• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"training for Disney" shirts

beckyb29

Mouseketeer
Hi everybody!

I've decided to splurge and get myself one of the "Training for Disney" marathon shirts from the Disney shopping site. Has anyone purchased one of these? I hesitate only because tech-shirt sizing is sometime a little different, and I'm not at all familiar with Champion's sizing. Any advice on buying true-to-size?

Thanks, and happy walking/running!

I also splurged and got shirts for my DH and I. My upper body is usually one size smaller than my waist/hip area so based on the size chart on Disney's website I ordered a large. However, the large was tighter than I prefer around my waist/hips so I exchanged for an XL and it fits better. I would suggest ordering a size up if you don't like your running shirts to be too tight.

I got the in training for the 1/2 marathon at the expo in Jan. I usually wear an xl in mens shirts and that is what I got for this shirt. It fits fine. I do not like the ladies sizes because they never fit me right.
My husbands L fits him fine also. We did get tech shirts in the same sizes and they are tighter. When I got the shirts I never new about tech sizes fitting differently.

Hope this helps
Kathy

I agree that the womens shirts run a bit small. I would order one size up unless you like things very "fitted"

I would love to get a training shirt. :love: Can you tell me the site you got it from? I looked on the Disney site and can't find it! :confused3
Thanks!

When you go to the disney website, search for the word marathon. Otherwise, click on "Adult Clothes and Accessories" and it is the last menu bar.

Thanks for all of the replies, everyone! I know that they CAN be exchanged, but it is a bit of a pain to go through that...especially when we have the DIS to help us out!

Happy Training! :-)

LOVE this shirt. my BFF got it for me for my birthday last month. The shirts run SHORT> I wear a small t-shirt but a medium in more "fitted" shirts. She got me a medium and I am glad b/c a small would have been way too short! If you have a longer torso, def. size up!
I am 5'9" and here is what a medium looks like on me (sorry for the no makeup!):
2e0a59c1.jpg

hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter