@ewrtomco) and mother (Rose) - 8/6 -8/12
- @dina444444 - 8/6 - 8/12
- @disneyholic family (Beth) and daughter @Mickeymouseisking (Chani) - 8/6 - 8/20
- @poohj80 (PJ) - dates TBD
- @Zatrina (split stay with Boardwalk Villas)
- @TXMemaw and husband - 8/8 - ?

Beach Club & Beach Club Villas:
- @apurplebrat - 8/7 - 8/13 (split stay with Bay Lake Tower)
- @AMusicLifeForMe and his Dad - 8/7 - 8/12
- @sbenemerito (Shanda) husband (Alvin) and sons AJ (16) and Dylan (13) - 8/7 - 8/11

Boardwalk Inn & Villas:
- @bartleyosu (Crystal) at Villas - 8/5 -8/12 (for now, may switch to POP)
- @auntfrannie at Inn - 8/6 - 8/13
- @Zatrina (split stay with BLT)
- @jennie622 at Villas - 8/7 - 12
- @travelinjenn (Jenn) and Husband (Joe) and Daughter (Sophie 17) - 8/7-8/9
- @skittles67 (Prescilla) and her Husband (Tim) - 8/9 - 8/13

Caribbean Beach Resort:
- @k8Davies - 8/6 - 8/12

Contemporary:
- @Cousin Orville - 8/8 - 8/11
- @Ladyfish77 and husband and son (23) - 8/10 - 8/11
- @Aerin75 (Carrie) and Roomie - 88/ - 8/11
- @Ravens girl - 8/6 - 8/12 (Kay-Marie)
- @Braddy007 (Brad) and wife (Jamie) - 8/7 - 8/11
- @travelinjenn (Jenn) and Husband (Joe) and Daughter (Sophie 17) - 8/10-8/11
- @ob1thx1138 (Trish) and Husband (Jon) - 8/7 -8/11
- @DanielleC - 8/7 - 8/11
- @Idaho Mouse and wife and kids (DS 18, DD 12) - 8/6 - 8/12
- @SG131 (solo) - 8/6 - 8-11

Coronado:
- @ChimneyJim (Michael) and wife (Susana) and son (11) and daughter (10) - 8/6 - 8/11
- @PrncessA with family and friends - 8/3 - 8/11
- @cmarsh31 (Carly) with husband, and kids (DS 14 & DD 11) - 8/8 - 8/12

Grand Floridian:

Old Key West:
- @Ron from Michigan and wife (Tina) - split stay with Poly - 8/4 - 8/12

Polynesian:
- @Tiggerette - 8/8 - /12
- @Ron from Michigan and wife (Tina) - split stay with OKW - 8/4 - 8/12
- @Idaho Mouse and wife and kids (DS 18, DD 12) - 8/1 - 8/6

Port Orleans FQ:
- @thiabelle (Cynthia) and her daughter (18) - 8/7 - 8/11
- @wiihoo888 (Lori) and her Husband (Mike) - 8/7 - 8/11
- @Bedsypoppins and husband - 8/9 - 8/11
- @NWasikWare and sister Kate - 8/6 - 8/12
- @troy63 and son - 8/6 - 8/14

Port Orleans Riverside:
- @ReelRedHead - 8/2 - 8/15
- @YesterDark and family (including 3 small kids and his mom) - 8/8 - 8/14

POP Century:
- @TheMaxRebo (Phil) and wife (Judi) - 8/6 - 8/11
- @SG131 (solo) - 8/11 - 8-15
- @wnwardii - 8/6 - 8/12
- @afan - 8/7 - 8/12
- @dkrauss (Doug) and wife (Donna) - 8/6 - 8/12
- @Malia78 - 8/6 - 8/11
- @gberg (Glen) - 8/3 - 8/12
- @WorldExplorer - 8/6 - 8/12
- @javaman - 8/6 - 8/12
- @pSTANchio and wife (Grace) - 8/6 - 8/13
- @Sylver - 8/5 - 8/13
- @rchristiansen (Becky) and husband (Jeff) and daughter (16) - 8/6 - 8/12
- @Kathleen Glasgow - 8/8 - 8/11
- @PolkaDotPanda (Casey) and husband (Ryan) - 8/7 - 8/12
- @Dennis McEwen - 8/7 - 8/12
- @1Grumpy9 - 8/8 - 8/13

Saratoga Springs:
- @CynthiaC925 - 8/7 - 8/12
- @skittles67 (Prescilla) and her Husband (Tim) - 8/7-8/9 and 8/13 - 8/17

Shades of Green:
- @Ladyfish77 and husband and son (23) - 8/3 - 8/10
- @115belladonna - 8/7 -8/12

Yact Club:
- @MaryKatesMom (Beth) and her husband (Dave) - 8/8 - 8/11

Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek:

Off Property:
- @Enorto1 and her mom - 8/6 - 8/13 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek)
- @disneysteve and wife and daughter (23) - 8/6-8/16 (Windsor Palms)
- @datadoc_5 and wife - moving to area in December
- @NeuroCindy
- @Kathleen Glasgow - 8/6 - 8/9

TBD:
- @Maytulip32 and her husband
- @PamNC - 8/7 - 8/12

Car Pool Information:

Potential drivers:

@dina444444 @wnwardii @AMusicLifeForMe @NeuroCindy @Vernon Wolfe @Aerin75 @thiabelle

Can you change my arrival to 8/6 at the Contemporary? I decided to come over on Tuesday night instead of getting up way to early on the 7th.

Last edited:
Does anyone doing the GG breakfast want to do a team for the scavenger hunt since we'll be in the park together so there's less coordination to make it work?

ETA we could be team garden grillers :rotfl2:

I’d love to join the GG team. I’ll practice up on my trivia skills.

With our FP day fast approaching I've begun to put together our plan. There's really only 2 FP's that are important this trip, those being Test Track of August 6th (before the event begins) and Slinky Dog tentatively looking for Thursday evening after dinner on the 8th. We have 3 days in the MK, at least, during this trip so I don't anticipate a problem there other than setting up the FP's for after the live show (hoping its at the Contemporary :earboy2:) Everything else is flexible...…..since we have hoppers for this trip we can maneuver around parks. Really looking forward to hanging out with Cory, Craig, and Ryno at some particular drinking establishment during the trip...…..but we'll see.

How are you handling FP's?

With our FP day fast approaching I've begun to put together our plan. There's really only 2 FP's that are important this trip, those being Test Track of August 6th (before the event begins) and Slinky Dog tentatively looking for Thursday evening after dinner on the 8th. We have 3 days in the MK, at least, during this trip so I don't anticipate a problem there other than setting up the FP's for after the live show (hoping its at the Contemporary :earboy2:) Everything else is flexible...…..since we have hoppers for this trip we can maneuver around parks. Really looking forward to hanging out with Cory, Craig, and Ryno at some particular drinking establishment during the trip...…..but we'll see.

How are you handling FP's?

Sort of like you in just picking out one or two key ones and then not worrying about the others

For past events I know they did not plan other smaller meets for the same day as the main party - so in this case Saturday. So I am thinking of doing DHS that morning and trying to get Slinky Dog FP for then. Otherwise, not really worried. Helps that getting Flight of Passage isn't as key with the party allowing access to that ride

Sort of like you in just picking out one or two key ones and then not worrying about the others

….. So I am thinking of doing DHS that morning and trying to get Slinky Dog FP for then. Otherwise, not really worried. Helps that getting Flight of Passage isn't as key with the party allowing access to that ride
We're planning AK on party day.....we've got a Tusker House breakfast.....we'll do the park until 3pm and have a light dinner, probably at PoP......rest up until the gathering at Nomad Lounge.....expect to be there around 8pm.

There does seem to be pressure off, as you say, since FOP isn't a required FP this trip :earsboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter