TRANSFERRED points: As receiver of transferred points, they do NOT have 11 month home booking advantage correct?

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
As RECEIVER of transferred points, receiver does not get 11 month home advantage correct?
Transferred points can be BANKED?
Thank you,😁😁

The points do not change home resort or use year when transferred, and thus, for whatever home resort they belong to, you can use them at 11-months out, otherwise only at 7-months out. Transferred points can be banked but not borrowed.

I think that you can use them for their home resorts at 11months. Obviously, 7 mo for a non home resort. And yes, I think you can bank them if it is this year's use year.

I *think* you can also borrow transferred points if you transfer next year's points.

The DVC booking system has been glitches galore recently....

I think that you can use them for their home resorts at 11months. Obviously, 7 mo for a non home resort. And yes, I think you can bank them if it is this year's use year.

I *think* you can also borrow transferred points if you transfer next year's points.

The DVC booking system has been glitches galore recently....
Transferred points cannot be borrowed regardless of which use year they come from. A member can, at any given point in time, transfer points to another from the current use year or next use year, but once transferred the recipient can bank but never borrow transferred points.

As RECEIVER of transferred points, receiver does not get 11 month home advantage correct?
Transferred points can be BANKED?
Thank you,😁😁
As above, the receiver does get 11 month booking privileges with transferred points. The issue is that the receiver usually can’t see those points on their website dashboard and has to call MS to book with them.

All transferred points maintain their original UY and home resort (of the account they are transferred from not to). So when banking, you have to know their UY and banking window. And as stated above, you may need to book and bank with MS rather than online.

Thank you all! 😁😁Transferred points to receiver bankable and retain 11 month Home Resort booking!

Thank you all! 😁😁Transferred points to receiver bankable and retain 11 month Home Resort booking!

Be aware that using those transferred points online during the home resort period does not work, and you will have to call MS. There has been one report that I remember that someone said they could but that seemed to be an oddity.

Transferred points are put in a temporary contract and you won't see them until you go to book with them. If your membership does not have points to book RIV or VDH, and the transferred points you receive can book those places, you may not see them as choices online and will have to call to use them.

Once you hit 7 months, using transferred points with your own points, even if they are the same home resort, seems to work fine.

Be aware that using those transferred points online during the home resort period does not work, and you will have to call MS. There has been one report that I remember that someone said they could but that seemed to be an oddity.

Transferred points are put in a temporary contract and you won't see them until you go to book with them. If your membership does not have points to book RIV or VDH, and the transferred points you receive can book those places, you may not see them as choices online and will have to call to use them.

Once you hit 7 months, using transferred points with your own points, even if they are the same home resort, seems to work fine.
I just received transferred points for the first time and the info in this thread answered the issue that I was having with using the points during the 7-11 month period. My planned trip isn't until late October 2025 but having no experience with transferred points, I wanted to test the waters and I tried to book 8 months from now with the transferred points at their home resort. After seeing that a room was available and hitting Continue, I was getting a weird message that the reservation can't be completed because the requested dates are no longer available. So, I came here for information and, as usual, I was rewarded, so thank you.

Now my question: my wife and I will be treating two BILs and SILs for this trip for Food & Wine. We'll have approximate dates but one set may require us to slide the dates a day or two. Once I make the necessary call to MS to book the trip, would I be able to modify the dates online or will I need to call again? TIA

I just received transferred points for the first time and the info in this thread answered the issue that I was having with using the points during the 7-11 month period. My planned trip isn't until late October 2025 but having no experience with transferred points, I wanted to test the waters and I tried to book 8 months from now with the transferred points at their home resort. After seeing that a room was available and hitting Continue, I was getting a weird message that the reservation can't be completed because the requested dates are no longer available. So, I came here for information and, as usual, I was rewarded, so thank you.

Now my question: my wife and I will be treating two BILs and SILs for this trip for Food & Wine. We'll have approximate dates but one set may require us to slide the dates a day or two. Once I make the necessary call to MS to book the trip, would I be able to modify the dates online or will I need to call again? TIA

If you are using transferred points during home resort period, even for modifications, the online system doesn’t really work.

I would plan on having to call but no hurt trying!!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest