Travel time.

garnwr32229

Mouseketeer
On average how much time should we allow to get from place to place using Disney transportation.
Examples- at magic kingdom need to get to artist point.
At animal kingdom need to get to garden grill.
At pop need to get to be our guest or chef Mickey.
Any advice is welcome please

I think the standard advice is to allow for 1.5 hours. My experience has usually been an hour on average from door of hotel room to restaurant. If leaving a park, leaving park exit 45 minutes-1 hour before reservation at a hotel. Yes things happen and it could be more, but it's been rare. I would be willing to stick to the hour rule and risk get stuck and have to call for a quick Uber than to adhere strictly to the 1.5 hour recommendation.

Variables would be crowd levels (if I'm trying to enter a park at 10am on a super crowded holiday weekend), I would allow for more time.

I’d say 90 min from park to park or your resort to another resort. Park to hotel an hour should be plenty. Hotel to park if it’s the middle of the day an hour is fine, if it’s first thing give it 90 to be safe depending on transportation lines.

I am a worst-case scenario planner so I allow 1.5 hours from door to door from park to park or resort to resort. If I get there early I can look around, sit on a bench and relax, have a pre-meal drink, or maybe check in for my reservation (possibly being seated early).

I'm less worried if I'm going from resort to park and not trying to make it on time for a reservation/ fast pass.

I have a few cautionary tales but this is my favorite: We left BC 70 minutes before our Ohana reservation. Waited about 15 minutes for a bus to MK at BC. Arrived at MK, had to go through bag check to get to the monorail station. Got on the monorail with 20 minutes before our reservation. Monorail was held between the Contemporary and TTC. At the TTC we had maybe 5 minutes before our reservation, and didn't know if the monorail might be held again. DH got off the monorail and jogged to the Poly . . . only to be greeted with a line of 20 other people waiting to check in at Ohana (womp womp). Ultimately we were fine and the restaurants do typically give 15 minutes grace or so (they aren't required to!).

Bottom line, it would have been a MUCH more relaxing morning if we had just left earlier and allowed more time and DH could have probably enjoyed breakfast more had he not jogged over in the blazing heat.

Thank you! I’ll just plan for 90min! There will be 7 of us. 2 in scooters, 1 in a stroller so I feel like it might take us a while to get places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter