Transportation to US/IoA

Updating to say that for us, uber was a great experience. From pop to universal early morning it was about $25 but I had a free ride. However on the way back we couldn't get it to work and there was traffic/increased time I think we paid $38. Well worth it, comfortable....

Sorry if this has been asked before.....Has anyone used Dreams Unlimited Travel before? Is it reliable? I don't want to rent a car. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Yes, DU is reliable. I'm just not sure what you're using then for to get over to US/IoA.

I see that they have gone with a new company..Quick Transportation. Not sure why they've changed from Mears, but reading the info, it seems to be very similar to Mears.

Quick or was it quick silver? Was once the preferred provider for UO many years ago

Quick or was it quick silver? Was once the preferred provider for UO many years ago
If you're talking about the towncar company Quicksilver, probably not. DU had them on their banned companies for a very long time.

Now I remember that

UO used that company back around 1997
And it was that company

UO dropped them some years later

We are flying in to MCO late (arrive at 1135PM). What is the best way, and relatively cheap-ish, to get to Royal Pacific? We want a round trip ride (leaving 5 days later). I am so spoiled by DME...I am so very overwhelmed having to figure this out!

A car service will be the easiest. Mears is probably an option as well...cheaper but takes quite a bit longer.

Car service at about $100 for a round trip might be good for you

Car rental could be cheaper but you would have a $22 ($24)per day + taxes parking charge at the hotel

I apologize if this has been answered. I thought I saw the thread once but I can't seem to find it now. Do the WDW resorts allow Uber to come on property to pick people up now? We're headed to WDW in a few days, but also have tickets for US/IOA. Just trying to figure out the best/comfortable/affordable way to go is.....

I have booked the DU pkg several times now. It all worked very well. Once we were able to get to US/IoA, get checked into our hotel (Royal Pacific) and to the entrance to IoA by 8:30.

About $35, each way.

About $35, each way.

Thank You[/QUOTE]

I am also looking into options for trip from WDW to Universal. It looks like several of you have taken a cab for around 35.00 each way. Is that 35.00 the total price for up to five people in the car?

We would have a total of four people going and so the 35.00 each way in a cab versus the 20.00 per person shuttle sounds like the best deal for us.

Also, if you have used a cab, what cab company did you use that you liked?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Thank You

I am also looking into options for trip from WDW to Universal. It looks like several of you have taken a cab for around 35.00 each way. Is that 35.00 the total price for up to five people in the car?

We would have a total of four people going and so the 35.00 each way in a cab versus the 20.00 per person shuttle sounds like the best deal for us.

Thanks for sharing your experiences![/QUOTE]
Cab fares are per vehicle, regardless of the number of passengers.

Uber or Lyft can pick up at WDW resorts & parks, and will cost you $14-$18 for up to 4 riders; $24-$32 for 5-6 riders. Fares may be higher at times of high demand; the app will alert you that "surge pricing" is in effect. Tips are neither included nor required, but are welcomed. Lyft allows tipping within the app; Uber tips must be in cash outside the app.

Thank You

Thanks for sharing your experiences![/QUOTE]
Be aware...that quote is from 2014!! Prices have gone up! It's probably going to be closer to $50 each way now!

Private car service I use is still $100 round trip for wdw to UO and back

Had a friend that used a taxi last week and it was about $35 + tax/tip

But it was during a slow period and no traffic
Time in the taxi adds to the cost especially if you travel during heavy traffic period

I do not use uber and only know what friends paid, that did use uber last week

Car rental is a wash as the parking fee at city walk is $20
Add that cost to a daily rental fee when you are working the numbers

No idea if taxi rides have any additional charge for more than 3 people for the ride

As of October 19, 2016 I can tell you that 4 people taking a Mears Cab from Port Orleans Riverside to Universal, was about $40 each way, including tip. This was based on a Monday and a Wednesday visit.

In the morning, we left POR at 8:15am Monday, and came home around 7:15pm. And on Wednesday we left POR at 8:30am,and came back at 4pm. So even rush hour didn't change the cost that much.

I tried to use Uber but I was told we couldn't be picked up from POR so I don't know. We got to Universal, that's what counts :)

I think I'd like to use the $20(ish) Mears R/T Disney-Universal shuttle on a solo trip. Can this be booked online (I can't find it on the Mears site.) or do I need to call? If so when do you recommend I do?

As of October 19, 2016 I can tell you that 4 people taking a Mears Cab from Port Orleans Riverside to Universal, was about $40 each way, including tip. This was based on a Monday and a Wednesday visit.

In the morning, we left POR at 8:15am Monday, and came home around 7:15pm. And on Wednesday we left POR at 8:30am,and came back at 4pm. So even rush hour didn't change the cost that much.

I tried to use Uber but I was told we couldn't be picked up from POR so I don't know. We got to Universal, that's what counts :)
By a driver or someone else? If a driver, sounds like a lazy driver to me. We got picked up at our building at POR without issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter