Touring Plans Question

0FF TO NEVERLAND

DIS Veteran
I have always had good luck with touring plans so I usually do it every time I go, cause its no harm

Question:

For the resort studios at GF, do I choose to send the room request to the villas at grand floridan, or the grand floridan resort?

Not sure if it matters which I choose

Thanks

If you are using touring plans, once you enter in your reservation information, they automatically know where to send it and you do not choose, at least that is how it's been for us over the years.

We generally have great luck with Touring Plans. All but once our requests have been matched (and that one time renovations were ongoing, so no great surprise there).

For what it is worth, I got the exact room I requested on touring plans this week.

I'll be staying in the resort studios later this year and going back and forth on room requests, may I ask which one you requested out of curiosity? (Totally understand if you don't want to say until your stay is finished!)

FWIW, we have never received our TP requests which are pretty general in nature (including this week), but agree no harm in asking.

Since you will choose your specific room type and request, an another poster said, TP knows from there.

I'll be staying in the resort studios later this year and going back and forth on room requests, may I ask which one you requested out of curiosity? (Totally understand if you don't want to say until your stay is finished!)
We were in a 2 bedroom BoulderRidge. Request 4519- received 4519-4 nights.

the first 3 days we were at POFQ- requested 4127 got 3108.

My #1 tip for using this service is to not stop at simply selecting a room and leaving it up to the automatic request. That's what most people do and tbh this method is a crapshoot because the room assigners really have no way of understanding why you picked that room, even with the way TP translates that into a broad language request. Thus if they can't fulfill it they will stick you anywhere. The best thing to do is after you pick your desired room, go to the additional notes box to explain very briefly what your preferences are. eg "We would like to be on an upper floor near the elevators, but being on the upper floor is most important". ime they really do try to meet requests and this helps them and thus helps your chances.

Doing it this way, the only time I've never gotten either the exact room I asked for or one quite similar was when I was booked Outer Building TPV at the Grand and was pixie dusted into the main building. (This is when it was unbookable because RPC had not yet reopened)

My #1 tip for using this service is to not stop at simply selecting a room and leaving it up to the automatic request. That's what most people do and tbh this method is a crapshoot because the room assigners really have no way of understanding why you picked that room, even with the way TP translates that into a broad language request. Thus if they can't fulfill it they will stick you anywhere. The best thing to do is after you pick your desired room, go to the additional notes box to explain very briefly what your preferences are. eg "We would like to be on an upper floor near the elevators, but being on the upper floor is most important". ime they really do try to meet requests and this helps them and thus helps your chances.

Doing it this way, the only time I've never gotten either the exact room I asked for or one quite similar was when I was booked Outer Building TPV at the Grand and was pixie dusted into the main building. (This is when it was unbookable because RPC had not yet reopened)
I think when they send the request it may have the room number you picked on their site, but they put NE upper floor etc.

I don't send in my requests, I use their services and they send the request.

There has been an occasion where I asked for first floor/lower floor and gotten upper floor very far from the elevator.

I also use TP for the reservation finder. It is a hit or miss but I have gotten a couple of reservations that I could get at my booking window without having to stalk the WDW site.

I think when they send the request it may have the room number you picked on their site, but they put NE upper floor etc.

I don't send in my requests, I use their services and they send the request.

There has been an occasion where I asked for first floor/lower floor and gotten upper floor very far from the elevator.

I also use TP for the reservation finder. It is a hit or miss but I have gotten a couple of reservations that I could get at my booking window without having to stalk the WDW site.
You misunderstood what I'm saying. What I'm referring to is using the Configure Room Request function on your TP dashboard once you've picked your room on the room finder tool. "NE upper floor", which is how TP translates the room you pick on the room finder tool, doesn't tell the room assigners anything about why you want "NE upper floor". They see that, and if they can't give that to you they don't have anything else to go on. But explaining (briefly!) why you want it in that configure request box makes a difference--it means that if they can't give you that general area, they'll try to look for something else that meets the criteria you told them, or at least as close as they can. It's not an either/or proposition, configuring the room request that way doesn't replace the request, it's in addition to it.

Obviously nothing is 100% but doing that gives you a considerable leg up even on other people making requests via TP because the vast majority of TP users click that room finder button and use it in a set it and forget it fashion not realizing that you can go back and add additional information to your request in that box.

Edit: took a couple of screenshots to explain what I'm talking about (specific room requested blacked out for obvious reasons).

room request.png

The Additional Information field is where you want to add on those brief details I mentioned. It's a separate field beneath the one populated by clicking a room in the room finder tool.

room request2.png

Last edited:
You misunderstood what I'm saying. What I'm referring to is using the Configure Room Request function on your TP dashboard once you've picked your room on the room finder tool. "NE upper floor", which is how TP translates the room you pick on the room finder tool, doesn't tell the room assigners anything about why you want "NE upper floor". They see that, and if they can't give that to you they don't have anything else to go on. But explaining (briefly!) why you want it in that configure request box makes a difference--it means that if they can't give you that general area, they'll try to look for something else that meets the criteria you told them, or at least as close as they can. It's not an either/or proposition, configuring the room request that way doesn't replace the request, it's in addition to it.

Obviously nothing is 100% but doing that gives you a considerable leg up even on other people making requests via TP because the vast majority of TP users click that room finder button and use it in a set it and forget it fashion not realizing that you can go back and add additional information to your request in that box.

Edit: took a couple of screenshots to explain what I'm talking about (specific room requested blacked out for obvious reasons).

View attachment 760944

The Additional Information field is where you want to add on those brief details I mentioned. It's a separate field beneath the one populated by clicking a room in the room finder tool.

View attachment 760945
Before the time to send my request to the resort, I type in more specifics-like my husband had recently had surgery and using and ECV if I needed a ground floor @ POFQ. or close to elevator etc. I have only been a TP member since 2012 and only take 3 trips a year, and I still have a lot to learn.

Online check in is opening soon

Do I still use online check in if I already made the touring plans request? I don’t want it to override what I sent them

If you are using touring plans, once you enter in your reservation information, they automatically know where to send it and you do not choose, at least that is how it's been for us over the years.

Nope. They would have to have full access to the WDW resort reservation system for that to happen. You enter your confirmation number so that the assigner knows which is your reservation. You still have to select the resort from a drop down menu. It's been that way for at least 10 years - and I'd imagine longer than that as I really don't see giving an outside party access to their resort reservation system.

View attachment 760944

View attachment 760945

Agreed! The "type of room" field is in "assigner-speak" so they know the general area/direction the room faces/etc.

An example of my further information would be (this was from my All Star Sports request):
1st priority - Surfs Up section
2nd priority - 3rd Floor
3rd priority - Corner room

That way the assigner knew to first look for rooms in Surfs Up, then see which of those were on the 3rd floor, then if any were corner rooms. I ended up in the room next to a corner facing the direction the "type of room" line indicated (since they knew that was what I was most interested in from my selecting a room facing that way).

Curious if this is normal, I used touring plans for the room request. I called today and was told there are no requests. Has that happened to anyone else?

Curious if this is normal, I used touring plans for the room request. I called today and was told there are no requests. Has that happened to anyone else?
When do you check-in?
Room Requests If you find a specific room you like, we'll automatically send Disney your request for that room, up to 30 days before you check in.

In two weeks. I got the email that they made the request at 30 days.

I called today and was told there weren’t any requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter