Tortola Virgin Gorda baths excursion question

StalCA

Earning My Ears
I have been wanting to see the baths on Virgin Gorda for years and finally have the chance with an upcoming Disney Treasure cruise in February. Does anyone know the difference between the Tour the Baths at Virgin Gorda excursion and the "with lunch" option? Is the only difference the lunch part. $46 seems pretty steep just for a lunch.

Thanks!

My sister did the “with lunch” option. She believes the only difference is the lunch and the additional time to eat. And not worth the added price.

Even the write-up just adds lunch.

I have seen reviews and videos of this excursion, with the conclusion that those who are comfortable with DIY adventures, to go with Speedy’s Ferry + shuttle to The Baths and control your own time for enjoyment in the water. You are not held up by (nor do you slow down) other guests.

IMG_8669.jpeg

Just lunch. And longer time away from the ship. We did the tour without lunch earlier this year. We were happy to be back on the ship and eating lunch at cabanas - instead of eating lunch at their restaurant. We loved the excursion - one of our most favorite days. It was the perfect amount of time at the baths for us. We did the DCL excursion and loved not having to stress about doing things on our own. We were the first people off the ship and got to the baths before anyone else.

If you are comfortable doing it on your own it is SOOOO much better! We did it on our own and got there before the ship excursions. We got to do everything with very little people there and it was so enjoyable. Once the ship groups got there it was time to go because it was just too crowded. The ship groups looked like absolutely no fun either. Everyone just walked through in a long line. We were able to stop and explore as we liked and swim in the beautiful water (before the baths), which I don't think the tour groups got to do. (It was also much cheaper doing it on our own.)

We did the "with lunch" option and I would recommend against it. I was having knee problems at the time so I waited at the restaurant for my hubby. The food people were ordering and paying for looked good. Then they put out the lunch for the cruise ppl and it was significantly poorer quality than what could be purchased at the restaurant. My husband and I both thought the food was awful.

If you are comfortable doing it on your own it is SOOOO much better! We did it on our own and got there before the ship excursions. We got to do everything with very little people there and it was so enjoyable. Once the ship groups got there it was time to go because it was just too crowded. The ship groups looked like absolutely no fun either. Everyone just walked through in a long line. We were able to stop and explore as we liked and swim in the beautiful water (before the baths), which I don't think the tour groups got to do. (It was also much cheaper doing it on our own.)

Same. We got off the ship as soon as we could and walked over to the ferry. There was a ferry there waiting so we paid on our way to the Baths for round trip and bus to the Baths. We had it all to ourselves!

We did the “without lunch” option in August with DCL and returned to the Fantasy for lunch in Cabanas. It was a great excursion and we would recommend it. We were the first group off the Fantasy, which was the only ship in port that day, so it was not a crowded excursion at all. You do get to swim at the first beach (we spent approximately 3/4 - 1 hour there) before going through the boulders to the second beach where we spent another 3/4 - 1 hour. Just a quick tip - if you are susceptible to motion sickness, sit outside at the back of the ferry. That way you are facing forwards and get fresh air during the trip over and back. We saw a few “green-looking” people come out of the enclosed cabin during both ferry rides. The crew gave them some water and let them sit on the floor where they could get the wind blowing on their faces.

my only suggestion is don't do the afternoon excursion if you have early dinner. We made it back to the ship at 5:40pm with a 5:45pm dinner time. Went to dinner with wet hair from a quick shower. :rotfl:

We did the “without lunch” option in August with DCL and returned to the Fantasy for lunch in Cabanas. It was a great excursion and we would recommend it. We were the first group off the Fantasy, which was the only ship in port that day, so it was not a crowded excursion at all. You do get to swim at the first beach (we spent approximately 3/4 - 1 hour there) before going through the boulders to the second beach where we spent another 3/4 - 1 hour. Just a quick tip - if you are susceptible to motion sickness, sit outside at the back of the ferry. That way you are facing forwards and get fresh air during the trip over and back. We saw a few “green-looking” people come out of the enclosed cabin during both ferry rides. The crew gave them some water and let them sit on the floor where they could get the wind blowing on their faces.
That’s a lot of beach/water time.

Thanks for giving a report of a good experience with the DCL excursion. 👍

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest