Tron Lightcycle Run coming to MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am wondering if they’ll loop a path around from torn along the speedway to fantasyland. Kinda following the path that current walkway along the train does

I agree that this will be a prime ticket for awhile. If you look at these pics taken today, I think the current path will need to get widened if they keep it.

I believe there is a smoking spot there too.

Tron 4.JPG Tron 5.JPG Tron 6.JPG

If you look at the concept art you can see that the walkway is substantially opened up as you go under the Peoplemover track. The artwork seems to indicate adjustments to the Speedway track in order to create some more room back there for the flow of guests given the anticipated popularity. Again, this is concept art and there will be variations in the actual build but you can clearly see that they've thought about that and have a plan to open up the pathways back there in support of the attraction.

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 9.28.02 PM.jpg

Also wanted to add that given the permit modification you mentioned, I wonder if the speedway is going to get modified in some way. I’m of the opinion that it’s days are numbered regardless; it’s a slow loader, site on prime real estate, and probably is a pain in the butt from an operations standpoint. But as it’s supposed to remain even with tron that’s all conjecture

I am not sure I see the entire speedway getting modified (maybe just a section if Tron broaches on it?). I get the sense that once the 50th is done, Tomorrowland Speedway is on the chopping block.

I am not sure I see the entire speedway getting modified (maybe just a section if Tron broaches on it?). I get the sense that once the 50th is done, Tomorrowland Speedway is on the chopping block.
Yeah I think it’s a given it’ll get modified by that path. I’m biased against the speedway because I’m not the target audience, I just feel like there’s so much they could use that land for

Yeah I think it’s a given it’ll get modified by that path. I’m biased against the speedway because I’m not the target audience, I just feel like there’s so much they could use that land for

I'm well outside that audience too. Even electrifying the cars there, in my mind, only buys a few years at best.

I think that whatever long term vision they have, removing that part of the Peoplemover is basically off limits (unless maybe to extending it.....wishful thinking).

I just wonder what sort of outages the train, Peoplemover and Speedway will see during construction.. and when those may begin (or for how long).

Seems inevitable that all those attractions will see some downtime during construction (the train probably most of all).

I just wonder what sort of outages the train, Peoplemover and Speedway will see during construction.. and when those may begin (or for how long).

Seems inevitable that all those attractions will see some downtime during construction (the train probably most of all).

It's 'possible' they could run the train in shuttle mode where it goes from MSUSA to Storybook Circus and then backs up in the reverse back to MSUSA. It's certainly not ideal but they have done it in the past.

supposedly the Speedway will get a bit of a "tron" overlay to it - so I don't think it is going anywhere any time soon ... if they were going to get rid of it they would have done it now and used that land for Tron rather than making it much more complicated by having Tron on the otherside of the tracks

I don't believe the Peoplemover will be affected by Tron.

Nope the People mover should be fine, if they end up widening the pathway under neath it, the paving and clearing doesnt need any heavy equipment to do the work so, I suspect the only Outages we will see on the People Mover are just the normal outages you see during regular operation

supposedly the Speedway will get a bit of a "tron" overlay to it - so I don't think it is going anywhere any time soon ...

If this becomes reality, I believe it would be easier to digest if it coincided with another Tron movie. I haven't heard another movie is forthcoming.

Nope the People mover should be fine, if they end up widening the pathway under neath it, the paving and clearing doesnt need any heavy equipment to do the work so, I suspect the only Outages we will see on the People Mover are just the normal outages you see during regular operation

Agreed.

Tron 7.JPG

There have been rumors of Tron 3 for a while now.

There is an article where the director of Tron Legacy said the trilogy is stalled. I would love to see another Tron and my point being if an update is happening at the Speedway, it would be an ideal time to create/release it.

Now Kosinski has explained the current state of play. “I guess I can say that Tron 3 is in cryogenic freeze. So, it’s there. It’s not dead. It’s alive, but it’s sitting there, waiting for the right time to move forward,” he told Collider.

"That is more the reason we haven’t seen another Tron… that Disney stock is flushed with really successful properties right now. But that doesn’t mean we won’t see one at one point.”

http://www.nme.com/news/film/tron-l...te-on-tron-3-and-explains-its-premise-1999305

There have been rumors of Tron 3 for a while now.

If memory serves, the third was shelved due to the perceived failure of Legacy. I enjoyed it, but it evidently didn't make enough money to warrant reinvesting in the IP on a quick turnaround.

If memory serves, the third was shelved due to the perceived failure of Legacy. I enjoyed it, but it evidently didn't make enough money to warrant reinvesting in the IP on a quick turnaround.
Yes but there were rumors regarding possible actors signing on for a third film.

Tron could be a major IP but they need to reboot it from Scratch

I don't know about that, but the premise of the Tron 3 from his perspective is potentially worthy of another film. Imagine if the storyline(s) of the computer characters in the story were materialized into modern day (in a perspective of war). I am not suggesting this hasn't been done before, but rather in this particular story line. I think this is compelling.

That is what I heard/read as well. I believe if they somehow sequenced this series in a 5-7 year range, it would bode better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!