Transfer question

dkostel

DIS Veteran
If I get a transfer of point from another member who has the same resort and use year as I do can I borrow those points into the current year to complete a reservation or are those points not able to be banked/borrowed?

I don't think transferred points can be borrowed, but they can be banked. But to be sure I'd call Member Services to ask.

In my experience, no. When use year and resort match, then you can see and use those points online, but they are not bank-able online. My experience is within the past year.

Last edited:

I am also new and trying to learn the process of transferring. Is there anywhere here that has the rules of this? If someone would like points transferred can I do that from my membership page or do I have to call member services to do it?

You must call Member Services to transfer. You must transfer points to someone in the same active use year (2017. 2018, and so forth). You are allowed one transfer per year per membership.

Chuck S.....thank you so much for explaining. So if I have 2017 Feb UY points they need to be used, rented, or transferred by Feb 2019 right? Also from what you said above the person I would transfer to would have to have a FEB UY? Is that right?

I also think I will not be able to use my 2018 points so does that mean I would have to combine these points to try to make 1 transfer if I am only allowed 1 per year? Thanks in advance.

Presuming these Feb 2017 points are banked? You can’t transfer banked or borrowed points. You could transfer your Feb 2018 points into someone’s 2018 UY, doesn’t have to be Feb, any month. Ex: Feb 2018, Mar 2018, April 2018, June 2018...

Also you cannot combine UY, but you could say transfer Feb 2018 points into someone else’s 2018 UY (counts as your 2018 transfer), and transfer Feb 2019 points into someone’s 2019 UY (counts as your 2019 transfer).

Another question, if you have multiple contacts with same UY can you transfer ALL of those points in one transaction or can you only take points from one contract?

Thank you. This helps a lot. This is what I am looking for is the rules since I am new to this. This there a book of rules somewhere in the threads? Yes my 2017 points are banked by the previous owner. I just bought the contract so that means I cannot transfer them but I could still rent them on the board correct or sell to David?

Last edited:
Thank you. This helps a lot. This is what I am looking for is the rules since I am new to this. This there a book of rules somewhere in the threads? Yes my 2017 points are banked by the previous owner. I just bought the contract so that means I cannot transfer them but I could still rent them on the board correct or sell to David?
You don't "sell" to David. David's connects owners with points to use with potential renters. You would still make the reservation and retain control. David's collects the funds from the renter, disperses part of it to you upon making the reservation and the remainder when the renter checks in.

FWIW, you will want to list those points fairly quickly. We are already in the 11-month window for April. The 7-month window for Dec. 22 opens today (5/22). In between now and January 31, you have Fall Frenzy with very little available in the way of studios, which is what most renters seem to want and only scattered availability over the summer months.

You can not transfer banked banked, but once transferred, points can be banked by the recipient. Transferred points retain their original use year month, banking window and home resort. So, if I were to transfer my OKW point to a member who has BWV for their home resort, they could use the transferred points at OKW at 11 months, but not at BWV until 7 months. Yes, you can rent your banked 2017 points, either through our board or through a broker like David's, but can not transfer them. Rentals, essentially are renters contacting you, you make the reservation, and they rent the reservation from you.

If you go to the member website, check out Explore Membership and then Vacation Points. It will give you the official info on transferring, borrowing, banking, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter