• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

travelling solo great...but hurricanes suck

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
So, I'm enjoying my trip, oblivious to the news of the world when a CM tells me to get out while I can - the hurricane is a Cat. 4 afterall. So, now I am terrified because I can't get out and now I am all by myself, stuck in my hotel for 3 days because of it.
Wish us all luck that are down here and cannot get home. I am really scared and do not know what to expect. It's supposed to get really bad.
Will talk to you soon,
Joline

Not to make light of your situation-- Can I take your place? I’ve always wanted to experience a hurricane, especially in a hurricane-rated hotel. A quality building can withstand a cat-4.

ChisJo - I am sending lots of pixie dust your way:flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

Please let us know how you are doing. I have never experienced a hurricane so I can only imagine what you are going through. Know that there are a lot of people here thinking about you.

Stay safe :D

The hurricane is serious, but Disney will notify you if you need to leave the area. Hurricanes lose steam as they pass over land.Go get some food to last you for Sat and or Sun. Go get a book or DVD to use up the time. I think the worst will be having nothing to do while it passes over WDW.

I would be nervous myself, but Disney will take care of you. Maybe contact the front desk and explain your situation. Solo, with no experience of hurricanes.

Hang in there. This too shall pass.

Let us know how you're doing

:)

Susan

you okay????

I hope everything went okay and you are fine and are in the parks today!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter