Trip Report

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Earning My Ears
This Easter me and my family went to Tokyo to enjoy the Sakura and everything that evolves that. It really is one of the very best times to go to Japan.
Any visit in Tokyo means a visit to Tokyo Disney Resort. It has become a tradition for us to do this trip.
DSC00075.jpg
We were in Tokyo for eight days. Every day was nice and sunny even if it doesn't like that in some of the pictures. This was the first time Tony visited any Disneypark. Here he is seen in the central hub of Tokyo Disneyland.

DSC00086.jpg
It was one of the last chances to view the parade. It has now been replaced by another one. The parades in Tokyo Disney Resort are always big and elaborate. You can tell that they spend money on their parks in Japan.

DSC00088.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

We ate at the Blue Bayou restaurant in Adventureland. Just like in Disneyland this restaurant is placed inside the Pirates attraction. The park was really crowded and we did not get to sit close to the water. But that did not matter. We managed to get a table with only ten minutes of wait.

DSC00063.jpg
Tony is standing outside the restaurant.

DSC00071.jpg
The food was REALLY good.

DSC00070.jpg
Everything was well made.

The meat I had was Japanese beef costed extra, but it was all well worth it.

Tokyo Disneyland was packed. The small attractions like Dumbo and the teacups had over 60 minutes of wait. Splash Mountain, Pooh, Monsters Inc all had over 200 minutes wait. Fastpasses run out fast and leave you with the choice of waiting in line or not riding. Some of the rides look sooo much better than their counterparts in USA that you just can't miss going on them while in the very busy park.

We had a great day at Tokyo Disneyland even though were glad we didn't have to wait anymore as we were exiting the park.​

Last edited:
The next day we spent in Tokyo Disney Resort was in the best theme park on Earth, Tokyo DisneySEA.

The entire park is like one gigantic attraction. The level of details is as if everything inside was real.
The rides here are a mix of unique and best of Disney.

DSC00201.jpg
Tony in front of the park centerpiece and Mt Prometheus. This mountain houses two attractions. One of the is the best ride the world, Journey To The Center Of The Earth.

DSC00208.jpg
Someone got tired at standing in line all day.

DSC00210.jpg
Dominik is happy to be back in Tokyo DisneySEA.

Last edited:

All restaurants semed to have atleast a 40 minute wait or were fully booked. But I took a chance and asked the castmembers at Magellan's to check if we could get a table.
They had a table. We only had to wait ten minutes!
Magellan's is a really good restaurant. One does not feel like being in a park when inside. It feel like being in a fort or some kind of castle not related to Disney. ....even though the entire restaurant is placed inside one of the bigger hidden Mickey's on Earth.

DSC00199.jpg
We got to sit inside a secret room that had it's entrance behind a bookshelf that opened when a hidden button was pressed.

DSC00197.jpg
The interior of the restaurant is just as nice as the food. I have to eat there again!

We spent two full days at the Tokyo Disney Resort. Even if we arrived in time for opening the crowds were overwhelming to the point that another two days would have been a must if one would want to see and do what is most important in these two parks. Since we had been here before and plan to go back soon we ended up only spending two sunny days in these amazing parks.

Tokyo Disney Resort is my "home" resort. Even if I live in europé I still prefer going to Japan over Paris. I have only been in Disneyland Paris once. I promised myself that I would not return until they cleaned up the place and added some new rides.

DSC00212.jpg

The best thing about Tokyo Disneyland is that it is like a mix of Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom and Disneyland. The best thing about Tokyo DisneySEA is that it is best. Disney in Japan is very clean and perfect. It is like their goal is to take everything that is great about Disneyparks and make it better.
Another thing that I love about Tokyo Disney resort is Tokyo. It is the cleanest safest and biggest city on Earth. It is the proof that humankind can build something that is huge and imposing but still very welcoming for those that visit and live there.

I sometimes make videos when I travel. Here is a look at how it is to walk around in Tokyo DisneySEA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!