Trip report threads poll

Would you like to see changes in the Community TR threads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Denise. Doing a poll is a much better way to go about it.

One thing you mentioned was wanting to filter out the idle chit chat that goes with the PTR. I don't see how separating the two will help this. Whatever ones writing style consists of in the PTR will likely be the same in the TR. If one is say posting about their fur babies soon to be adventure in the PTR will likely continue on with the same style and talk in the TR only addition is now that fur baby is resting safety at the fort. So again, I don't see how this will help or change anything other than we will how have two April posts instead of just one.

Last edited:
I like idea of separating them.

Back in the day everyone had their own individual TR thread and while it was unique, it made it quite difficult to keep track of.

Merging together made this much easier. However, the option to post your own TR has always been available.

The problem with one TR thread was you would have one poster discussing the new sidewalk and posting pics broken up with another poster putting up pics of their new tires for their trip and discussing how their furnace quit working and trying to get it fixed prior to heading out.

Just my input and thinking on the matter.

I need an "Either way" option.

I like one place to keep up with everyone that is coming or is already there. Some have always done their own thread and that's fine too. I can see having a monthly catchall pre-trip thread and a different monthly, anyone there, thread. Anyone wanting to post their own to keep theirs in one place can still do that too.

As for the idle chatter that is occasionally on topic, that's what makes this a great online community. I'm with Melissa, if someone only wants to see pictures and read about today's Fort/Park activity, they can scroll past all the rest of our comments about the site decorations, someone's kids, the squirrels, why the dog park is taking too long to reopen, the food truck, boat pilot rumors, when we'll see shovels in the ground at Reflections...:-)

j

I voted for one thread.

While everyone is free to do their own thread, pre-, during, or post-trip, we started this because there are LOTS of people who don't want to do a thread of their own about the trip. Maybe they're up for a post or two, some pictures, and a check-in update now and again. But the commitment of a thread of their own can be more work than folks want to do while on vacation. And life gets busy once you get home again. So we started the sticky monthly thread for folks to have a home for a post or pic or update.

If folks want to avoid the pre-trip chatter, much of it can be skipped by (using April as an example) NOT opening the April thread until at least April 1 and jumping to the posts in it that are April 1 or later. While you won't avoid ALL the pre-trip excitement, you'll skip a lot of it.

That's my opinion and it's worth what you paid for it.

Bama Ed

If going to open sub forum for individual PTR/TR's for those of us that want it I can see. But not so in favor of open monthly forum for those that only wnt to share highlights or some special moments caught by the camera

I want to add that I like a complete story all in one place.

When I buy a book (love buying cheap used hardbacks on Amazon), it might contain a Preface (the pre-trip planning and excitement), the Content/Story (Here we are in front of the castle), and the Prologue (we're home and miss the Fort already).

Bama Ed

six to one.

Half dozen to another.

Either way we go, we get the same content and enjoyment. At this time, it's 50/50 split which makes me smile even more.

I’m an either way person too, but because I feel no strong inclination/need to change, I voted status quo.

I'm not strong on this, but I suggest they stay together. I like being able to share the story of others travelling at the same time from front to back. If I want to do a full trip report that doesn't get interrupted, I can do so on my own. As part of a group travelling at similar times, however, I like seeing the stories unfold front to back. For the two I've been a part of it formed a bit of a 'niche' within this community that was fun to share!

Well it looks like we will keep them together.

Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter