TP plans

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
For those who use touringplans personalized touring plans do you find them accurate. I made a plan for MK on april 21. It has me going to jungle cruise at 9:58am (9am opening) claiming it will be an 8 minute wait. I find that extremely hard to believe since JC is usually a long line early on. Am i missing something.

For those who use touringplans personalized touring plans do you find them accurate. I made a plan for MK on april 21. It has me going to jungle cruise at 9:58am (9am opening) claiming it will be an 8 minute wait. I find that extremely hard to believe since JC is usually a long line early on. Am i missing something.
I have found the touring plans not as accurate as they used to be with the advent of Genie+, but I still find them very useful, if for nothing else to have a list of what we would like to do during our day at that particular park. We have found ourselves jumping around a little more from the plan if we are using Genie+.

I don’t think that shouldn’t be a busy day, so I guess it’s possible.

I don’t think that shouldn’t be a busy day, so I guess it’s possible.
I think there is a new runDisney event from 04/18-21, but they aren't expecting it to have as much affect on crowds as some of the other events.

I think at some point TP was supposed to roll out a new version with G+ incorporated into the planning but I'd guess that an hour after park opening, JC will be more than an 8 min wait most days of the week, regardless of season. I've not used the custom park plans for a number of years so I cannot attest to accuracy.

I think at some point TP was supposed to roll out a new version with G+ incorporated into the planning but I'd guess that an hour after park opening, JC will be more than an 8 min wait most days of the week, regardless of season. I've not used the custom park plans for a number of years so I cannot attest to accuracy.
They did roll it out with G+ and ILL.

They did roll it out with G+ and ILL.
Yes, they did, but I still don't think they are as accurate as before because you have no idea what times you will get if you use Genie+. Now once Disney allows you to make Genie+ reservations before you arrive then the touring plans will operate pretty much the same as with the old Fastpass+ system. Fingers crossed this happens soon.

Yes, they did, but I still don't think they are as accurate as before because you have no idea what times you will get if you use Genie+. Now once Disney allows you to make Genie+ reservations before you arrive then the touring plans will operate pretty much the same as with the old Fastpass+ system. Fingers crossed this happens soon.
We do in park optimizing now and specify the time we got.

The problem with TP is its very inaccurate when it comes to rope dropping early morning hours. For example, if you put in "Rise of the Resistance" as an early morning entry rope drop. It will have it listed as over an hour wait. I have done this three times on separate visits and I have never waited more than 30 minutes. This same problem happens doing the same for 7-Dwarfs in MK, etc.

Having your first ride be so far off, it throws the whole rest of the trip out of whack and off time.

The problem with TP is its very inaccurate when it comes to rope dropping early morning hours. For example, if you put in "Rise of the Resistance" as an early morning entry rope drop. It will have it listed as over an hour wait. I have done this three times on separate visits and I have never waited more than 30 minutes. This same problem happens doing the same for 7-Dwarfs in MK, etc.

Having your first ride be so far off, it throws the whole rest of the trip out of whack and off time.
It’s assuming you got into the park/line at opening, not earlier. They have been tweaking it; however, if you optimize in the park after you have picked your first G+, it’s better about this. It knows you are in the park before opening then.

I am trying to use Analyze as I have a game plan. When you choose optimize, it changes your ride selection order to what it "feels" is the right way to do your itinerary. It's of no use if you have a game plan for whatever reason that doesnt fall within its logic.

The jungle cruise thing doesn't feel right, but in general TP is pretty good. I usually refresh the plan a few days before once they have a better idea of crowd levels. That might fix whatever is going on. You can also try to force it to put jungle cruise first and see what happens. I also usually set the walking speed to slow as a way to add some "buffer" to the plan in case we're running behind (or need a bathroom break, etc.).

Even though I have a TP subscription, I’ve never utilized the touring plans section. For anyone who uses DAS, does TP have a customized plan for that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter