TR Bonus - 10/20-24/18 "I hope you like pictures of food” - New TR LINK added 3/12

Should I post October TR as a continuation on this TR Thread or a separate one

• Yes - keep it going on here, It'll be easier to find.

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • No - that makes no sense - separate trip, separate thread.

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I rarely post on trip reports but I was there the same time as you - my daughter (26) and my grandson (almost 3) and me. We left on Saturday the 1st, though. We stayed at the Poly.

It was SO miserably hot. We're from GA, and with an inside job Monday - Friday I tried to condition myself by going outside more, but I was still miserable. I'm having my own private summer, too, so that didn't help. :headache:

We thought the crowds weren't bad at all, but the heat just sapped our energy and we rarely went to a park again after going back to the room for a nap. We did make good use of the pools almost every afternoon/evening, though! My daughter and I are Disney vets, so we were just glad to be there. We could lie in bed and watch the monorail go by, which THRILLED my grandson. :love:

ETA: I just noticed your trip list. We were there February 2018 too, LOL!

Hey thanks for writing. I always find it funny that when writing a TR I see one post for every 100 or so views. (Right now there's been 2800 views on this thread, but only maybe 25 posts not by me.) So THANKS for chiming in.

I actually found most of the evening OK. I mean, I hate humidity - I hate being wet. We come from the North where like dew points in the 60s are high, and these were like mid-seventies. I found the early mornings in the parks when the humidity was almost 100% the worst - because I literally would have water running down my face in a steady stream. It wouldn't be so hot, but I would get so drenched. The evenings to be were quite bearable, and I even found once or twice saying "this is actually almost nice". At least when it wasn't raining.

I also hate going to the pool and swimming, yet still sweating while in the water. That one drives me crazy.

Our DD doesn't like the cold, and wants to go to college in Florida. She actually didn't complain about the heat once, so maybe she's a closet southerner.

Having little ones can definitely make the desire to stay at the resort higher. They usually are just as happy at the pool.

We are Kidani for both stays which will be new for us so I’m excited to check it out. That’s great to hear that we should be able to see a lot of animals. I was just looking at pictures of the pool and splash area there and it looks really amazing. It works perfectly for us since all we want to do the day we get off the ship is play around in the pool and have a resort day before driving home Sunday.

We've only stayed at Kidani once. The great problem of Kidani is the length of it's halls. Staying one night and with no park time maybe no big deal, but if you are at the far end, the distance to walk has to be one of the farthest at a Disney hotel. The nice thing about it is you can get a lower floor. The views of the Savannah's at Jambo are all from up high because all rooms are 5th floor rooms. Kidani you can be down low - though we haven't done it yet.

The pool/play area there is great. As an adult I like the Jambo pool better, but I think with little ones you will not be disappointed in the Kidani pool, though maybe a little disappointed in how inconvenient it is to get to. (Through the front lobby or the parking garage.) The other thing I don't like about Kidani is the lack of food options. I mean, we adore Sanaa, but beyond that there's no way to get something to eat besides the pool bar. Much prefer access to Mara at Jambo house.

We've only stayed at Kidani once. The great problem of Kidani is the length of it's halls. Staying one night and with no park time maybe no big deal, but if you are at the far end, the distance to walk has to be one of the farthest at a Disney hotel. The nice thing about it is you can get a lower floor. The views of the Savannah's at Jambo are all from up high because all rooms are 5th floor rooms. Kidani you can be down low - though we haven't done it yet.

The pool/play area there is great. As an adult I like the Jambo pool better, but I think with little ones you will not be disappointed in the Kidani pool, though maybe a little disappointed in how inconvenient it is to get to. (Through the front lobby or the parking garage.) The other thing I don't like about Kidani is the lack of food options. I mean, we adore Sanaa, but beyond that there's no way to get something to eat besides the pool bar. Much prefer access to Mara at Jambo house

We have been at the end of very long hallways on so many trips now, it’s kind of become our norm so that won’t bother me too much lol we are unfortunately very used to it.

The food is kind of a bummer for us. We’d definitely prefer to be closer to the Mara but we were checking out some of the pool bar options and that may be ok for the short time we are there anyway.

Welp…. out of lurkdom I come.... enticed by your comment of 'views' vs 'posts', of which I am a very guilty member of the former on this and your other TR's. :)

Your family is adorable and so relatable. So neat that your daughter's friend was able to join! And I'm with ya on the dew points, fellow Northerner here!

We have been at the end of very long hallways on so many trips now, it’s kind of become our norm so that won’t bother me too much lol we are unfortunately very used to it.

The food is kind of a bummer for us. We’d definitely prefer to be closer to the Mara but we were checking out some of the pool bar options and that may be ok for the short time we are there anyway.

When we were there the pool bar options were disappointing, and also they stopped serving them at like 5 or 6 PM, which we were rarely looking to get dinner that early. There is a shuttle that goes over the Jambo back and forth constantly, so it's not that bad, but when you just want some food in your room, it's a real pain. We stayed there for 4 days and we ended up going over for food once, and the second time we just ordered from Sanaa - which is a tad pricey. I still can't believe they didn't put a small QS location there. Stupid WL has TWO QS now. It's this that made us essentially always choose Jambo. Otherwise, I'd like Kidani a lot.

Welp…. out of lurkdom I come.... enticed by your comment of 'views' vs 'posts', of which I am a very guilty member of the former on this and your other TR's. :)

Your family is adorable and so relatable. So neat that your daughter's friend was able to join! And I'm with ya on the dew points, fellow Northerner here!

Thank you! I wasn't intending it as a complaint, but it is nice to get comments too!

We are so hoping the weather breaks for our October trip.

Oh, sorry for the lack of updates - but we've been super busy, but I wanted to get one out before we left for DISNEY again!!! (Yes, crazy I know.)

Anyways - here's the start of Day 4.

Day 4: Let me be up front about this – I am not a big fan of EMH. I find it makes the parks more crowded that day, and the extra benefit of that hour is really marginal when you get into the park and have to fight the crowds that are there. It can be useful, but it’s best with hoppers when you can leave the park after a while. That said, in summer heat, AM EMH can be your friend, and we decided to do the EMH at AK for two reasons (1) to get on Na’vi River without a FP and (2) since we were at DAK anyways.

So we got everyone up at way too early an hour, packed our pop tarts, and made our way to the bus.

We got over to the park by 7:30, ready to beat the crowds. Suffice it to say we did NOT. We made it through security and check-in and headed to Pandora. Low and behold – Na’vi River is CLOSED. What? So we get in line for FoP, but they wind us down towards the back road to Africa, and it goes on, and on and on, and by the time the line stops moving – we are over by the Harambe Theater, and they are telling us a 90 minute wait. What? Forget it, we don’t really care that much since we rode this one last night. Disappointed, we decide to just go ride the Safari. Best decision of the entire trip, probably one of the best safari’s we’ve ever had. We actually walked up to the safari maybe a few minutes after it officially opened, but there were no more than a few hundred people in front of us. The animals were VERY active, and we were ready to see them.

An Okapi and his little buddy. (They told us what the little one was – just some animal that likes to hang with the Okapi.)

These guys were right by the truck.

The black Rhino was in one of his usual spots – but had tried to disguise himself covered in mud.

Are we having fun yet?

Once we got to the main Savannah, the giraffes seem to want to be right on the roadway. We saw lots of them up close.

The wild dogs were also out and about in their enclosure.

This was actually only the day before they brought out a new baby giraffe, so they had some fencing up around the elephants, but when we got to the Rhinos, the whole heard of rhinos descended on the roadway – and blocked us from going anywhere for a good ten minutes.

Everyone was amazed!

Eventually, a cast member came out and threw out a bail of hay, and the rhinos were excited enough to move off the road, so eventually we got moving again.
We didn’t see any cheetahs, but the Lions were quite active – moving out onto the closest rocks while we were watching.

Saw Zebras as well. Love your domes guys!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/28sov6q]

It was probably 8:40 AM by the time we got off the ride, and we were debating about what to do. We checked the APP and it was still showing Na’vi River was closed, so we decided to go over and ride Everest, but as we were walking over – I kept refreshing the App, and suddenly Na’vi was opened – showing a 60 minute wait. However, it was still like 8:50 AM, so I bet that the actual ride wait wouldn’t be that long. So we got over there and managed to beat the rope drop crowd to get in line. We basically walked straight through to the covered area, and I knew we weren’t going to be anywhere near 60 minutes. Suddenly the line slowed. It took us a few minutes to realize people were stopping at the water filling station that was in the queue. We had already drank most of our water supply. (I carry 4 bottles of water – one for each of us.) So we also stopped in line. DD got such a kick out of the fact that people were backing up the line waiting for the water fountain, she kept saying throughout the trip “This line was just to get water!” or something similar. It stood out enough to land the name of our trip report.

After the water fill, we moved on through the rest of the queue and we were actually on the ride about 12 minutes after we got in line! In fact, we got by the FP entrance before anyone got in the FP line, and I knew we were going to have a super short wait.

This is our second time on the ride, though only DDs first. (BFF had ridden it as well.) This is a nifty ride, and if you have to wait maybe 15-20 minutes its well worth it, but honestly anything longer than that it is NOT worth it.
After the ride was done, we were all already so hot (and yes it was only like 9:15 in the AM) and the girls wanted to get Frozen Lemonade while DW got some scones from the Starbucks location. We sat and rested a bit. In the meantime, we were expecting to meet up with several friends today. First was going to be K – who we also met up with back in February. WE had been texting her all morning, and she had just arrived at AKL to drop her car. We had been about to see Its Tough to be a Bug, but instead went into an air conditioned store. (ahhhhhh….) The girls ended up picking out shifts. DD got a “Grumpy by choice” shirt while BFF got a “Hey Mr. Grumpy Gills” shirt. I sense a theme here. DW also bought some Pandora jewelry while we were waiting. I resisted any more buys after my Trader Sam shirt.

Next time...it's meet-up time with friends...a couple of shows...and our favorite place to dine. [/url]
https://flic.kr/p/2b91cgN

before we left for DISNEY again!!!

Jeez. You disboarders, I'll tell ya. :)

I'm literally sitting here waiting for my first trip in ten years, and so many of you go literally like 3 times in the year that I'm planning our one trip!

(Just messin' with you - that's so exciting that you are going back!)

I learn so much from these trip reports. Literally just showed my hubby a picture of the pork nachos from Captain Cooks that was posted in another TR, because we WILL have them. :)

Yay for another trip!! I'm enjoying your pics on FB!

That line for FoP sounds insane!! I don't blame y'all for bailing. At least you were rewarded with a great safari. I love going when the animals are super active.

Too funny about the line for water. :rotfl: I was wondering how that would come about!

That said, in summer heat, AM EMH can be your friend, and we decided to do the EMH at AK for two reasons (1) to get on Na’vi River without a FP and (2) since we were at DAK anyways.

I can understand that, this is when we were here and it was hot as Hades!

Na’vi River is CLOSED. What?

Whaaaaaat???????

Disappointed, we decide to just go ride the Safari. Best decision of the entire trip, probably one of the best safari’s we’ve ever had.

That's awesome. I'm glad it worked out for you!

DD got such a kick out of the fact that people were backing up the line waiting for the water fountain, she kept saying throughout the trip “This line was just to get water!” or something similar. It stood out enough to land the name of our trip report.

Nice to know where the title comes from, but I had no idea there were filling stations in the queues. I will bring my bottle into the parks next trip!

The girls ended up picking out shifts.

Really???? I thought those went out of fashion in the 18th or 19th centuries. They are quite popular in Outlander, but that's kind of a while back. I thought most of today's women just wore bras.... :rolleyes1

Jeez. You disboarders, I'll tell ya. :)

I'm literally sitting here waiting for my first trip in ten years, and so many of you go literally like 3 times in the year that I'm planning our one trip!

(Just messin' with you - that's so exciting that you are going back!)

I learn so much from these trip reports. Literally just showed my hubby a picture of the pork nachos from Captain Cooks that was posted in another TR, because we WILL have them. :)

Well...I never know if this is something to be proud of - grounding so much of our income into traveling back and forth to a theme park in Florida. But we always have such a wonderful time. We just got back from Trip #4 for the year, and now we don't even have one planned. Hopefully we are committing to D23 and Disneyland next year!

First trip in 10 years! I wonder how much different it will feel for you. Certainly the fastpass system makes a big difference. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Yay for another trip!! I'm enjoying your pics on FB!

That line for FoP sounds insane!! I don't blame y'all for bailing. At least you were rewarded with a great safari. I love going when the animals are super active.

Too funny about the line for water. :rotfl: I was wondering how that would come about!

Ugh, it was insane. I love Disney, but I am just not a "stand in line for two hours" type of guy. Get me in and out or find another way.

DD thought the idea of waiting in line for water was so funny.

I can understand that, this is when we were here and it was hot as Hades!

Ugh, right!

Nice to know where the title comes from, but I had no idea there were filling stations in the queues. I will bring my bottle into the parks next trip!

I think there was only one other queue we saw a water fill station in, and I think it was the Alien Swirling Saucer ride. Must be something they are doing with the newer rides.

Really???? I thought those went out of fashion in the 18th or 19th centuries. They are quite popular in Outlander, but that's kind of a while back. I thought most of today's women just wore bras.... :rolleyes1

Oy vey! Ya got me.

WE are BACK from our fourth and final trip of the "Year". Such a bummer to go from having 4 trips in the planning stages to having NONE. We have ideas for when we will be going back, but likely not until 2020. It's sort of sad, but it's also exciting to be going to different places, so who am I to complain. I haven't even started working on THAT trip report yet - so you all will have to wrap this one first! I hope you can stick around, because there was LOTS of great food and a TON of drinks. I counted - and I had or shared 47 alcoholic beverages over the four days! I may have a Disney drinking problem. (Mostly this involves the cost to my bank account.)

Anyways - back to THIS trip report! Where we left off we were on Day 4 at Animal Kingdom, and we were in the store, and our friend K arrived before we spent our whole wallets. Time for ITTBAB! And BTW – our daughter may be 15 years old, but she has never seen this. And for that reason, DW and I haven’t seen it in 15 years either. She was easily scared when younger, and then resisted because she didn’t like any of the 3D movies, but BFF wanted to see it.

The show itself could really use a refresh of the 3-D, but the queue is pretty awesome.

I had forgotten that the theater is kind of on the small side, but I do kind of like this show. Not an “every time” show, but in the heat of summer it was a refreshing break.

This poor turtle was hanging out on the back of the tree of life, where no-one ever goes. I figured I’d share him with everyone.

Once we were out of that, we headed over to Festival of the Lion King. BFF had missed this show the summer before, and it is SOOO good. We also met other friends (M) before the show, and another couple (M&N) made it into the show late, so we caught up with them after the show. We didn’t have FP, but we ended up with some great seats anyways.

This show NEVER, EVER, EVER gets old.

Once we were done with this show, we headed over to the new UP! Great Bird adventure show. Now this was never the greatest show ever, but honestly the new show does NOT mesh together well. Dug and Russel are fine – but they come out randomly to talk, and then run off when the birds come out. This new version is NOT an improvement.

We had everyone gathered for our reunion, and we had a reservation at Sanaa. We were running a few minutes late though – so we tried to all and adjust our reservation by 30 minutes. Disney definitely made it difficult, but Sanaa’s lack of popularity makes it easy to adjust.

We went over there and had about 30 minutes before the table was ready. I went out to the Savannah. It was the same Savannah we overlook, but a part of it that is much more animal centric.

I always like going out and talking with the savannah guides – but it is HOT out there!
We ordered the best part of Sanaa meal – the bread service! We actually ended up ordering THREE rounds of bread, with all 10 sides. I love this, the sides are all so delicious, from the most mild to the spiciest! In case you really want to know – it’s Choice of Five Breads and with all Nine Accompaniments - Traditional Naan, Garlic-Ginger Naan, Spiced Naan, Onion Kucha, or Paneer Paratha. Accompaniments - Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Mango Chutney, Tomato-Date Jam, Tamarind Chutney, Coriander Chuntey, Garlic Pickle, Red Chile Sambal, or Spicy Jalapeño-Lime Pickle.

DW also got an order of Shrimp Tinashe which is Sauté Sambal Shrimp, Season Pap, and Nhopi.

I also love the Potjie here – got the butter chicken (so YUM!) and the Paneer Tikka, with basmati rice. Oh soooo good.

DW also got the Potjie with Braised beef and Aloo Masala and rice.

After lunch we got together for a picture. And you know a few of the people were hiding in the back – but this is a good gang of people.

We left everyone but K behind at Sanaa and made our way back to our room. K and DW and I went down and got some Zebra Domes while the girls got their electronics fix. It was a nice rest back at the room, for sure!

Next up...where to next????

Day 4 completion:

Our original plan for today was to go back to DAK and get Flights of Passage FP today – but we werent’ able to, so I moved the plans around and instead we went over to Epcot for the evening. Our first FP was like 5:30 PM, so we headed over for that time.

Who needs photopass!

Our first FP was for Test Track. It was weird when we got there, it wasn’t raining, but it must have been not long ago – because they had the FP line open, but the standby line was closed, and the FP line was pretty backed up – it took us a good 15 minutes to get through the line. The girls designed their car, and the adults designed their own. Turns out, even though we basically made the goofiest car possible – we still won! A celbratory Dab:

We next rode Mission Space, which we also had a FP+ for. K didn’t want to ride, and BFF said she hadn’t ridden before. We never dare to try the spinny side, so it’s off to orbit around the earth we go. I don’t like this new version as much as the Mars mission – it’s too much like “Soarin” now.

For the next part I was a particularly bad DISer. We went and had some dinner at Sunshine Seasons, but I didn’t take ANY pictures. (I Know, shame on me.) I remember K got in a row with the CM over what she ordered – she got a kids meal, and they didn’t give her a “dessert” (cookie) with it, because she got 2 sides. But the menu SAYS right on it 2 sides. In other words, she was right. DW and I split something, and I think the girls just had cake. (We were still pretty full from lunch.) While we were down there, we noticed that Soarin’ only had a 15 minute wait, so it was all like “Why not!” – we hopped on Soarin! We then still had one FP left – for Spaceship Earth. We didn’t get far into the ride when the ride vehicles stopped – the girls were in the car ahead of us, but I took their picture:

We eventually started moving again.

This statue has way too much clothes for the renaissance.

Post SSE – we were done for the night. It was probably 8:30 – K had a longish drive home, and we were pretty beat from our early start.

Ride total : 5 at AK (includes shows), 4 at Epcot.

Step totals: 21,507 steps (8.3 miles). This was our #1 day of the trip.

Your 4 trips are over! Wow! (and also, crazy!).

Day 4 sounds like a busy day!!!

We never managed to get on the Navi River in May. Only FOP. Navi was too long. Oh well, that only means we 'got goals' for the future. Hahaha!

I think they did something to the Lion area in Safari. It used to be that you never saw them. Now, you always see them. They act like 'wow, you can see the lions... this is special!' but in reality I feel like the last few years, every time we've been on the Safari they have been very visible. Previously, in like the 10 years prior to that, never.

Ah, I miss DisneyWorld. Pictures & Trip Reports make me want to go back badly. When are you heading to Disneyland? We are heading there end of March (mostly a SoCal trip with 2 days thrown in at Disney because I can't not go to Disney).

I LOVE the Festival of the Lion King show! You're so right. Never gets old!! It's quintessential Disney, and one of the best shows they offer in the parks.

We've still never done the bird show, either the old version or this new one. Bummer the changes they made weren't for the better.

So cool you were able to meet up with friends & have a great meal!

Looks like you had a great evening at Epcot & hit a lot of highlights! I'd love to end every night in Disney World with a relaxing ride on SE (or the PeopleMover for that matter!).

Your 4 trips are over! Wow! (and also, crazy!).

Day 4 sounds like a busy day!!!

We never managed to get on the Navi River in May. Only FOP. Navi was too long. Oh well, that only means we 'got goals' for the future. Hahaha!

I think they did something to the Lion area in Safari. It used to be that you never saw them. Now, you always see them. They act like 'wow, you can see the lions... this is special!' but in reality I feel like the last few years, every time we've been on the Safari they have been very visible. Previously, in like the 10 years prior to that, never.

Ah, I miss DisneyWorld. Pictures & Trip Reports make me want to go back badly. When are you heading to Disneyland? We are heading there end of March (mostly a SoCal trip with 2 days thrown in at Disney because I can't not go to Disney).

We will be out in Disneyland in mid to late August. We are going out for D23. Just about to buy the tickets. (Pre-sale prices end November 20th.) A little apprehensive about it, but really eager to give it a try.

Your not missing much having missed Navi. I wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes. It's cool, but way short and not much too it. I am surprised at the lack of story as well.

I miss WDW too even though it's been like 10 days. We are way too addicted to that place.

So much fun! I loved Sanaa, the bread service is so delicious. Thanks for another fun report.

Thank you! And Sanaa is totally the best!

I LOVE the Festival of the Lion King show! You're so right. Never gets old!! It's quintessential Disney, and one of the best shows they offer in the parks.

We've still never done the bird show, either the old version or this new one. Bummer the changes they made weren't for the better.

So cool you were able to meet up with friends & have a great meal!

Looks like you had a great evening at Epcot & hit a lot of highlights! I'd love to end every night in Disney World with a relaxing ride on SE (or the PeopleMover for that matter!).

Too bad you guys never got around to Flights of Wonder. The old version was cute. The new version isn't terrible, but I think it doesn't work as well with the humor that the original one did. It's still worth checking out.

I was also impressed we got through most of the worthwhile stuff in Futureworld in just a few hours. Epcot FW is in such sad shape. Love spending time in WS, but FW its all about hitting the main rides and getting out.

Day 5 - resort transfer day and MNSSHP:

Today was resort moving day. I kind of love a split stay. The reason is it sort of makes a week-long vacation feel like two vacations. In this case we were “moving on up” from Animal Kingdom Lodge to the Beach Club. The girls even commented when we got to Beach Club “Now we are staying with the richy rich”, but honestly the cost difference through DVC is pretty minimal. (The BCV rooms would never be as “cheap” as they are, but they were set up in the system 15 years ago before they raised all the point totals at the newer resorts.) The morning was spent first sleeping in – I think the adults slept until about 7 AM, while the girls slept probably until 9 AM. We finished packing all our stuff – the one negative to doing this. And by about 10:30 AM we had called the bell-man to move our bags over to Beach Club. We checked out of the room, and it was off to our (lyft) to Beach Club.

We arrived at Beach Club around 11:30 AM. The plan was that we had a 2 PM lunch at Beaches and Cream, and so we were going to swimming while we waited for our room to be ready. Well, it turned out that when we got there, our room was already ready. YAY!

We again didn’t get our request, which was near the elevator, and instead got “almost the farthest point from the elevator we could possibly put you.”
However, to make up for that – this was our view:

So that’s the land pavilion in the front, with Soarin’ sort of sitting on the right. Then Spaceship Earth, and beyond that the new Guardians of the Galaxy coaster. The girls were so excited by this they almost looked up from their phones.

The room layout is pretty standard DVC. I do have to say though they did a really wonderful refresh versus the sort of beat up quality of the rooms from when we were here in 2015.

This was the last time the room would look like this. The girls were thrilled to have separate beds for a change, and they never were folded up again.

Once we were in the room, we had brought our bathing suits with us so we didn’t need our suitcases. So we put on our stuff and went down to the pool. It is easy to admit that the pool here is pretty darn awesome. We checked out all the different parts of the pool, and probably were down there for about an hour and a half. We were just getting out to go back to the room, when there was a whistle for “lightning in the area” and they started clearing out the pool anyways. We got back to the room and changed for our lunch. By this point, our clothes had also arrived.

Beach and Cream is a fairly standard burger and ice cream joint, but it’s a fun stop when you are staying here at Beach Club.

The Sundaes are sort of amazing. We all had sandwiches of our choice. I went with the Burger while DD got the chicken BLT and BFF got the chicken strips.

For desserts, I told the girls they had to split a Sundae, and there was no argument. They got the mud-slide. (The one with the brownies.) Meanwhile, DW and I got the “No Way Jose”. I don’t normally like peanut butter on ice cream, but I actually found myself enjoying this one a lot.

While we were in the restaurant – it started to flat out pour! And it poured, and poured and poured! We had planned this switch to co-incide with the Mickey’s Not So Scary Christmas party. Being DVC, we were actually allowed to get into the party at 2, but I had planned for a 5:30 PM arrival. Well, 5 PM came and it was STILL pouring. The 5:30 PM, and finally at 6 PM it started to let up the littlest bit. So – at that point we headed out for MK. DD and BFF went as Lilo and Stitch, and DW and I were Pirates, where DW was “The Red Head”. (Not the current Redhead – the original.)

There was this massive crowd waiting for the bus, and since it was still raining pretty hard, I said “Let’s wait for the next one.” It took another 20 minutes, but we finally got a bus to the park. By the time we got there, it was right about 7 PM, which was the “official” time for the start of the party. It was STILL raining…

Will the rain EVER stop??? Find out in the next update..

Enjoying your TR! Nice your DD could bring a friend along this trip. Love the location of the Beach Club - so convenient. Hope the rain stopped for your party night!

I'm glad your resort switch went smoothly. I love arriving to a room already ready for me! The rooms look really crisp & pretty. I'm pretty excited about finally getting a chance to try out some more deluxes now that we have our DVC points! BCV seems like it would be perfect for a relaxing type of trip with that pool they have.

The No Way Jose is so good!!!

Great costumes!

Oh man, I hope the rain let up for y'all. No fun dealing with rain on an expensive party night. Aside from a packed sold-out party, weather is something else I worry and worry about when we are planning on a party.

Enjoying your TR! Nice your DD could bring a friend along this trip. Love the location of the Beach Club - so convenient. Hope the rain stopped for your party night!

You will just have to wait a bit longer to see if the rain stopped! Beach Club is a GREAT location.

I'm glad your resort switch went smoothly. I love arriving to a room already ready for me! The rooms look really crisp & pretty. I'm pretty excited about finally getting a chance to try out some more deluxes now that we have our DVC points! BCV seems like it would be perfect for a relaxing type of trip with that pool they have.

You will love it there with the kids. The pool is pretty amazing. Now that DD is older its not as critical, but she chose both the resorts, and specifically for the pools. (Personally I find that I am falling for Boardwalk - but more as an adult at the parks.)

The No Way Jose is so good!!!

It's pretty great, and I'm not a big peanut butter fan. (At least in ice cream.)

Great costumes!

Oh man, I hope the rain let up for y'all. No fun dealing with rain on an expensive party night. Aside from a packed sold-out party, weather is something else I worry and worry about when we are planning on a party.

I know - I thought about it a lot before the trip - and sitting in our room waiting for the rain to let up from "total downpour" was super frustrating. At least by the time we left it was down to "steady drizzle".

I love the redhead!! (The old one!)
Thanks for the report.

I love her too....oh you mean the Disney one! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter