Trustworthy Pin Sellers

Also wanted to mention a very positive experience with iloveanimation0 on ebay.

I bought a Chip N Dale pin from them, but they wrote and told me it had been misplaced, and they were so distraught about it, they wanted to know what they could do to make it right and make sure I was happy. They offered to replace the pin with another Chip N Dale pin, a LE 250 free of charge. It is a genuine Disney pin. I received it today. This guy Mike is tops. I noticed he was mentioned in other posts, and since people have helped me sort out who is who on ebay, I wanted to share. Many many sellers will not even answer emails so you know something is up!

But iloveanimation0 is terrific.

:mad: I just joined Dis Boards tonight. My sister has been a member for a while. I decided to join because I want to post about this totally lying, hateful, poohead on Ebay that sold me fake pins!

So I just bought some pins on Ebay for the first time. I got a pack of 6 from "elizabethturner", ie. the lame head who is selling fake pins, and they were all counterfeit!! I contacted her and she said that she didn't know anything was wrong with the pins. I can believe maybe 1 slipped passed her but 6? Get Real!! She has over 1000 sales as a pin seller on Ebay so she had to be aware of what she was selling. grrrr! So I am saying buyer beware!! Here name should be printed on here in bright flouresent red if it were possible. :headache: hmph!

Has anyone ese ran into her?

I just received an order from steamtraininc on ebay. I am very happy with my pins! They are PERFECT for trading. :thumbsup2

Is there a list of bad sellers? I just bought from 'Jackaroopins' and he says they are 100% trade-able in DW. If you go to his website he also has pictures of his kids on it so I certainly hope hes a legit seller and not doing wrong especially when he started out trading with his kids.

As a general rule of thumb, any seller that states their pins are "100% tradable in the parks" means that they are usually scrappers. Just because they can get away with being tradable, doesn't mean they are authentic. And, if they come in little plastic baggies, they are more than likely all fake.

Just my experience.

you can add the ebay seller "thewill" to the list of good sellers. His stuff is really nice. I've been very happy with him. Anyone else?

I just received an order from steamtraininc on ebay. I am very happy with my pins! They are PERFECT for trading. :thumbsup2

I have looked at some of the auctions from this seller before, and they made me a bit wary. I think the pins from this seller could be questionable.:confused3

EVERY single one of them has the authentic Disney imprinted stamp on the back. Some even say 1 of x in a set. Now, granted, none of them are the $15-$20 pins, but they are perfect for my kids to enjoy for trading. Also, I looked back thru his feedbacks. The was only *1* negative. And lots of the buys had in the HUNDREDS of feedback, and they were even saying the pins were great. :confused3

EVERY single one of them has the authentic Disney imprinted stamp on the back. Some even say 1 of x in a set. Now, granted, none of them are the $15-$20 pins, but they are perfect for my kids to enjoy for trading. Also, I looked back thru his feedbacks. The was only *1* negative. And lots of the buys had in the HUNDREDS of feedback, and they were even saying the pins were great. :confused3

Look, I'm not trying to start an argument with you on this. Just trying to get some tips out there to others that think they are getting genuine pins, when they aren't. I'm not saying that yours are scrappers, I haven't seen them, and for all I know, they could be real. But just by the statement you said above, about some even say they are first in a set of xx, is a high red flag for scrappers. Do you honestly think that there are going to be first editions in a grab bag of pins that changes weekly? No, they are going to be in someone's serious collection of pins. And every scrapper I have ever seen has been stamped with the disney logo on the back. That is why the sellers that sell scrappers claim that they are 100% tradable in the parks. Just because they are stamped, doesn't mean they are real. Just an FYI. Enjoy trading, its addictive!

Look, I'm not trying to start an argument with you on this. Just trying to get some tips out there to others that think they are getting genuine pins, when they aren't. I'm not saying that yours are scrappers, I haven't seen them, and for all I know, they could be real. But just by the statement you said above, about some even say they are first in a set of xx, is a high red flag for scrappers. Do you honestly think that there are going to be first editions in a grab bag of pins that changes weekly? No, they are going to be in someone's serious collection of pins. And every scrapper I have ever seen has been stamped with the disney logo on the back. That is why the sellers that sell scrappers claim that they are 100% tradable in the parks. Just because they are stamped, doesn't mean they are real. Just an FYI. Enjoy trading, its addictive!

This http://images.google.com/imgres?img...a=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbs=isch:1 is one of the ones I was referring to. It is stamped on the back DISNEY VILLAINS 4 of 5, along with the Disney Trading Pin imprint. Does that mean it is fake?

I am confused. How do they get stamped if they aren't real Disney pins?

taken from dizpins:

Scrappers are pins that were made in the factories in China over the allotment made by Disney. Are they a Disney pin? Yes they are.. but they are pins over and above the allotment "ordered" by Disney. So in essence, they could be called illegally made Disney Pins. Sometimes when the "second illegal run" of the pin is done, there are differences noted, but it can only be known comparing two pins side by side. These pins can also be classified as counterfeits.

Also, if the pin is made for Disney, and there is some error or variation noted, the pin may be "thrown on the floor" to be "discarded". Thus, the term "scrapper", as the pin should have been "scrapped". Unfortunately, they are not discarded and those may be the pins you are seeing being sold. When a pin is made, a mold is used. For whatever reason, the mold is not destroyed, so these pins can be reproduced again. What is happening, is that some overseas factories are making more pins for individuals who ask for them.

Recently, a factory in China has been soliciting individuals not associated with Disney to purchase Disney Pins without the authority of Disney. Included in these e-mails, are images of pins, which are noted below. The e-mail states:

Are you interesting about Disney pins? Our
factory can provide different style Disney pins
to you in stock. We have stock goods so that you
don¡¯t need pay for die charge.

We are slowly putting a warning on Pinpics with these known scrapper pins, and the warning will note:

Please be advised that there are unauthorized versions of these pins being sold from China directly to individuals not associated with Disney. No one can guarantee the authenticity of this pin unless it was purchased directly from Disney.

Every pin released by Disney has the potential of being a scrapper. Once again, no one can guarantee the authenticity of any Disney pin unless it was purchased directly from Disney.

So basically the "stamp" comes from the mold that is used to make the fake pins. Or, a new one is made.

http://www.disneystore.com/pin-sets-a-disney-valentine-pin-set-6-pc/p/1258564/14639/

When there is a set like this, are the pins stamped differently? Like, will they say 1 of 6, 2 of 6, 3 of 6, etc on the back?

I am certainly no expert on pins. My kids have only done this once before, in 2007, so I am basically still learning. I just don't understand how pins can be "conterfeit". :confused3

check out this site. It's great info on scrappers and trading.

http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/scrappers.htm

you can add the ebay seller "thewill" to the list of good sellers. His stuff is really nice. I've been very happy with him. Anyone else?

I've purchased a lot from thewill, always been very happy with what I've recieved and what I paid. :)

I have looked at some of the auctions from this seller before, and they made me a bit wary. I think the pins from this seller could be questionable.:confused3

I agree, I think steamtraininc is selling scrappers. Possibly mixed with good pins but I can't see how anyone with that many pins available would be selling 100% real pins. Also every one of his auctions starts at .99, that's another red flag for me.

http://www.disneystore.com/pin-sets-a-disney-valentine-pin-set-6-pc/p/1258564/14639/

When there is a set like this, are the pins stamped differently? Like, will they say 1 of 6, 2 of 6, 3 of 6, etc on the back?

I am certainly no expert on pins. My kids have only done this once before, in 2007, so I am basically still learning. I just don't understand how pins can be "conterfeit". :confused3

Ok to answer your first question the scrappers get the molds for the pins AND they get the actual pins....they are then able to sell them. Scrapper is the correct term for a fake Disney pin, it's called a scrapper because it did not pass QC and was supposed to be scrapped. Employees of the factories were taking these pins and selling them. NOW the scrappers are getting their hands on the molds as well so the fakes are getting better.

As for your 2nd question, yes, when you get a set like that they normally say 1 of 5 or 2 of 10 or whatever the set size is. But those backstamps can be faked so it might look legit but not be.

kkhworth, I highly suggest you go check out the other thread here that's titled "good/bad ebayers" it's much more informative and goes into depth regarding scrappers and sellers.

My 4 year old Daughter and I have been trading pins for about a year now and in that time I have come to the conclusion that each pin collector is going to have to determine for themselves the morals and ethics surrounding scrap pins.

With the above said, I HAVE seen if full view of the public "PRO PIN" traders trading with cast members pins that are notorius as known scrapper pins. You will find deviant behaivor in all walks of life and you can certainly find it in of all places, Disney pin trading. It is unavoidable when someone tries to place a $ value on something.

You only have to watch maybe a few ebay pin lot auctions to find that these lots are a hot commodity. I have to believe that this demand for cheap pins is NOT driven by folks new to pin trading but maybe by the very same folks that are yelling the loudest against them, other serious collectors

To this day the pin trading guidlines remain as such. Pins must be metal, in good overall shape and have the Disney copyright logo. It must portray a Disney event, character, or attraction. as collectors we cannot expect Disney to control scrap pins. I certainly cannot control what others spend their money on. If you want to buy pin lots from ebay to make your experiences with children more enjoyable, then I say fire away. I would believe that 99.999989% of pin traders/collectors have knowingly traded a scrapper pin.

I don't think that ebay lot sellers are all that deviant. Not any more than some of the rude, "take a pin off of a sleeping baby's lanyard" collectors I have run across. All the pin lot auctions I have seen indicate they are fully tradeable and actually fall within Disney's trading guidelines, regardless of their origins.

Another point, collectors are in direct control of their collections. No one is forcing unauthorized pins into anyones collection. I often hear folks say that CM lanyards are full of scrapper pins and I say, don't trade for them then. Tell the CM your suspicions and maybe they will remove the pin.

lastly, to my Daughter and I, ain't no way i'm ever going to know the difference between scrapper and a real pin. To my Daughter, a Tinkerbell pin is just that, a Tinkerbell pin, regardless if it was lying on the floor at factory in China.......We all have to make our own decisions. I also know that just because Disney CM will trade scrap pins with guests doesn't make buying cheap Ebay pins right, But I will say that I have purchased lots from some of the good pin sellers and the bad. I have traded Alot of those pins, kept alot of pins as well because we just liked them. I also buy $200-$500 worth of real Disney pins from the park pin stations every time we visit. So, if I have traded scrappers at one time to a CM then so be it. I cannot any longer worry about scrappers if I cannot even identify one.......sorry, I just know i'm headed to the flame pin on this one.:worship:

My 4 year old Daughter and I have been trading pins for about a year now and in that time I have come to the conclusion that each pin collector is going to have to determine for themselves the morals and ethics surrounding scrap pins.

With the above said, I HAVE seen if full view of the public "PRO PIN" traders trading with cast members pins that are notorius as known scrapper pins. You will find deviant behaivor in all walks of life and you can certainly find it in of all places, Disney pin trading. It is unavoidable when someone tries to place a $ value on something.

You only have to watch maybe a few ebay pin lot auctions to find that these lots are a hot commodity. I have to believe that this demand for cheap pins is NOT driven by folks new to pin trading but maybe by the very same folks that are yelling the loudest against them, other serious collectors

To this day the pin trading guidlines remain as such. Pins must be metal, in good overall shape and have the Disney copyright logo. It must portray a Disney event, character, or attraction. as collectors we cannot expect Disney to control scrap pins. I certainly cannot control what others spend their money on. If you want to buy pin lots from ebay to make your experiences with children more enjoyable, then I say fire away. I would believe that 99.999989% of pin traders/collectors have knowingly traded a scrapper pin.

I don't think that ebay lot sellers are all that deviant. Not any more than some of the rude, "take a pin off of a sleeping baby's lanyard" collectors I have run across. All the pin lot auctions I have seen indicate they are fully tradeable and actually fall within Disney's trading guidelines, regardless of their origins.

Another point, collectors are in direct control of their collections. No one is forcing unauthorized pins into anyones collection. I often hear folks say that CM lanyards are full of scrapper pins and I say, don't trade for them then. Tell the CM your suspicions and maybe they will remove the pin.

lastly, to my Daughter and I, ain't no way i'm ever going to know the difference between scrapper and a real pin. To my Daughter, a Tinkerbell pin is just that, a Tinkerbell pin, regardless if it was lying on the floor at factory in China.......We all have to make our own decisions. I also know that just because Disney CM will trade scrap pins with guests doesn't make buying cheap Ebay pins right, But I will say that I have purchased lots from some of the good pin sellers and the bad. I have traded Alot of those pins, kept alot of pins as well because we just liked them. I also buy $200-$500 worth of real Disney pins from the park pin stations every time we visit. So, if I have traded scrappers at one time to a CM then so be it. I cannot any longer worry about scrappers if I cannot even identify one.......sorry, I just know i'm headed to the flame pin on this one.:worship:

Hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion on what they do or don't do. No flaming here, no matter what I believe. My DH and I love to trade. We trade as collectors. My kids trade just for what you said above. They like the pin and want to trade for it. A tink pin is just a tink pin to them.

surfergirl, First of all I would like to thank your husband for keeping our 2 Daughters Hannah and Rachel safe each and every night. I noticed on your signature that you are an Army Wife. I can only read each daughter a bedtime storiy and after closing their bedroom door I sometimes can hear soldiers from the past and present telling me "don't worry sir, We will take it from here" and then they take their posts infront of our Daughters doors. I cannot get through telling that story without crying like a baby, But I confess it's a debt I cannot repay...Thank You

On a Lighter note, seldom do you see rare valuable pins on cast members lanyards any more. I would agree with most serious traders if I was to go out and buy a pin for $1.00 and trade it for a more rare $15.00 pin then certainly most folks can identify a problem. For me, My observations are this....CM lanyards are filled with maybe 95% scrappers anyway...so I feel that scrappers are being bought and traded for scrappers already on CM lanyards.....I'm not certain. What I do know is most serious adult pin traders are now trading at conventions, maybe through websites and are for the most part staying away from in park trading? I really don't know. It's a theory.

It's really not a bad thing though, the serious pin trading is done with serious pin traders where both parties are knowlegable about scrappers, in side the parks maybe folks are indeed buying up all these scrapper lots on ebay, but they are usually trading them with CM scrapper lanyard pins. So i'm not certain the serious pin collector is being harmed except for taking away that rare find on a CM lanyard. I have occasionally found some unique pins on CMs lanyards, I usually will trade the CM for the pin and give him of her in return a pin I know to be authentic. The really neat, larger pins I end up buying anyways. Several my Daughter has tried to trade them away, a few times I have let her, others not....nevertheless, Thank your Husband for protecting my family, thank you for your sacrifices as a military wife........Scuba(son of a retired 22 year Air Force veteran)

I am new to pins also, and have learned so much here. What I was told was that Disney outsources the production of its pins to China. Then when the run of the pin is done, at least for the time being, the "mold" for that pin is supposed to be destroyed but often it is not. It finds its way to another factory and unauthorized pins get made. Those are the ones that would come in little plastic baggies. Also, an original pin can just be straight copied, backstamp and all, but the quality will not be as good. I think they call those the bootlegs. Then there are fantasy pins, a whole other ball of wax. They are like "tribute" pins to Disney. I don't think they are tradeable. Also there are ones showing the female heroines of Disney in very unflattering poses, especially Jessica Rabbit and Tinkerbell. Those are definately bogus, and while they are unique, no real Disney lover would have one in their collection, in my opinion. Do not be afraid to ask questions from the seller. Where did they get the pin? Why are they selling pins for only a penny? Does it have an original backing card? But it does get confusing because not all genuine pins come on their original cards. Buying a pin at a park, or at an online Disney store is the only SURE thing. But there are many many GOOD sellers on ebay. Check feedback. Ask other buyers. Ask a question over at Pinpics. I thought I had gotten a scrapper Chesire Cat, because even though it had a backing card, the SKU on the price sticker didn't match what the site said. But it turns out that when a pin is re-issued it gets a different SKU. Generally you get what you pay for like anything else. I have never traded yet in the park and am more into just collecting so my grandkids will have some fun pins someday. Just ask questions. The members here are a wealth of information and it's a fun place to learn. And have a good time! If any of my info is incorrect will a more experienced member clue me in? I am just trying to help and contribute because I think this site does a great service to the true lovers of all things Disney :dumbo:

I am new to pins also, and have learned so much here. What I was told was that Disney outsources the production of its pins to China. Then when the run of the pin is done, at least for the time being, the "mold" for that pin is supposed to be destroyed but often it is not. It finds its way to another factory and unauthorized pins get made. Those are the ones that would come in little plastic baggies. Also, an original pin can just be straight copied, backstamp and all, but the quality will not be as good. I think they call those the bootlegs. Then there are fantasy pins, a whole other ball of wax. They are like "tribute" pins to Disney. I don't think they are tradeable. Also there are ones showing the female heroines of Disney in very unflattering poses, especially Jessica Rabbit and Tinkerbell. Those are definately bogus, and while they are unique, no real Disney lover would have one in their collection, in my opinion. Do not be afraid to ask questions from the seller. Where did they get the pin? Why are they selling pins for only a penny? Does it have an original backing card? But it does get confusing because not all genuine pins come on their original cards. Buying a pin at a park, or at an online Disney store is the only SURE thing. But there are many many GOOD sellers on ebay. Check feedback. Ask other buyers. Ask a question over at Pinpics. I thought I had gotten a scrapper Chesire Cat, because even though it had a backing card, the SKU on the price sticker didn't match what the site said. But it turns out that when a pin is re-issued it gets a different SKU. Generally you get what you pay for like anything else. I have never traded yet in the park and am more into just collecting so my grandkids will have some fun pins someday. Just ask questions. The members here are a wealth of information and it's a fun place to learn. And have a good time! If any of my info is incorrect will a more experienced member clue me in? I am just trying to help and contribute because I think this site does a great service to the true lovers of all things Disney :dumbo:

Well you're 100% incorrect here. I've got a fantasy pin that's Meg with hot pink hair in a nurse type outfit, I've got tink fantasy pins, Jessica fantasy pins and some villan fantasy pins. I get more collectors wanting my fantasy pins (when I wear them) then any other pin I might have. CM's will not trade for them but regular traders just might. I bought the ones I have because I liked them, they are not trashy at all (Jess & Tink are both silhouettes on USA letters that are red white & blue with stars). I have seen some that are not "disney" at all and I do not like those but I do like the ones I have.

also do not just go with feedback.....do your own research on pins and scrappers. FB means next to nothing as many people have no clue what scrappers are, and unfortunately many others simply don't care....I never trust FB, I look for my red flags and make my choices based on that.

Otherwise your info on scrappers being made in China and real pins also being made in china is exactly right. That's what a lot scrapper traders use to justify their trading bad pins, they are made in the same place with the same molds so they must be legit.......:sad2: of course they aren't. :)

thanks for visiting our pin trade threads, I hope we are able to get you some great traders for your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter