Tusker House in May

Cloudboy

Mouseketeer
Will be in the Animal Kingdom next Sunday (the 12th of May). We don't have any dining reservations for that day. How is the crowd level for Tusker House for lunch during this period? There are no advanced reservations left, but I was wondering if it is even worth it to check on a standby for lunch or just plan on going somewhere else. It is not like anyone really wants to go there, just that it sounds like the only option within the parks that is going to have something for everyone in our group.

Will be in the Animal Kingdom next Sunday (the 12th of May). We don't have any dining reservations for that day. How is the crowd level for Tusker House for lunch during this period? There are no advanced reservations left, but I was wondering if it is even worth it to check on a standby for lunch or just plan on going somewhere else. It is not like anyone really wants to go there, just that it sounds like the only option within the parks that is going to have something for everyone in our group.

Did you mean Saturday or Sunday, because the 12th is Saturday, Sunday is Mother's Day it would be the 13th?

Mother's Day weekend, very busy most likely, especially if you aren't finding any reservations right now.

Keep checking if you can get a reservation somewhere, it would be frustrating to be walking around (and hungry) and get turned away at one or more places.

I'm pretty sure people do like to go there. The characters are very cute in their safari outfits, the food is pretty good for a buffet. People don't just drop that kind of money on a place they don't want to eat at right?

You might want to sign up on Touring Plans to look for an ADR that weekend. With Mothers Day I am betting a ton of people have made multiple ADR's while they make up their minds on what park to visit.

Highly unlikely to get a walk-up. Keep checking for an ADR, especially the night before when a lot of people cancel. Also, set up an ADR alert with Touring Plans.

Yes, the 13th, not the 12th. Shoot, forgot about that.

Frankly we will probably end up doing fast food or just leaving the park in that case. Oh for the days when Disney Dining was manageable!

We did manage to get an ADR. Personally I was not impressed. Been several years since I ate there (in fact I think before they had the Characters), but I remember the food being a lot better. It could also have just been an off day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter