Delete Thread

Is there anything available for your Sunday? I think we grabbed one of the last slots on ours.

No :( But I've been stalking the Disney website and have TP resevation finder in progress :) A few days ago I realized its Mothers Day on our Sunday, so I'm sure that adds to the demand :o

It's so good! (And apparently not a common thing because someone else told me they had never heard of it). Here's a recipe that I imagine is similar to what my dad makes, I know there's sweet versions but the one he makes isn't sweet: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/corn-pudding

MMMm I'm totally making this next Thanksgiving!! Thanks for the recipe!!

:scratchin well if you say so! Can you tell I don't want to go? :rotfl:

lol!! I don't think its necessary at all :lovestruc

No :( But I've been stalking the Disney website and have TP resevation finder in progress :) A few days ago I realized its Mothers Day on our Sunday, so I'm sure that adds to the demand :o

Oh yeah that’s definitely why. You might have trouble finding one on that Sun :oops:

MMMm I'm totally making this next Thanksgiving!! Thanks for the recipe!!

No problem! I’m not sure how close that is to my dad’s recipe but it’s really good! It does take forever to properly cook though.

lol!! I don't think its necessary at all :lovestruc

Me either!

tNLMeYpl.jpg

I'm shocked. :P

Now I'm debating if we should do Garden Grill or Boma breakfast. (I guess it depends where we decide to go that day).

Ooohh...tough call... I think you're right about deciding based on where you're planning to go that day.

Josh has a 6 day non hopper ticket (just bought this weekend on UT to avoid the price increase :thumbsup2)

Smart!! I was following the predictions for price increases, and feeling glad that Nathan and I both renewed our annual passes last month.

Pineapple Promenade
Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade (Non-alcoholic)

Duh.

I haven't included any other planned trips this year in this PTR yet, but our next planned trip will be a long weekend for HHN and F&W again.

Yay!! I'm not surprised though—you and Josh just seem like Halloween Orlando People, really. It's SUCH a good time to go. I really want to try it sometime.

Breakfast tots topped with bacon, egg, cheese, and chipotle sauce

B9pW3zVl.jpg

Oh my goodness, yum...

They also finally released Flower & Garden menus!
I've been purposely avoiding these... I think I'd just go down a rabbit hole and not come back for days :rotfl:

Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade (Non-alcoholic)
Yes! I think I remember we share a love for this? :thumbsup2

LOVE your YouTube anniversary video! The edits are awesome ::yes:: I recognize some of the people... and not just you and Josh :laughing:

Love the 1 year anniversary video! I have always wondered about those edible dough places, did it actually taste like cookie dough?!

Yikes I haven't updated this PTR in about 3 weeks! :eek:
This is how I feel all the time...
and then for our night at Disney I booked The Dolphin!
We've really liked the Dolphin! Though we don't really have any Disney deluxes to compare it too. But I thought the beds/pillows were better than BLT...
But a couple weeks ago when it was a bit warmer we went to the mall, and had lunch at The Standard again (if you remember from last year in the May PTR I call it the Faux Brown Derby). Well this was our last chance for that restaurant, because the food and service was so bad I didn't even want to post about it :crazy2: Let's just say the food was gross and the waitress didn't bring us things we needed or come back to the table once. My dad also took me and my brother to his favorite restaurant where we had a meal that left me wondering why he goes there so often, and we had a waitress that completely ignored us once we were seated to talk to people at the bar area :rotfl: So much bad luck with restaurants these last few weeks so I decided to not show you gross food, but to show you some food highlights instead!
Bad luck! That makes me laugh about your dad's choice. Some people are funny about things, right? :rotfl:
I guess the mall had a new edible cookie dough place open. I've always wanted to try one of these, but sadly I couldn't finish this on my own it was just too much.
Shhh... don't tell Zack. I've never been a big cookie dough eater, but only half of his cookie dough ever makes it to the oven...
For instance I'm still debating dining reservations. Since my last post I've given a few restaurants the boot, and I'm deciding between some others. I still have: California Grill brunch, Skippers Canteen, The Plaza, La Hacienda, F&G, Citricos, Yachtsman, Dluxe Burger, Sanaa, and Boma (dinner). But I also added in Homecomin' and 1900 Park Fare (breakfast). Now I'm debating if we should do Garden Grill or Boma breakfast. (I guess it depends where we decide to go that day). Where stuff goes (because I'm not 100% decided on parks yet). And I decided to drop The Edison because the menu doesn't look good for GF eaters and the portions look like they're meant to be shared, which we can't do there. I'm thinking Narcoossees? But I'm not sure if that's too many signatures.
I was looking at Disneyland stuff last night... and I don't know where to eat! I'm at a loss! It's almost worse in that their QS is better (IMO). But dining reservations for our trip just opened. They only do 60ish days there.

I asked Josh if he wanted to do a day at Volcano Bay or the Cali Grill brunch and he agreed the brunch was a way better idea for the price :laughing:

I'm still kicking myself for skipping this in October :sad2: I think you made the right choice here!

The Plaza actually has a new bread pudding, which totally seals the deal for me. Maybe this trip will be a quest for the best bread pudding?

I hadn't heard this. I've always loved The Plaza and we usually eat here every trip but now I'm confused by the way they do the ADRs there :confused3 I'm hoping to sneak in here for lunch in April.

I've heard a rumor TSMM might be closed. If TSMM is open I'm not sure if it's worth it to go for that. We always have fun in HS,

I had to switch around our DHS/MK days in April because of this and now I'm going against the crowd calendar. We were literally planning on being in DHS 4/9 which is the day they stop making FP reservations. I thought it was just the fastpass entrance being moved, I hadn't heard the whole ride was going to be down. Makes me extra glad that I switched now.

we've had waterpark tickets forever. We've never used them, because we aren't waterpark people, but I feel like we should at least go and use them eventually, and May is the only time we go where it will definitely be waterpark weather and we'll have the time.

I love the water parks! Typhoon Lagoon would be my pick :thumbsup2

I decided I wanted to check out the TH "brunch",

I love this, but be prepared to not be hungry for the rest of the day!

and episodes of The OC and Bring It.

Okay, I noticed in my TR that if I type the word, "it," it gets highlighted blue and links to some random page. I see it's doing that in your report too…weird.

I also did my taxes early, and I already know what I'm spending the return on :laughing: (Although some of it isn't too fun). I need new tires and HHN tickets should be on sale soon, anything that's left will probably be for new sneakers and paying towards our hotel in May, but it always feels nice to be able to buy something outright (like the tickets that can be kind of pricey) instead of worrying about it later. (As an aside I can't actually believe we're only one month into the year and already I'm buying things for September, but I'm already so ready for it to be HHN time). :rotfl:

Awesome! I love getting money back, even though the experts say you shouldn't really do it that way, It feels like free money! I'm going to get my taxes done Thursday…can't wait!

The first 2 nights I want to try out Universal's new hotel so I booked Aventura, and then for our night at Disney I booked The Dolphin!

Sounds fun!

0 for HS

They also finally released Flower & Garden menus!
Bauernmarkt

I am also going to skip HS, but also AK. I remember Magic Kingdom and Epcot before the other two parks existed. It was a magical place. The crowds and how Disney is planning to make it feel like at capacity all year round is making me look to other destinations. That being said, i am going to WDW in 56 days because of a workshop for work during Flower and Garden. I have so much more from the outdoor kitchens on my wishlist-moonshine! I will be solo for the first time in over twenty years. Your enthusiam is keeping me positive.

Andrea

Toasted Pretzel Bread topped with Black Forest Ham and Melted Gruyère Cheese
How did I miss this one? I may have to add that to my list of things to try.

Tarte à la Tomate Provençale: Provencal Tomato Tart with Sautéed Onions, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary on a Flaky Pastry Crust (V)
This one too! But I'm not an onion fan, so I'll wait to look at the photo. I'll be at the french booth anyways!

I guess the mall had a new edible cookie dough place open. I've always wanted to try one of these, but sadly I couldn't finish this on my own it was just too much.

Brownie cookie dough:

9n8crmel.jpg
Oooh, yum! I love cookie dough!

I've heard good things about the Dolphin and their beds! I definitely want to stay at YC/BC someday, but I think the Dolphin's price is lower then what we'll see there.
I'm so torn, because I want to stay at more Disney hotels, but the Dolphin and even Swan seem to come up as lower prices a lot... and I'm like, we could spend that extra $XX a night on food, souvenirs... and it's such a great location. Just playing with numbers, the Dolphin was over $1k less for some days I was looking at in September, vs Beach Club which was the lowest I saw right now. Obviously no discounts yet, but we could have Cali Grill Brunch everyday! :rotfl2:

Zack always says he needs to make more money :rotfl:

I've heard their QS is better. I can't wait to try it someday, but choosing restaurants is so hard!
It's so hard! From what I'm remembering, I think their QS is more unique, like it's not just "Chicken strips or burgers plus another entree option." Except in Tomorrowland... I think every park in the world serves burgers in Tomorrowland :rotfl:

And I think DLR is going to be different than two summers ago. It's weird after planning several WDW trips though, that reservations just opened and we don't have to plan FPs ahead. And it's no big deal to hop since the entrances are only a couple hundred feet apart. I added the MaxPass option, which includes photopass but also digital FP, so we can save our feet and not have to run across the park to pull paper FP from the machines...

Everything looks sooo yummy! I did some research and found out that there is a 'melting pot' restaurant within 30-40 min from me! Come to think of it... I'm meeting my middle brother for lunch today, maybe I'll talk him into going there :goodvibes

Southwest flight went on sale for September on Thursday so we're booked!

AWESOME!!

I'm sure when I ask he'll wonder why I'm asking him about Sep in Feb :lmao: #DisneyPlanningProbs #HHNLife

haha love it!
STRAWBERRY BLONDE MARTINI
All-natural Smirnoff Strawberry Vodka, sparkling wine and pineapple juice with strawberry purée.

Well this looks delicious

Southwest flight went on sale for September on Thursday so we're booked!

Awesome! It always seems much more real once the flights are booked. I have to wait until March 8th to book mine for October :cool1:

I just have to make sure it's okay with my boss. (I have Fri/Sat off and I get a comp day in Sep I'd use for Sun, so I just have to be approved for Mon). I don't see why they couldn't get coverage for Monday (especially with so much notice :rotfl:), but I really hope I can get Monday off because if we had to fly back on Sun the flight would be a lot more expensive and we'd lose a day and a half. I wanted to ask him before we open in the morning and today we got busy before we even officially opened. :confused3 I'm sure when I ask he'll wonder why I'm asking him about Sep in Feb :lmao: #DisneyPlanningProbs #HHNLife

Oh jeez, it's just a day. I hope he doesn't give you a hard time. Good luck! I saw this on Instagram last week and it struck something in me, though I think my job is more stressful than most-this is so true for me, I think it's good advice for all:

wp.jpg

This week we celebrated Valentine's Day with a trip to The Melting Pot!

KvECEIil.jpg

Adorable, as usual :-)

LOVE MARTINI
Love at first sip! Malibu Rum, peach schnapps, cranberry juice, and fresh strawberries.

d6g3cRjl.jpg

So pretty!

I also decided with every mini martini I'd take a selfie :rotfl:

download-jpeg.303253

bRn1SI4l.jpg

And you should because you take a really good selfie, unlike old fogies like me :rotfl:

SALTED CARAMEL MOCHATINI
Satisfy your sweet and salty craving with Patrón XO Cafe Dark Cocoa, salted caramel syrup, Baileys and half-and-half.

That looks and sounds delicious, too bad it wasn't!

Tomato & Green Goddess
Cheddar and Emmenthaler Swiss cheeses, Green Goddess, tomatoes, garlic, scallions and hot sauce.

4nljxTpl.jpg

I opted out of the hot sauce, but after eating some I think I should've asked for some. The flavor was pretty mild/plain. It was from the specialty menu and I love the Green Goddess dip they have so I wanted to try, but I wouldn't feel the need to get it again.

Josh got the:

BACON & GORGONZOLA
Butterkäse, Fontina and Gorgonzola melted with white wine, garlic and bacon

DL4RoSil.jpg
Wait wait wait you can get your own cheese course! We had to split one. I could totally eat a whole one myself.

LOVE MARTINI
Love at first sip! Malibu Rum, peach schnapps, cranberry juice, and fresh strawberries.

d6g3cRjl.jpg
I had this one too. So good!

STRAWBERRY BLONDE MARTINI
All-natural Smirnoff Strawberry Vodka, sparkling wine and pineapple juice with strawberry purée.

RXsGRoUl.jpg
Oh that one sounds really good! I wish we had a melting pot closer I’d be there all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter