Transportation after Southwest flight

sp'smom

Earning My Ears
What is the best way to transfer from MCO to the Poly when flying Southwest?
It will be me, my almost 3 year old grandson, and my daughter who will be 23 weeks pregnant. I was considering Mears but after going through the threads I have concern about the location from baggage claim.
TIA for your help.

I tend to use a black car service / limo service called Happy Limo. It's not cheap but it's reliable. I never have to wait around.

The driver helps with the bags and it feels very safe if it's just me alone or just me and the kids.

It will be me, my almost 3 year old grandson, and my daughter who will be 23 weeks pregnant. I was considering Mears but after going through the threads I have concern about the location from baggage claim.
TIA for your help.
We would just uber. We loved magical express, but it was included and the best part was the luggage transfer. Now, especially with 3 ppl. youlk be able to uber for around the same price as mears, and don't have to deal with mult. stops, waiting to get on, and no lugging everything to the other side of the airport.

Eta: I go alone with my girls often and have never had an issue.

We would just uber. We loved magical express, but it was included and the best part was the luggage transfer. Now, especially with 3 ppl. youlk be able to uber for around the same price as mears, and don't have to deal with mult. stops, waiting to get on, and no lugging everything to the other side of the airport.

Eta: I go alone with my girls often and have never had an issue.

Not wanting to bring a car seat. Chances of getting an Uber with one?
Chances are good BUT the price is higher then a regular. Based on availability you may only be quoted Uber Black, over $100.

That's why I suggested booking a car service

On our last few trips we have used Mears Luxury, it is expensive though the tip is included in the cost, FWIW, and you can request a car seat when booking. We need that for DD who was just under 3 the first time we used Mears and 3 and a half the second time. The driver was waiting at baggage claim with an ipad that had our last name on it, helped with luggage, and once we were all in the car we were ready to go, no waiting for anyone else, no extra stops. We are taking a cruise out of Port Canaveral this summer and using them as our airport transfer again. We consider the cost to be worth it for the reliability and not having to deal with the chance of an uber not having a car seat.

Of note, the first time we used Mears our flight was delayed by nearly two hours and it was not a problem at all and the driver was right there when we landed.

I use Gearfusion, the service is great and their prices are reasonable. You can get a car seat with them I think it was $5

Thank you all! I have booked with GearFusion. Only a few weeks out so I will let you know how it goes. The price is less than I paid for mears connect last year. I was not happy with Mears connect for the price.

Thank you all! I have booked with GearFusion. Only a few weeks out so I will let you know how it goes. The price is less than I paid for mears connect last year. I was not happy with Mears connect for the price.
Definitely report back if you can! We've used a car service, but it was pretty on-par pricewise with Mears, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on a less expensive version! Have a great trip!

Any ideas for needing 2 car seats? Everything I see shows you have to do a car service with a van or SUV. Wasn’t planning to bring car seats on the plane, but thinking I might need to now…

TIA for your help.
GearFusion was Awesome! You can not beat it for the price. Both drivers were great. Much better than Uber or Mears. Very reasonable prices! Will book again!

We had really good luck hiring Tiffany Towncar. We went last year with our 3yo and they provided a car seat in great condition, we didn't have a million stops at a bunch of different resorts before getting to ours, which would have been difficult on the little. Overall, it was expensive but totally worth it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter