Toy Story Land - offical opening June 30th.

Don't give up hope, they often have a preview for DVC, AP holders. And a soft opening prior to the official date.

We leave the 26th... so I guess HW will be a short day of some shows and no TSMM :(

Yeah, we are going down on June 22nd till the 25th, so I'm not holding my breath that they will do a soft opening for AP or DVC owners until the 28th at the earliest.

Just leaves one more thing to do in February 2019.

I will for sure cancel my Memorial Weekend plans. Now should I go for the weekend it opens or not? Hmmm. I really want to be there on actual opening day so I can say I was there.

I was there for the opening day of New Fantasyland and Pandora. Both were completely insane yet I had fun. LOL

The GMA announcement called Toy Story Mania "4D" instead of 3D. Is that an upgrade? I don't recall 4D features (i.e. water and air shot at you, etc.). And if so, will they have to take the old half of the ride out of commission for a while to retrofit it? Or will they have already done this by the opening? I'm just trying to set my expectations on whether the ride will truly be operating with double the old capacity in August or if it will still have the old capacity and 4 hour lines.

Yeah, we are going down on June 22nd till the 25th, so I'm not holding my breath that they will do a soft opening for AP or DVC owners until the 28th at the earliest.

Just leaves one more thing to do in February 2019.

Do you really think they would only do two days of soft openings for AP and/or DVC? I don't recall what they did with Pandora (as we were not DVC members then) - was it really only for 2 days?

The GMA announcement called Toy Story Mania "4D" instead of 3D. Is that an upgrade? I don't recall 4D features (i.e. water and air shot at you, etc.). And if so, will they have to take the old half of the ride out of commission for a while to retrofit it? Or will they have already done this by the opening? I'm just trying to set my expectations on whether the ride will truly be operating with double the old capacity in August or if it will still have the old capacity and 4 hour lines.
AFAIK, they are not making any changes to the actual TSMM ride. The ride was recently expanded to add a 3rd track. The entrance will be moved into TSL.

Do you really think they would only do two days of soft openings for AP and/or DVC? I don't recall what they did with Pandora (as we were not DVC members then) - was it really only for 2 days?
The AP/DVC Previews for Pandora were held between May 13th and 22nd. Sign ups began March 24

there is air shot at you on the army scene? right. i din't know that would mean 4d though

i was just coming here to see about preview day for DVC. what was the day separation from preview for dvc to opening day to public?

The GMA announcement called Toy Story Mania "4D" instead of 3D.
there is air shot at you on the army scene? right. i din't know that would mean 4d though

From the attraction page at disneyworld.com:
Select targets throughout the attraction feature special 4D special effects, like air blasts or water sprays. Don’t be surprised if that 3D balloon you’re aiming for splashes you when you hit it.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/hollywood-studios/toy-story-mania/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter