Uber drop off at the Market Place?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Looking at the new Disney Springs map, a "Ride Share area" is not only on the West side but close to the Market Place too. Can Uber now drop you off at the Market place?

According to the Uber driver page, drop offs are on the West Side. They can pickup at either the West Side or Marketplace.

According to the Uber driver page, drop offs are on the West Side. They can pickup at either the West Side or Marketplace.
Oh, ok. Thanks. That means take the Uber to POFQ for a drop off at the Marketplace.

I was picked up on the Marketplace side in March. I asked my driver specifically if she could drop off on the Marketplace side and she said yes. She had just dropped a family off and picked up my ride right away.

But I just had a friend who used Uber to DS and she was dropped off on the West Side. She asked for Marketplace and was told she had to be dropped off there.

Would love clarification since I am planning on Uber next month to Disney Springs and want the Marketplace side.

According to the Uber drivers website for Orlando, pickups can be made at either the Marketplace or West Side, but dropoffs are supposed to only be made at West Side.

That said, you could enter your destination as one of the hotels in the Disney Springs area and have the driver actually drop you off across the street from the Marketplace. Then just walk over, similar to walking from the Contemporary to MK.

According to the Uber drivers website for Orlando, pickups can be made at either the Marketplace or West Side, but dropoffs are supposed to only be made at West Side.

That said, you could enter your destination as one of the hotels in the Disney Springs area and have the driver actually drop you off across the street from the Marketplace. Then just walk over, similar to walking from the Contemporary to MK.
Hmmmm, this might be a consideration. But I do like the boat ride from the Port Orleans resorts. Those boats start at like 10 in the morning, right? The same time the shops open?

Oh, ok. Thanks. That means take the Uber to POFQ for a drop off at the Marketplace.

You mean by taking the boat from POFQ? I will warn that the boat can take a solid 25-30 minutes. Its slow moving. Add more if there's a wait or you're going during the day. It would be faster to make the walk from the West Side. Or otherwise, Uber to Saratoga Springs and walk from there. The walking path takes you to where the boat dock is on the Marketplace side.

If you're staying onsite, the Disney Springs bus will drop off at Town Center which is pretty centrally located, making for an easier walk to the Marketplace side than a West Side drop off would be.

We always use Ride Share to DS as the bus system at DS is horrific.
I've found that every driver we've ever gotten will drop us wherever we want, their idea not ours. They ask where we are going at DS and choose from there. Since they can go to any parking area that a private car would they'll choose something. The best for our options is often the Orange parking garage. There are plenty of places to pull off and drop someone safely.
For return we use the pick up points closest to us as set by the service.

Just so you know, that's not going to save you anything, walking or time. Great if you just wanna ride the boat

We always use Ride Share to DS as the bus system at DS is horrific.
I've found that every driver we've ever gotten will drop us wherever we want, their idea not ours. They ask where we are going at DS and choose from there. Since they can go to any parking area that a private car would they'll choose something. The best for our options is often the Orange parking garage. There are plenty of places to pull off and drop someone safely.
For return we use the pick up points closest to us as set by the service.
Yes, I can not stand bus service to DS. We like the Marketplace for the most part and hate being dropped off in the middle of things.

Yes, I can not stand bus service to DS. We like the Marketplace for the most part and hate being dropped off in the middle of things.

We feel the same way!!! Hate the buses to DS. In March, my friends had their car so we drove over to Disney Springs from Epcot. When leaving, I did not want them to have to take me back to Kidani since they were at BLT (although they were more than happy to do so), so I used Uber from the Marketplace side and it was great. Am hoping to be dropped on that side too since that is where we actually want to be and my Mom plans to leave the scooter at the resort when we go (we'll be going very slow and stopping a lot I am sure but we are in no hurry).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter